• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note Series

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
  • Hey ya i am here to discuss about Death note series. Hope this is correct place for this thread. I read the rules. And it didn't said that we can't make thread about a anime show.

Ok guys have you watched Death note ? did you find it good ? Do you think the ending is good ? do you think the thrill is great ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I watched Death Note back in. . . 2010 maybe? and I never finished it. I got mad when someone died and just gave up, haha. Two or so years ago I read the manga entirely. I don't really remember the ending though 0_0

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I watched the whole thing a year or so ago. It was.... okay. I liked it up until
    Spoiler:
    and then after that point, everything just got really ridiculous... and I don't really remember the details of the ending, but I think I remember not liking it.

I did enjoy the first half though. Morally Ambiguous characters FTW.

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • I watched Death Note back in. . . 2010 maybe? and I never finished it. I got mad when someone died and just gave up, haha. Two or so years ago I read the manga entirely. I don't really remember the ending though 0_0

The fact that your signature gif doesn't loop really disappoints me :(

And Death Note is amazing, whether you like the ending or not. It's like a rite of passage for any anime fan. I recommend it to everyone though, anime fan or not.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A complete slap at the face for idiots who think Overpowered Protagonist are boring.
    This Anime/Manga has the most brilliant Protagonist with the most powerful Mass Murder weapon.
    Not to mention even more Brilliant Detective & rival called ''L'' .
    Yet It still one of the most Popular Series in the History.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Some nerds have been telling me every day that I need to watch it, so here I am, episode 14. I think it's alright so far. It was better until the girl showed up. ;; Although I guess it's still early to make big deciding judgements, since I've already decided I'll watch it all.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Yeah guys i agree that it sucked when L died. They should have shown L alive and Light got defeated. But anyway the starting was awesome right ?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yeah guys i agree that it sucked when ~ died. They should have shown ~ But anyway the starting was awesome right ?

Holy crap, way to spoil the series. You're lucky I finished it already. D:

I liked it up until
    Spoiler:

I don't understand why
    Spoiler:

I just really don't understand what people expected.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • But i still loved its starting. How kira plays all the game and L tries to find him out. But sadly L was died by a Shinigami not by the death note. And Light was killed by Death note of Ryuk. The ending sucks. But the starting rocked i think.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Whenever I think of anime, I think of Death Note. I loved this even before I got into anime, and this along with Soul Eater is what initially got me into anime in the first place. It's always gonna top my favorite anime list.

Sure, there's the second season, which a lot of people complain about. And I can see why. I was pretty disappointed by the direction they took with that as well, though it didn't exactly keep me from finishing up the series.

But just out of curiosity, have any of you seen the Death Note live action movies? Not only is the dub surprisingly good, but
    Spoiler:

Despite the major setback with L's death and beyond, I still regard Death Note as a masterpiece.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yeah guys i agree that it sucked when
    Spoiler:
    . They should have shown L alive and Light got defeated. But anyway the starting was awesome right ?

Consider editing the post and place spoiler tags around that. Not all anime/manga-watchers watched it already.

But yeah, I've read Death Note in 2010 I believe. I never made it past
    Spoiler:

as I started to lose interest in it.

If I'm not mistaken, the authors were planning to end it back when
    Spoiler:

but you know.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    yup I've watched all of death note :)

I think the characters of the series are really well-developed. I don't really care about how Light might be considered as too much of a perfect character, he's one of my favourite protagonists out of any anime. Watching Light and L trying to outsmart each other is pretty funny as well. honestly a lot of people say misa is annoying and I can kind of see where they're coming from, but I don't really care that much about her. oh also I still can't believe rem is actually a girl, I always thought it was a he. :(

overall it has an interesting storyline and it's an anime I enjoyed watching :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Personally, I loved every minute of it, except the end. Unlike what most people in this thread have said

Spoiler:

Desipte that one flaw though, it's still one of my favorite series :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Well actually even i haven't watched it fully. I am still in epi 3. I just know the story. Maybe yeah your right. Light was the right man.

Years
  • I found the ending pathetic , it could have been better . But i did enjoy the series overall. I kinda gave it a break after L died but then later finishing the anime. No regrets watching it :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Rem is actually a girl?!

Man, I need to revisit this series.

I think it depends on what language you watch/read it in. I was talking about this with a friend who watched (or read, can't remember) Death Note in both Russian and Italian, and she said that Rem was a girl in one and a boy in the other. edit: although I just looked at Rem's wikipedia page, and yeah, apparently Rem says she's a girl in the anime. And almost all of her VAs are girls.

Also, dang, you guys and your spoilers! Maybe not everyone who sees this thread has seen it, like me two weeks ago :X

Back