• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Battle : Charizard vs Greymon

wich one do you like better?

• pokemon

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • digimon

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • neither

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • bith

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    In the last Death battle episode , Mega Charizard X lost to WarGreymon because--

--Red is so weak physically that he can not take beating from a 10 year old boy.

--Pokemon are mindless beast who can't do anything without trainers order .

Your opinion ????

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was kind of wondering when someone would bring this up.

Right when I saw it, I knew who would win and I'm not even much of a fan of Digimon. Even without Tai beating up Red it was inevitable, because of the hugh power differense between the two franchises.

A minor complaint that I had during the fight was that while I enjoyed it a little bit that my most hated character in the Pokemon universe got beaten up, it still felt like a tainted victory because of that.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I'll just go ahead and add my sincere, personal opinion while I can (just because I managed to see this at the rightwrong time).

Screw Attack's Death Battles are cancerous. Yes, I can understand why they're entertaining. And even while some of them have their writing merits, the premise still serves to instigate flame wars across supporters of different fandoms. Yes, I've only watched a small sample of them, but whenever I decide to scroll around to check on comments, it's just an all-too-easy way to melt all brain cells.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahhaha, yeah, Dragon showed me this. Digimon aim to kill and have guns and slicing weapons built-in. Pokémon simply... throw effects around and give swirly eyes to each other. Anime versions of these franchises... Pokémon was simply destined to lose.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Hahhaha, yeah, Dragon showed me this. Digimon aim to kill and have guns and slicing weapons built-in. Pok?mon simply... throw effects around and give swirly eyes to each other. Anime versions of these franchises... Pok?mon was simply destined to lose.

That actually doesn't prove Digimon to be stronger ! Specially since Digimon doesn't die as they are reborn everytime so Pokemon shouldn't have to hold back.

I was kind of wondering when someone would bring this up.

Right when I saw it, I knew who would win and I'm not even much of a fan of Digimon. Even without Tai beating up Red it was inevitable, because of the hugh power differense between the two franchises.

A minor complaint that I had during the fight was that while I enjoyed it a little bit that my most hated character in the Pokemon universe got beaten up, it still felt like a tainted victory because of that.

What huge power difference !
    Pokemon has just as much as power as Digimon has however the Anime/Game are child rated and Pokemon doesn't reborn so they has to held back .
    Or else--
    Spoiler:

Also , Most fact about Gaia force being as hot as Sun or destroying city is just made up.
    "Gaia Force" only does same amount of damage as Shadow Ball and Hyper beam.
    It never shown to strong enough to destroy city or blow up mountain .

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Classic Screwattack. You already know from their name how much they love screwing characters with arguably larger fandoms in these death battles. You don't call them screw attack for nothing. Some of the older DB's did make some sense but these newer ones, yeah definitely made just to screw against larger fandoms nowadays.

I do admit, these DB's are indeed entertaining and for a season finale it really did deliver for some popcorn. For some reason i already knew that Digimon was going to win mainly since Pokemon, despite the larger fandom, is pretty much portrayed to non-hardcore pokemon fans as mindless beasts with very shallow things. Its pretty much how media outlets outside of pokemon treat Pokemon and well this is a rather worrying trend.

I'm pretty disappointed though that they didn't use the older looking Tai but i guess older Tai is not recognizable so yeah. That's among the few things I'm salty about.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
    Years
    tell those stupid fanboys that pokemon is obviously better then digimon

i saw the death battle charizard vs greymon (aka charizard vs war f***in greymon) and charizard sadly lost. but you know what im afraid of? a bunch of foolish fanboys go out say "digimon is better cuz (war f***ing)greymon killed charizard in death battle" but i have something that make all there arguments invalid with logical reason:
    reason 1 pokemons are more usefull:
    digimon=what is the use of digimons? stop thinking cuz its just killing each other
    pokemon= they are our friends- pets - co workers- life savers- vechiles - etc

reason 2 designs:
    digimon= a bunch of ugly looking and terrifying robots and monsters and humans with armor and weapon
    pokemon= such an original and unforgetable designes some ute ones(pichu - togepi - skitty - etc...) some scary ones (banette - sableye - haunter - darkrai - etc...) some cool ones (lucario - mewtwo - zoroark - etc...) some badass ones (luxray - charizard - tyranitar - hydreigon - etc...)

reason 3 there is something called "strategy":
    digimon= oh you cant beat your enemy? digivolve! still cant beat your enemy? digivolve again! your enemy is so stronger? do the same thing! (yea and it goes on forever)
    pokemon= pick your pokemon carefully by paying attention to types. level. attacks. evolutionary level. stats . etc... choose the best move to deal deadlyest possible blow. and more (and it never show you the same thing over and over again)

reason 4 it is serious:
    digimon= they are protecting world against "digital codes"!just a bunch of 0 and 1! something that even having a physical look is IMPOSSIBLE about it let alone throwing flames and weird powers or erasing or creating a UNIVERSE
    pokemon= it is already real! a world ending storm - death of prince of seas - a never ending nightmare - the wrath of god - etc...

reason 5 it IS "POSSIBLE":
    digimon= just look up
    pokemon= what is so hard about creating a genetically modified fighter with psychic powers (which is real) - creating an army robot which look like a bug and can throw signal beams?

reason 6 they are always with you:
    digimon= did you liked wizardmon/whamon/etc...? so sad this is the last episode you are going to see him/her.
    pokemon= oh your darling butterfree died?(which never happens in front of player/watcher) wait why that sableye acts just like her? was it her ghost?

if there is anything i have forgotten or if you have any counter argument just tell me

Years
    Well when it started pokemon was better since it showed tons of them from the start and viewers most of the times choose variety but after showing the protagonist ash failing in some important competitions (indigo league e.t.c) then it dropped some fans and digimon start gaining some. I think that pokemon is better in games while digimon is better as anime lost in some games except the last one which has a battle system like ffx with digimon which is very cool all the others were mediocre i think.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm a fan of both Pokemon and Digimon, but I like Digimon more than Pokemon. Let me try and counter your points with what little I know about the whole of the Digimon franchise (though my knowledge is best on the second anime season!)

reason 1 pokemons are more usefull:
    digimon=what is the use of digimons? stop thinking cuz its just killing each other
    pokemon= they are our friends- pets - co workers- life savers- vechiles - etc
    Digimon, depending on the season/game, are an extension of a human's soul. A human and their Digimon partner can be exceptionally close that they feel the same pain, the same joy, the same sorrow. People with Digimon partners can grow from having their Digimon with them because the Digimon can show the human what they're missing in their lives, or how to improve their lives. This is exceptionally true in the first two seasons of the Digimon anime.

"Partners" is the picked common word in the Digimon fandom to describe the relationship between human and Digimon. Usually, in the Pokemon fandom, I just see the Pokemon described as possessions of the human characters.

reason 2 designs:
    digimon= a bunch of ugly looking and terrifying robots and monsters and humans with armor and weapon
    pokemon= such an original and unforgetable designes some ute ones(pichu - togepi - skitty - etc...) some scary ones (banette - sableye - haunter - darkrai - etc...) some cool ones (lucario - mewtwo - zoroark - etc...) some badass ones (luxray - charizard - tyranitar - hydreigon - etc...)
    There's a wide variety of Digimon designs. The babies are squishy lumps, most of which are adorable. There are ghosts, dinosaurs, dogs, cats, humans, etc. You can't just look at the final stages of the Digimon and think that all designs are that way.

reason 3 there is something called "strategy":
    digimon= oh you cant beat your enemy? digivolve! still cant beat your enemy? digivolve again! your enemy is so stronger? do the same thing! (yea and it goes on forever)
    pokemon= pick your pokemon carefully by paying attention to types. level. attacks. evolutionary level. stats . etc... choose the best move to deal deadlyest possible blow. and more (and it never show you the same thing over and over again)
    Evolution for Digimon, especially those with human partners, can come about because of life-threatening situations. Pokemon just evolve when they get strong enough.

reason 4 it is serious:
    digimon= they are protecting world against "digital codes"!just a bunch of 0 and 1! something that even having a physical look is IMPOSSIBLE about it let alone throwing flames and weird powers or erasing or creating a UNIVERSE
    pokemon= it is already real! a world ending storm - death of prince of seas - a never ending nightmare - the wrath of god - etc...
    You do know that there was part of a season where a vampire Digimon took over an entire city and nearly killed everyone in the city. And actually did kill at least one human. And now, in the newest season that just came out in Japan, there was a massive loss of human life because Digimon were fighting in the real world. In the first movie, apartments full of innocent families were destroyed, the people inside burned to death.

Digimon actually deals with the "serious" side of having monsters around. While there is possible destruction with Pokemon, it has never dealt with people dying as a result of Pokemon being around.

reason 5 it IS "POSSIBLE":
    digimon= just look up
    pokemon= what is so hard about creating a genetically modified fighter with psychic powers (which is real) - creating an army robot which look like a bug and can throw signal beams?
    It's been stated in Digimon canon that Digimon are creatures created from computer data. Any piece of computer data that gets put in the recycling bin, is put on the Internet, or anything like that becomes a part of the Digital World.

With Pokemon, it's more fake as, according to canon, the world was created by a space goat.

reason 6 they are always with you:
    digimon= did you liked wizardmon/whamon/etc...? so sad this is the last episode you are going to see him/her.
    pokemon= oh your darling butterfree died?(which never happens in front of player/watcher) wait why that sableye acts just like her? was it her ghost?
    Digimon, except possibly those killed in the real world, are reborn. If the Digimon is partnered with a human, then the Digimon retains its memories and comes back to life in the same form as they were in before.

Pokemon just stay dead.

But yeah Digimon is a pretty bad show.
    Not really. It's a show that deals with a lot of harsh realities of life. Divorce, the death of parents and siblings, adoption, family relations, how to handle being a child with the entire fate of the world resting on you, how to get along with people you just can't stand, etc. Digimon's characters all get development and keep that development. They don't reset their personalities at the beginning of every season. When a character is brought back for sequel seasons, they keep their basic personality and any development that they've had before.

You can say that Pokemon is better in your opinion, but don't do so by bashing Digimon with falsehoods about that franchise.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , WarGreymon is pretty Overrated !
    Even in this pokemon , Most fan think Charizard can't win against WarGreymon!
    Ya , WarGreymon has powerful design but so does Mega Seizor.
    Death Battle : Charizard vs Greymon

There is no official confirmation that Gaia force is absolutely hot and capable of destroying cities.
    Honestly , Gaia force has same type description as Fire blast ! One is the High Temperature energy shot and while another is an All consuming fire that incinerate everything it touch.
    Also , I watch the battle between Piedmon and WarGreymon and that was enough for me to convince that a regular Gardevoir can take down WarGreymon with Teleport and Psychic.
    Next time , Death battle will claim Mewtwo to be weaker then BlackWarGreymon because he also need command .

sharzin

Years
    I'm a fan of both Pokemon and Digimon, but I like Digimon more than Pokemon. Let me try and counter your points with what little I know about the whole of the Digimon franchise (though my knowledge is best on the second anime season!)

Digimon, depending on the season/game, are an extension of a human's soul. A human and their Digimon partner can be exceptionally close that they feel the same pain, the same joy, the same sorrow. People with Digimon partners can grow from having their Digimon with them because the Digimon can show the human what they're missing in their lives, or how to improve their lives. This is exceptionally true in the first two seasons of the Digimon anime.

"Partners" is the picked common word in the Digimon fandom to describe the relationship between human and Digimon. Usually, in the Pokemon fandom, I just see the Pokemon described as possessions of the human characters.

There's a wide variety of Digimon designs. The babies are squishy lumps, most of which are adorable. There are ghosts, dinosaurs, dogs, cats, humans, etc. You can't just look at the final stages of the Digimon and think that all designs are that way.

Evolution for Digimon, especially those with human partners, can come about because of life-threatening situations. Pokemon just evolve when they get strong enough.

You do know that there was part of a season where a vampire Digimon took over an entire city and nearly killed everyone in the city. And actually did kill at least one human. And now, in the newest season that just came out in Japan, there was a massive loss of human life because Digimon were fighting in the real world. In the first movie, apartments full of innocent families were destroyed, the people inside burned to death.

Digimon actually deals with the "serious" side of having monsters around. While there is possible destruction with Pokemon, it has never dealt with people dying as a result of Pokemon being around.

It's been stated in Digimon canon that Digimon are creatures created from computer data. Any piece of computer data that gets put in the recycling bin, is put on the Internet, or anything like that becomes a part of the Digital World.

With Pokemon, it's more fake as, according to canon, the world was created by a space goat.

Digimon, except possibly those killed in the real world, are reborn. If the Digimon is partnered with a human, then the Digimon retains its memories and comes back to life in the same form as they were in before.

Pokemon just stay dead.
    see if i can counter argue with that

1-yes thats true but still they dont really help them in their real world by doing their works. i mean we see people use fire pokemon for baking and glass making or we use flying pokemon for reaching somewhere or we use water pokemon to cross the oceans. i hope you get what i mean

2-yes but we are comparing

3-i'm actually talking about "strategy" not "evolving" (for example how ash's charizard beat gary's blastoise or how ash's pikachu had a draw with tobias's latias)

4-cant argue with that! (but still mewtwo started a "world ending" storm)(but he stoped it himself)

5-i mean pokemons are real in their world and can be real in ours too! but digital codes are plain impossible to look like a life form which can do anything physical

6-ghost pokemons are actually souls of dead pokemons (in yamask's fact dead people)

now do YOU have any argument/counter argument

sharzin

Years
    In the last Death battle episode , Mega Charizard X lost to WarGreymon because--

--Red is so weak physically that he can not take beating from a 10 year old boy.

Your opinion ????
    let me counter them

even if thats true still he is a better strategist according to manga and his super violence but at the same time funny way of killing to throw a pokeball at the mouth of his opponent and then summon the snorlax inside that pokeball

two words : alakazam metagross

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I haven't even bothered with Death Battle since they said a hungry, four inch ball of stardust that dies to brooms could beat a planet popping psycho child with near infinite regeneration.

I mean, they were stupid before that, but after that it became clear that all they cared about was annoying people.

Makes sense that a digimon would win this, though, they're overdesigned enough that just trying to bite one would probably end up with a pokemon getting a sword gun through the jaw.

Back