• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dealing with a weakness to water

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
Years
  • Hi everyone,

I'm currently building a fire deck and am wondering if there are any cards that remove weakness (and possibly resistance) from the game. I ask mostly because I know that there are cards that can do this for other types (Such a Glacia's stadium and a certain Metapod that prevents all your grass type Pokemon from having a weakness)

What would be perfect is a stadium card that acts as a fire equivalent of Glacia's Stadium, or one that removes both weakness and resistance completely as none of the Pokemon I'm planning on using have any resistances. I have found the Ancient Tomb stadium card removes all weaknesses but was wondering if there was anything out there that would be a better choice.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    For a tournament legal deck, I can recommend using Plasma Energy and Plasma Frigate. The first is an energy card, the second a Stadium.

Plasma Frigate states that "All Pokemon that have Plasma Energy attached to them have no Weakness.".

Years
  • For a tournament legal deck, I can recommend using Plasma Energy and Plasma Frigate. The first is an energy card, the second a Stadium.

Plasma Frigate states that "All Pokemon that have Plasma Energy attached to them have no Weakness.".

Thing is, Plasma Energy and Plasma Frigate aren't going to be released in English for at least 6 months after they get released in Japanese. The set they're in isn't even out yet in Japan.

And it's not play legal in English countries until it gets released in English.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • The only things I can think of in the legal BW-on format that remove weakness are leavanny. But setting up a stage 2 just to do that isn't that good, especially considering virtually every competitive deck would have a way to wreck that card.

As for unlimited play, I think your best bet is Bubble Coat.
    Spoiler:

Back