• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dead 360 =c

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
  • So I have one of the 4GB slim xbox 360's. I left for a weekend and I came back and it won't turn on. If it does turn on it is for about 10 seconds and the power symbol turns red. I've done a lot of reading on this and I just want to know what you guys think. MS wants way to much money to fix it and I have heard I can fix it myself for cheap. Do you guys know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lots of small independent tech stores can fix them. I had mine fixed for around £50, I don't what MS ask for but I assume its more?

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • Yeah with how much MS is charging, I could buy a new 360. But they always wipe my memory clean. I don't want to buy a new 360.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • that sucks sounds like you got a case ofthe red ring, although the slims are said to not be able to get that, so I'd say its like ps3's yellow light... See if gamestop will try to repair it, if not yea take it to a small store, never send it back to MS they mess up stuff all the time...

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
  • Does Gamestop do console repairs? I went to one before and the guy told me they don't do that. But he hates me so that could've been why.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Does Gamestop do console repairs? I went to one before and the guy told me they don't do that. But he hates me so that could've been why.

I know they resell 360's that they have repaired.. if you look on their tags some systems say game stop refurbished, others say microsoft refurbished. I have a GameStop one. However I'm not sure if they repair personal systems. They are a big company so I dunno..

Back