• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deep Plot or Not?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I've been asking my self "Is there a deeper plot to the Pokemon World"?
    For example, do you think that the creation of the Pokemon World means anything significant or do you think the plot is just randomly put together made just to make it seem more meaningful that it really is?
    Or do you just don't care?

Offtopic:
    Wow- this is the first thread i've ever made on PC...

Last edited:
    Years
    They're all thrown together to give the player a reason to keep playing. When they run out of Pokemon ideas and the generations stop, they'll make a deeper storyline that links everything, pretending that was their goal all along.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Umm.....I guess there probably is something important to the creation of the Pokemon world, however at the same time I dont. I am kinda half and half... I mean, I'm sure when they created Pokemon they were focused on the money, but maybe at the same time they intended the Pokemon to have a deep plot.... Though, with the amount of Pokemon and evil teams, that 'deep plot' is becoming more deeper and deeper, so much it is now barely visible. However, at the time, I think they intended Pokemon to be a game where yu are the person, you feel for the person and imagine what he is being put through (hench, silent protoganist.) So yeah, I believe Pokemon has a deep plot.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah. I think they just keep coming up with ideas to link everything but was never their original intension. It now seems as if they are trying to link Sinnoh to Johto.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Randomly put together.
    Yeah. I think they just keep coming up with ideas to link everything but was never their original intension. It now seems as if they are trying to link Sinnoh to Johto.
    Emerald and the three fouth generation games have been linked towards the Johto region.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah your right but I think emerald was only before their decision to make a remake of GSC, if they are.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Tell you the truth i believe there is a dee3p connection with everything in the anime. The say ancient markings on kyogre groudon and raquaza is the marking on aarons shirt. If you ask me somehow there is some kind of legendary group of trainers and they are all connected somehow with a certain group of legends.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also agree. If it starts making too much sense then it will be easy to predict what wil; happen next.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I have to agree aswell, there must be a deep plot, maybe a deeper one than we know and may surprise us at any time! But I would think that some of it is just randomly put together.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Not at the moment. But it won't be like they have a choice once they run dry of ideas. At that point, Nintendo will probably already be heavily affected by this economic mess and will have to drop Pokemon. :\

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Not at the moment. But it won't be like they have a choice once they run dry of ideas. At that point, Nintendo will probably already be heavily affected by this economic mess and will have to drop Pokemon. :\

Of all things to drop I doubt it would be pokemon!

Anyway, Im starting to notice that Unown may be this connection we are overlooking.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Of all things to drop I doubt it would be pokemon!

Anyway, Im starting to notice that Unown may be this connection we are overlooking.

Yeah me too. I wonder why Unown like to stick to the walls of anctient ruins? It's also weird that Unown do not like to go out to the "external world" (Pokemon world) but some do anyway... I wish the anime or games explain more about the Unown... :\

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well, maybe we will get explanations if GSDS comes out. Maybe there is a special golden Unown or something.

Years
    The whole point of the Unown is that they are Unknown. They're a complete mystery that seems to link absolutely everything. How and why, we haven't got a clue and it seems like the kind of thing the developers won't answer. Adds an excellent mystery for people to speculate and rewards those intelligent enough to try to look deeper.

As for Aaran's markings, he's anime-only, they aren't exactly the most original people in the world <_<

Anyone want to speculate on what a deeper plot could be?

Years
    I don't think the storyline really adds up to much. I get the feeling they add little bits and pieces of story that sound like there's more to them, but there really isn't. Like the Unown, or the Burned Tower, or other things like that.

It gives the illusion of meaning something, when really it doesn't come out to much.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    There is a deep connection between storylines varying from region to region. The marks on the Weather-Legendaries are connected to the symbols on Spencer's arm and Aaron's shirt. Suicune is close to Ho-Oh, and vice-versa. Lugia is connected to the Legendary Birds as the fourth. Celebi is closely related to Mew. The three beings are closely related to Arceus. The three Legendary Golems are have a resemblance to Regigigas. Kyogre is closey related to Manaphy, as the Prince of the sea, etc...

But Legendary Pokemon are a small part of the bigger picture...

Years
    There is a deep connection between storylines varying from region to region. The marks on the Weather-Legendaries are connected to the symbols on Spencer's arm and Aaron's shirt. Suicune is close to Ho-Oh, and vice-versa. Lugia is connected to the Legendary Birds as the fourth. Celebi is closely related to Mew. The three beings are closely related to Arceus. The three Legendary Golems are have a resemblance to Regigigas. Kyogre is closey related to Manaphy, as the Prince of the sea, etc...

But Legendary Pokemon are a small part of the bigger picture...

Ho-oh brought the Beasts back from the dead.
    Lugia is only actually connected to the birds via the movie, but seeing how the movie was so awesome I'll agree to that.
    Celebi isn't closely related to Mew at all.
    Arceus split itself into Dialga and Palkia (maybe Giratina, haven't played Platinum).
    The three golems were made by man to seal away Regigigas.
    Kyogre created the sea, Lugia is the guardian of the sea, Manaphy is the prince of the sea (anime-only). No real "deep" connection.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    There could be a more complicated plot to Pokemon. I guess we'll never find out.

Back