• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dead Weight Challenge

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Challenge Criteria

This challenge is a long and strenuous one and it's a variation of the NuzLocke Challenge.

Essentially... You can only catch 6 POKeMON at a time, once your party is filled up, you may no longer catch POKeMON.

If a POKeMON is KO'd he or she is considered "Dead Weight" meaning, it may not be revived and MUST STAY IN THE PARTY.

The difference between this and NuzLocke Challenge is that you can't remove "dead" POKeMON from your party and put in a box. So once you have your team of 6, you're finished. When all your POKeMON are KO'd you may restart from your last save point because once you black out it's game over.

Challenge Rules

1. You may use healing items ONLY! (POTIONS, ETHERs)
    2. No REVIVES are permitted
    3. Once you have a 6 POKeMON Party, you might as well sell the remainder of your POKeBALLS.
    4. POKeCENTER's are off limits.
    5. The only time a POKeMON may be revived is during scripted event. Like with that lady using the CHANSEY in the Forest, we can't help that she'll heal your POKeMON, so consider that part of the game a grace period.
    6. When you black out, Game Over, restart from your last save point.
    7. The challenge is finished, for now, after beating all 8 GYMS

Registration
    Game: (D/P/Pt)
    Starter:
    Date Started:

Special Challenge Creator Request
    After every GYM please post (but don't double post) a brief summery of what you went through from point A to B.

Screen shots are acceptable as well.

Challengers
    Trainer Timothy (On-Going)
    KoboraX (Has not started)
    Nine-Ray (On-Going)
    Rodriguezjames55 (On-Going)

Challenge Winners
    -

Userbars
    Dead Weight Challenge

Last edited:

T!M

Years
    What if PP runs out? Ethers aren't exactly common.

Better grow some Leppa Berries, brudda.

Game: P
    Starter: Piplup
    Date Started: After I finish my Normal UMC, but that won't be for a bit since I'm only in Pastoria.

Accepted.

Also, for me.

Registration
    Game: Pearl
    Starter: TURTWIG
    Date Started: 02:51

Last edited:

T!M

Years
    I don't know what you mean by trade, but you need to use the sign-up template set up. Thank you. Until then I hope you don't succeed because you would have done all that work for nothing.

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
    Not sure if caring about them
    Dead Weight Challenge

Or actually hope they don't succeed lol

Anyways I beat Roark my team is Monferno Staravia Magikarp(Dead Weight)

T!M

Years
    oh $#!+ forgot to sign up

Registration
    Game: Pearl
    Starter: TURTWIG
    can i trade a weak pokemon early cuz many good pokemon are avalible late (sneasle aipom ...)

No trading POKeMON can only come in the form of ones that evolve due to trades. (Ie. MACHAMP, GENGAR, ALAKAZAM

Also, accepted.

Back