• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
Years
  • The first starting was excellent. The second... damn you, Maximum the Hormone, or whoever you are!!
    The only problem I have with Death Note is that Gevanni does this amazing counterfit in one night, puts himself up to be possibly killed by a Shinigami, tails Mikami for ages, and STILL gets a tiny little part. That's what bugs me. And then, there are people like Rester, who don't appear to ever do anything, and get a bigger part. How is that fair?
    I loved the ending of the anime. I love manga in general, but...
    Spoiler:

BB? Loved him. That novel was fantastic. Poor, poor Naomi!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    The first starting was excellent. The second... damn you, Maximum the Hormone, or whoever you are!!

I don't really mind the second opening myself, actually, I quite like Maximum the Hormone in general, although I'm a much bigger fan of Nightmare.
    I have to agree that Nightmare's "the WORLD" is definitely more fitting to the series, especially since the song's basically about reforming the world, quite obviously reflecting Light's character and his plan. xD

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
  • the openings were fine..both of em. however the second season was pretty lame compared to the first.

p.s. another note was awesome. i just finished :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    i still havent finished watching dn i watched up 2 the episode after L died. the ep after was a flashback

Years
  • The second opening and ending (the ending especially) were great, in my opinion. They convinced me to download one of Maximum The Hormone's albums, and I don't regret it.

Years
  • I love the show. =D
    I haven't watched it all {put a spoiler tag next time, luckily I already knew that} but the anime's awesome. <3

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    No clue if this will be spoiler so I'll cover it all.

Spoiler:

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • OMG, I absolutely loved this when I was reading and watching it, too bad I'm finished with both the manga and anime now, sigh :(.

(I read all 12 U.S. Manga Books, and watched the entire english dub as it aired on TV, with the exception of episodes 1-16, which I watched on DVD)

I do plan on re-watching the entire anime series via DVD once the last DVD has came out. A Friend of mine has all of the DVDs that have come out so far, so I highly doubt that she won't get DVD 9 and let me borrow all 9 *whee*)

As for re-reading the manga, I highly doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon, since my bookstore never has all 12 volumes, and as for my public library, I have a massive debt there that I won't be able to pay off anytime soon.

I guess I could borrow all 12 manga books from the same friend that I mentioned earlier, but I'd feel bad for both borrowing her anime DVD collection of Death Note as well as her entire manga collection of Death Note.

By the way, I have only seen the first live-action movie of Death Note (english dub). I have the second live-action movie (English Dub 900 MB AVI DVD RIP) on my computer, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    I haven't had a chance to watch the anime yet but the manga is very well written. I was however really upset when L died and the whole Near/Mello story arc wasn't as interesting as the L arc. I think the ending though was pretty good, even though i was rooting for Light to finish off Mello and Near

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I saw the anime a while ago... I forget what got me into it, but I checked it out and was hooked immediately. Personally, I totally side with L. I mean, this Light guy's killing people! D=
    I was shocked by Naomi Misora's death as well as L's.

Serious Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler:

I was so happy they didn't kill off Matsuda... I luvs him... XD

As for the manga, I've read books 1-5 and 13, but my local bookshop doesn't have volume six! D=
    It's such a tragedy... T-T
    xX

Back