• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dealing with member situations

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Don't whack a baddie's head (don't post in a noob's thread)-Gotta love that rule.

XD shouldnt these be sticked.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    *coughcough* .... I want to report this too. =P No chance of this thread getting locked is there?

Oh well, I've read it and yeah. Its a nice set of things to do, and um.. I'll try my best to follow them. =)

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Yeah! this has come about, Thanks for posting it^^; I was once reported by alex in that sort of manner and it kinda had me stray away from being nice with em o_o Felt pretty rude about it, but now that this is here there should be more control over the objectives ^_^ this is very nice and I promis to fallow them as well o_O For sometimes I am claimed to be a hypacrit.. :shields: lol.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    These shouldn't even have to be said, they're all common sense...

but unfortunately, around PC, common sense isn't common -_-

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    When it comes to some people common sense seems to be profound and unamagenable sometimes -.-;; Though Pc is great =D and I wouldint have it any other way, there are a few people out there that seem to forget being kind is the best thing to do ^^;I hope this rule of common sense helps it.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Call me weird. But it pisses me off when "older" members try to bully around new members.

I've seen that A LOT, such as these posts..

loser hypocrite said:
    OMFG!!! NO DOUBLE POSTING!!!!

Thank God there are now rules for this.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, it's nice to have a set of rules about this ongoing problem, but will it work out in the long run?

It's hard to not bash a n00b these days, especially if they post something that gets you angry and want to teach them a lesson.

However, if you think it'll work, I'm for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I think this should be stickied.Sincenobody will listen if they do not see it stickied.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Saboten said:
    I think it's a really good rule, especially not insulting n00bs, but people gotta realise that they were n00bs at some point or another...
    Well there's a difference in n00bs and newbies. And that's what's missed most of the time on forums.
    n00bs are just ones that won't learn to do better on the forum, or listen to the Staff or members when they say they shouldn't be doing ... (double posting, spamming etc).
    Newbies are the good members that try to learn and try to be a member (the ones that won't leave a week after joining). I was a newbie at one time, everyone that wasn't a n00b was a newbie. Everyone had to learn the rules, learn PC's ways and thus a newbie.

Anyway I do like all this. Stuff like not posting in the ad threads, or making a spammer/flamer (Don't look for me to call them trolls, because I'm not) worse, or them spammy report posts. But yea, D is right, none of this should have to be said.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    So you mean n00b and newbies aren't the same thing????

OMFG! ITS THE ATTACK OF THE INTERNET LANGUAGE. :p

So according what this dude just said, when I first came here, I was a n00b. 8D Oh wait, I still am. Whoop-de-flippin' doo.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    What do you do if a gang of n00bs are beating a moderator to death?

Back