• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deck Help.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I'm working on a deck right now. Its more a Yanmega Speed Deck. I would like to see if anyone could help me out with what cards should go into the deck. So far the Deck Consist of.

POKEMON:
    4x Yanmega (Supreme Victors)
    4x Shiny Yanma (Supreme Victors)
    2x Shaymin (Unleashed)
    1x Land Shaymin LV.X (Platinum)
    1x Sky Shaymin LV.X (Platinum)

T/S/S:
    2x Interviewer's Questions
    4x Expert Belt

Energy:
    16x Grass Energy
    2x Rescue Energy

So can anyone help?
    P.S.
    For anyone wondering this is what Yanmega from Supreme Victors can do.

Poke-Power.
    Once during your turn (before your attack), if Yanmega is your Active Pokémon, you may search your discard pile for a grass Energy card and attach it to Yanmega. This power can't be used if Yanmega is affected by a Special Condition.

2 Colorless -Wind Return- 20+
    You may return all Energy attached to Yanmega to your hand. If you do, this attack does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each Energy card you returned.

2 Grass 2 colorless - Speed Dive - 70

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    Id certainly get some Rare Candy in there. And some Bebe's Search.

I'm kinda out of touch with the metagame, though, so I don't have many suggestions at the moment.

Not sure he'd need the rare candy - his deck is based off of basic and stage 1 cards.

I'd just do some playtesting with your deck, there's no better advice than finding out yourself what works and what doesn't. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Broken time space is much better than rare candy for stage 1 decks, it can't get trainer locked and it stays out there whenever you need it. Definitely agree on the bebe's search though, there isn't one deck out there that doesn't run it. 4 expert belts is overkill, you only want to be using them later in the game when it means the difference between losing and winning, not early in the game where you're bound to be knocked out at least once and give up two prizes unnecessarily. I would also run an azelf from legends awakened, you're going to have those shaymin X's prized every once in a while. I'd cut down a little on the grass energy to fit in a luxury ball and some pokemon collectors as well.

Years
  • you need :

2 uxie LA
    1 uxie LvX
    1 spirtomb SF
    3 BTS
    2 bebe search
    1 luxary ball

and take out the shaymin lan Lv X

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Spiritomb from stormfront? There isn't one, so I assume you mean the one from arceus. And why would he run only one, when the point of having spiritomb is to open with it? The odds are very much against you getting it in your opening hand if you have only one in the deck, there's no consistency there. But I wouldn't run it anyway, seeing as it's typically for setting up stage 2 decks faster and these pokemon are all either basic or stage 1.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Land Shaymin is the way you're getting energy on Yanmega in the first place.

I suggest Dawn Stadium for light healing after grabbing 8 energy. Bronzong from Stormfront would grab energy better than Interviewer. Wouldn't it be great if there was anti-hand destruction?

Back