• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death is upon you... Who do you call?!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • My mom. I would tell her "Mom, I love you and I'll thanks for everything. Tell Dad and my sibling I love them tooooo....."

That's it.

Years
  • I would be clever and do a conference call on my mobile to my parents, sister and my girlfriend, but is that cheating? XD

Anyway, it would be my parents and girlfriend I would speak too, because I can't just leave one or the other with no last words.​

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I remember hearing a lot of 'final phone calls' in the television coverage of September 11, eleven years ago. The one that has always stuck out in my mind was this woman who called her husband and got the answering machine, and it was a really quick message but it ended in "I'll miss you and I love you always." Then the line went dead. That has stuck with me ever since I heard it...

...so I wouldn't say anything like that. I guess anything you could say would be haunting but I would try not to say anything that would just echo in someone's mind forever. I wouldn't want to sort of torment them that way.

I think maybe I wouldn't make a call at all. When I think about it that way, it seems selfish. Selfish to share your final moments with a loved one and let them know how terrified you are and hand out frantic "I love you"s. I don't think I can bear the thought of getting one of those phone calls, so I wouldn't want to give one either.

I don't think it works that way. That one message might be stuck in your head because it is a tragic story, not because of 9/11, but because she got the answering machine. At least that's what struck me as the most sad. I think the person you would call would be grateful that they were able to have a last conversation with you. Maybe you have some confessions to make, maybe you had argued before, and I would always want to clear my heart of things like that before I die in a crash, and also give the other person the chance to. I can only imagine the terror if a parent loses their child while they still had things to tell them. By refusing to share that final moment with them you deny them closure too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd call 800-4-CHOICE. I'd want my last dying phone call to be booking a room at my favorite Quality Inn though I'd never be able to stay.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't be on the phone. It's kinda hard to make a phone call from a plane when all you have is a landline. Besides, if that fire was in the passenger compartment, I'd be going straight for the fire extinguisher. And if it wasn't I'd just be freaking out xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'd at least call my dad to say if I don't make it back alive, that I I love him and to tell my brothers the same. And if there's time tell my older brother I'm sorry for all the times I might of made him angry.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I'm gonna post it in my Facebook and Twitter yo that there's fire in the mother effin' plane yo. That way everyone in the world will know.

Back