• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    are you afraid of death?

I'm not because if you see death as something logical and the real thing that it is, its only a natural process like life itself. So why is people so scared? sooner or later it will come to you, I'm not saying it in the "emo" way, i'm saying it in the scientific way. Sure, it hurts because of the loss we suffer when love ones die but why not taking death as something common and natural instead of something horrible and scary.

I'm ready to die everyday, but that doesnt mean i stay home all day, i go out and have fun and have dreams and all that, im just not scared of death at all.

Years
  • Ooooookkkkkk...

I think a lot of people, including myself, are more afraid of the fact that they won't be able to see their friends/family/loved ones again. We grow up with them and yes, it is a fact of life, but it isn't a nice fact of life.

Also, there is such an unknown about what happens post death. Are we reincarnated? Do we go to Heaven/Hell? Do we just lie there and rot? Who knows. There are stories and myths of what happen, but no one can be sure.

Am I afraid of death? I wouldn't say I am, I am just scare of what a huge loss it brings.​

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Death is nothing but a new adventure to indulge in.

Personally, it would be pretty sweet to jump into a spiritual realm where I can haunt the living for the fun of it. :D

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I'm nervous about the path leading to that point, and the event itself. Guess I'll miss people, too. But it's not something that weighs often nor heavily on my mind. Not worried about what happens after because I have no freakin' clue.

Sert908

Hi guys :)
    Years
  • I am, because you don't know what comes after it, the most frightening thing is not knowing something you're about to experience.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I am not afraid of death because we are at risk of death everyday really, whats the point in been afraid, you should live life to the max.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I believe that death is a part of life. I'm not scared of death, but I do not want to die any time soon.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I do am scared of Death, though I used not to fear it much in the past.
    But the thing I am the most scared of is how am I going to die ?
    This I don't know but I want to die peacefully >n<

Ayselipera

I'm not afraid of death, but sometimes when I really think about it I try to imagine dying and just not going on. That for me is extremely hard to comprehend and I think I'll end up confusing everyone if I try to explain it so I'll keep it to myself! :D

I've accepted death as just another part of life. I know it's going to happen one day and there is literally nothing I can do to stop it so you just have to accept it. My dad always says, "Don't worry about things you can't control." and I think that saying goes really well with worrying about death. You con't control it so don't worry about it! Why waste moments of your life worrying about it when you can instead think about something that you can actually do something about?

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • Just because something is natural doesn't mean it isn't frightening.
    Death means saying good bye to every friend I've ever had, every member of my family, all the things I had planned to do, all my favorite things, the opportunity to learn and grow. Death is having everything you've ever owned taken away from you.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I fear death. I fear death so much that whenever I thought of what would happen after I die, I pass out. Just because its natural doesn't mean its not frightening. Death is the worse thing that would happen to everyone.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I am not in particulary scared of it, but I try to live as long as possible anyway. Because there are so many things to do in a life. And I have a dream I'd love to fullfil.
    At the moment of my death, I'd like to be sure I made my mark by (for example) mending a broken heart, helping a bunch of people well...By having done a lot of good things around me.
    Life is a battle, living means battling. Giving up means dying.
    I won't give up until my dream's fullfiled.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Death is a pretty scary thing. You know it's going to come to you, but you don't know how. Will it be painful? Will it be soon? Will you die young? Will you die with things left undone or unsaid? There's an infinite amount of possibilities regarding death, all of which can happen at anytime, and I think that's what scares a lot of people. It's a silent hunter that can pounce at any time.

But I agree that you shouldn't live in fear of death your whole life. Life is precious. You can't let death pull the strings around in your life. Because if you do, you basically already are living in death.

And I, personally, am less afraid of my own death and more concerned over the possible deaths of loved ones. :c

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Death is just something that everyone must experience anyhow, so why be afraid of it? I'd be far more afraid of living forever than knowing that some day I will die. Focusing on life will ensure that no matter what happens at death, you'll still have something that you were able to exist for. Even if souls or anything like that don't exist, you'll still exist because you did something within time - if you focus on death ("oh no! There will be a day where I won't exist!") or become pessemistic about it ("Since I'm going to die anyway, why does it matter what I do now?"), you won't have that, or at least to a lesser extent.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I thought about death once. It triggered cognitive dissonance between my rational and irrational portions of my mind. I solved it by ignoring it. Immortality is a better idea. ;D

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Death is inevitable...
    Therefore, I do admitt I am scared of what will happen when that day arrives. But until then I'll do my best to avoid it as long as I can, and enjoy the day's of being alive.

Even though death would end one's life, it would also end the stress in life but in exchange of course you loose the most precious thing's you ever had. You could say, it's like starting over in a game.

Back