• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DeBug Mode Problems

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Slowly, but surely, I will learn how to use this program. Hey, I'm off to a good start; I've almost programmed my first town!

Anyways, I'm trying to playtest my game by skipping the Intro via DeBug, but I keep getting sent straight to the intro. I try pressing F9 and I get the DeBug Console Window, which doesn't help me.

I'm wondering just what I'm doing wrong...

If you read this, thanks for your time. If you help me out, thanks for your time and effort.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    "Intro" could mean several things: the opening slideshow which includes the black "Pokémon Essentials 2011-2013 Maruno, etc." slide, the title screen, the Professor's lecture, etc.

Running the game from within RMXP will cause the slideshow and the title screen to be skipped, thus opening immediately at the Continue/New Game screen. Nothing has any effect on the Professor's lecture, which is an event that you'd need to somehow disable manually in the Intro map (said map includes an alternative "quick start" event you can use instead).

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Ah, pardon how I wasn't specific. I was talking about Oak's lecture, and that sounds like, well, "sound" advice.

Alright, I tried it out; apparently, working on this at 2:30 AM is detrimental to progress. Anyways, with a fresh night's sleep, I discovered a way to disable the "Oak's lecture intro." Thanks again for your advice and patience!

Back