• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deanimating sprites?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2021
    I do not wish to have animated sprites. It will be too much work at the moment to animate the fakemon for my game, but I also wish to have some pokemon from the actual games in mine. Animated sprites are the only sprites I have for some of the pokemon I wish to carry over. How would I go about deanimating them?

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    That'll work, yeah, although depending on the sprites you're using (I assume Gen 5, since iirc that's what comes with EBS and presumably you're not making fakemon in Gen 6 model style) and how many canon pokémon you need you may find you can save some time for some of them by just using the sprites that come with the base Essentials v15 kit. The Gen 5 pokémon in there are the right size and are already simple static images. Of course, the Gen 4 and under pokémon are using older sprites at a smaller size (though honestly, BW just reused a bunch of DPPtHGSS sprites anyway...) and the backsprites are all either Gen 4 or are half of the Gen 5 backsprites, so you may still want to cut out backsprite frames for those if you want them all full-body Gen 5 style.

You could also just download an untouched full set of BW sprites from here, choose the pokémon you want from that download and then resize them all to the appropriate 192x192 using some art software or other (instructions for Photoshop and MS Paint are here). Like I said, though, starting from the v15 download will probably save you a bit of time, and you may or may not find it faster to resize backsprites than to just cut out frames that are already the right size. Depends on what you want to do.

Back