• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deep Plot or Not?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I think the pokemon world was put together into random ways, but it does havse some cool patterns too I guess... lol

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • There is obviously no deeper plot to at least the games. The games that try to implement a deeper plot fail to do so, because they make the plot really obvious and linear, anyway. (e.g. Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness; the show is actually much the same)

There are also no real story links for the games to follow, other than in Red/Blue/(Green)/Yellow & Gold/Silver/Crystal and of course, Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness, which are the only Pokemon games with direct sequels.

But overall, I don't feel there is a deeper plot to them that will, in the future, be unearthed to the fans and point towards one event that the events in the previous games in the past will have contributed to. Excluding the backstory that each Legendary Pokemon may have.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I am dedicated to find a plot within Pokemon. If there isn't a plot, so be it.

Here are some of my theories:

1. Arceus was born from nothing. The only reason to his existence was to create other Pokemon legendaries that could create another existence of life.

2. Arceus created Dialga and Palkia to create a realm (time and space) to fit the future lifeforms.

3. Arceus then created the Lake Trio so that the three of them could generate knowledge, emotion, and will for the future lifeforms.

4. Arceus created Mew to create the lifeforms in which
    can inhabit all of these existing properties.

5. Fast-forwarding a bit, MewTwo was obviously created by humans.
    However, MewTwo symbolizes the meaning to the existence of life in the
    "Pokemon Universe". If you haven't seen the first few movies
    Pokemon: Strikes Back and Pokemon: Mewtwo Returns,
    you may not understand this paragraph.

That's all I have so far...

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • I have thought about this myself a few times and I have different theories I will post a few. I am just showing hints as to a deeper plot my theories only make sense to me and when I see them in writing it doesnt make sense outside of my head lol

1. spirtomb and 108
    2. the truck in r/b/y
    3. missing no. not just a glitch?
    4. shiny pokemon
    5. as stated before, unknowns
    6. Ash's never talked about father
    7. mewtwo brings up an intresting thought however....I think it might be a symbol of humans slowly starting to forget the human/pokemon peace and are trying to harness the power of them for their own reasons and to an extent, every good and bad person does this already....Ash uses his in gyms, May and Dawn use them for contests, Brock BREEDS them (think about this one and the meaning of the word) and the evil teams for their twisted plots....So maybe the deeper plot is struggling for human/pokemon equality, right now the deeper meaning seems to be people enslaving the pokemon for personal reasons and well that is not right. If pokemon wanted to be used, why the hell do we need pokeballs? If they really wanted this they would not need to be hunted down and captured....(yes this is my most developed theory which I just observed all of this over time and now it sounds halfway logical maybe)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    7. mewtwo brings up an intresting thought however....I think it might be a symbol of humans slowly starting to forget the human/pokemon peace and are trying to harness the power of them for their own reasons and to an extent, every good and bad person does this already....Ash uses his in gyms, May and Dawn use them for contests, Brock BREEDS them (think about this one and the meaning of the word) and the evil teams for their twisted plots....So maybe the deeper plot is struggling for human/pokemon equality, right now the deeper meaning seems to be people enslaving the pokemon for personal reasons and well that is not right. If pokemon wanted to be used, why the hell do we need pokeballs? If they really wanted this they would not need to be hunted down and captured....(yes this is my most developed theory which I just observed all of this over time and now it sounds halfway logical maybe)

Pokeballs are needed to easily travel large areas. How else would you get your Magmar across the sea? Or Magikarp up a mountain? Or fly a Steelix to another city? Hell, how would you get Wailord anywhere?

It's always been my theory that pokemon spilt into several sections among their societies, some Pikachu search for food, some care for the young, some work to build nests, and some go off to become great fighters. When a trainer appears to them, they attack to see if that trainer is worthy of training them. If he or she proves worthy, then the pokemon joins them and quests to become more powerful.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I think that it started of as a scatterbrained idea, but Nintendo will probably try to "expand" it beyond the area they are in (I mean that it seems as if Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto are like in a country) They could put worldwide stuff in it. Good Thread!

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • Pokeballs are needed to easily travel large areas. How else would you get your Magmar across the sea? Or Magikarp up a mountain? Or fly a Steelix to another city? Hell, how would you get Wailord anywhere?

It's always been my theory that pokemon spilt into several sections among their societies, some Pikachu search for food, some care for the young, some work to build nests, and some go off to become great fighters. When a trainer appears to them, they attack to see if that trainer is worthy of training them. If he or she proves worthy, then the pokemon joins them and quests to become more powerful.

That is a fair point but you are focusing to much on a small part of my theory, however the master ball was created so willingly or not a pokemon you use it on has no choice in the matter. What other possible motive is there for such a device if not a lust for power? Also, my theory is simply things I put together, so maybe I am wrong but you can not say that it isn't relevent. Have you not noticed that pauls pokemon obey even thought they treat him like dirt? Here is another cynical view but Ash dumped Charizard the first chance he got even though Charizard started to obey him and Primape is the same case....I know it is a cynical view, but you can not argue with the logic in it, I am sure some will...Also this is my opinion, and you have yours and you replied in a logical manner so this is not me trying to start something I just felt like I needed to elaborate on my point. Lastly, I meant the pokeballs more symbolically, think about it, the only pokemon Ash keeps at all times is Pikachu, and he is outside of a pokeball....Those are my opinions and I would love to hear other peoples too....This is a good theard...

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I have some more theories that I thought up of last night:

1. Groudon created the mass of the world in which
    lifeforms would exist on.

2. Kyogre created water and the oceans that would be
    necessary for the lifeforms to live.

3. Rayquaza created the atmosphere so that the
    lifeforms can take a breath of life.

4. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres created the weathering that
    would take place in the atmosphere.

- Articuno created snow and ice, meant for blizzards
    and freezing moisture.

- Zapdos created thunder and lightning.

- Moltres created heat and warmth that all lifeforms
    would need.​

5. [I didn't research this but...]
    I think that when Deoxys came to the "Pokemon Universe",
    it took part at the very beginning of the evolutionary
    chain. I think Deoxys helped the evolutionary chain by forming
    the many unique kinds of Pokemon we see today.

Legendaries Yet To Include:
    Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Registeel,
    Regice, Regigigas, Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Heatran,
    Giritina, Cresselia, Manaphy, and Phione.

Last edited:
    Back