• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Dealing With Defensive Types!" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss Byron's iron-clad defense strategy in "Dealing With Defensive Types!"

My review to come forthwith.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The battle was pretty good.

※ How do you recognize a Chimchar that fast?

※ Gyro Ball looks awesome.

※ Steelix is huge compared to the battle field.

※ The infamous Screech/Iron Tail combination. It kills on impact.

※ The Steelix/Chimchar music sounds epic. Maybe cool. At least enjoyable.

※ Lucky break for Chimchar when the ground collapsed.

※ Kabutops has a mouth. Ew.

※ Bastiodon vs. Gliscor

※ The next move didn't decide the battle after all.

※ The awkward scene from the end of the opening doesn't seem as awkward in the episode.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Once again, we get another great gym battle. It's amazing how fast it came(the last gym battle was just six episodes ago). I'm glad Ash pulled it off. It was definitely weird seeing him not use Pikachu, but I'm glad Gliscor got a chance to shine. I have to admit though, Byron's "I love (insert object)!!" got a little annoying after a while. The animation was top-notch, and PUSA kept pretty much all of the battle music(I also love how they PUSA synced thier own music with Team Rocket when they first enter the room with the Armaldo and Cradily), so those are nice bonuses as well.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Warped Reflection, I just wanted to say I like that symbol you use a bullet point XD I liked this gym battle ~

- Yelling Dan Green! XD
    - Roark recognises Chimchar haha how?
    - Love the opening theme ~ But I skip it anyway
    - I don't know whether it's just this video, but the BGM is a bit quiet
    - But Dan Green is loud
    - Wobbuffet's voice is better than Team Rocket's...
    - Huh, is TPCI trying to copy Team Rocket's sneaking theme?
    - "Page from the play book?" I haven't heard of that expression before o.O
    - I liked how Ash yelled "Buizel", it sounded really convincing, I thought
    - Byron loves lots of things
    - Cool Gliscor pose
    - "They're both running out of gas" weird way of saying they're weak, oh well
    - Some nice TPCI music when Gliscor and Bastidon are battling, a bit before Bastidon faints
    - Gliscor suffocating Ash XD

Music kept: (14)

GS Opening Theme
    Copy Pokemon Awake (movie 1)
    Flying Pokeball Chaos (movie 1)
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1)
    Team Rocket's Sneaking Theme
    Team Rocket find Cradily and Armardo
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1) (a different section of it)
    Fight! Real VS Copy Pokemon! (movie 1)
    Buizel knocked out (is it? o.O)
    Chimchar comes out (where does that come from? I love it so much. Is it just TV BGM?)
    Chimchar dodging attacks
    RSE Team Aqua/Magma Battle
    DPPt Gym Battle
    DPPt Route 207

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Byron sure was crazy with his defensive love xD
    Battle was great and I think if Chim would continue it could ended up like the battle when he beat Paul's Ursaring that means Blaze again...

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    Chimchar comes out (where does that come from? I love it so much. Is it just TV BGM?)

Movie 6 when they're being chased by Groudon's tentacles. Sadly it wasn't on the OST, which is why no one recognizes it. I recommend you to put it up on the tube if you got the movie on your harddrive. :]

Great piece indeed.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Music kept: (13)

GS Opening Theme
    Copy Pokemon Awake (movie 1)
    Flying Pokeball Chaos (movie 1)
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1)
    Team Rocket's Sneaking Theme
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1) (a different section of it)
    Fight! Real VS Copy Pokemon! (movie 1)
    Buizel knocked out (is it? o.O)
    chimchar dodging attacks
    RSE Team Aqua/Magma Battle
    DPPt Gym Battle
    DPPt Route 207

There's also that goofy music when Team Rocket finds Armaldo and Cradily. It's very very quiet. XD

Movie 6 when they're being chased by Groudon's tentacles. Sadly it wasn't on the OST, which is why no one recognizes it. I recommend you to put it up on the tube if you got the movie on your harddrive. :]

Great piece indeed.

I was wondering where that piece was from, too. Thanks!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Great piece indeed.

I don't and have no idea where to get it :/ But thanks ^^ Perhaps I'll just add it from an episode then

There's also that goofy music when Team Rocket finds Armaldo and Cradily. It's very very quiet. XD
    Thanks, I'll add it ^^
    Yeah, I thought it was quiet this episode, too. Thanks, I'll add it ^^

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Byron sure was crazy with his defensive love xD
    Battle was great and I think if Chim would continue it could ended up like the battle when he beat Paul's Ursaring that means Blaze again...

Blaze should've activated during the battle. Chimchar was almost knocked out against Steelix so that would mean that Blaze would activate. Sadly, it seems that Blaze activates only when the writers want it to be activated.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Roark: "Hey, I know that Chimchar!"
    - but.. they all the look the same! Dx;

All in all, this was one of my favorite Gym Battles so far, and Byron was pretty amusing. I think part of that was because Dan Green voiced him. I almost always find his roles amusing.. although this one sort of creeped me out a bit. "I LOOOVE DEFENSE!" and Roark just looked at him like it was normal for people to be that enthusiastic. xD; That aside, I liked the battle quite a bit, as well. Some of the Gym battles are typical, and uninteresting.. but I didn't think this was one was like that at all.

Back