• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Deerling or Reshiram? [I remember Christmas in Unova...I was in my winter forme!]

Zekrom or Reshiram?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I like Zekrom, he's got an awesome design but I just prefere Reshiram, it's part fire too which I think is great, and I prefere the lightness.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    I like Zekrom better...but mostly because I detest the way Reshiram looks. Does it remind anyone else of a giant flying fire chicken?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Before I mentioned Zekrom was really bland, but he actually has a really cool design. n_n I still do prefer Reshiram however, which explains why I'll be getting Black.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do prefere Dragon & Electric to Dragon & Fire, which almost made me choose Zekrom, but I still prefere Reshiram's look.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Reshiram. I'm a sucker for blue eyes and he looks like the dragon from Neverending Story and is just so fluffy.

Zekrom is cool too, but Reshiram is a lot more unique in my opinion- there's no other Pokemon that looks quite like it. Whereas there are a lot of dragon/dinosaur badass Pokemon like Zekrom.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I prefer Reshiram, it looks absolutely beautiful. I originally leaned towards Reshiram when it and Zekrom were revealed, but then I noticed the tuft, which kind of turned me off to it for a while... But I've gotten used to it, and it's become one of my favorites. Besides, I even like its name better than Zekrom's XD. Reshiram just overall looks more graceful to me than Zekrom does, and I'm really liking that they finally put a dragon/fire in the games.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I like both honestly. I may be getting White, but I wish I can have both...
    Reshiram has that cool yet majestic flair to it, and Zekrom had that loner and jagged look to it. They compliment each other beautifully.
    Stat wise I like Reshiram a little more only because of its Special Attack. Other than that, nothing else.
    Design-wise, Zekrom takes the cake. It has an uber-cool design and is much more streamlined looking than Reshiram, who has so much on it I thought at first if that was a Pokemon to begin with...
    That's my two cents on this.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Zekrom's design is boring to me. Reshy looks like a cloudy dragon which is kind of awesome though.

Who cares, legendary Pokemon are trophies to me anyhow. I never use them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I highly prefer Reshiram, not that Zekrom is bad but the look of Reshiram is just more pleasing to the eye, not to mention its shiny form is even more beautiful...however I do have to agree with Corvidae, legendaries to me are merely trophies >.<

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Poor Kyurem get's no love :(? Lol joking but I think it should be discussed in this thread as it's part of the "Tao trio" :)
    I like Zekrom due to it's mechanical look plus it's part Electric and part Dragon my two favorite types in one Pokemon ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    Between those two,I choose Zekrom.As for me, he looks much nicer than Reshiram

ger345

Im just like that.
    Years
  • I in genraly like reshiram better, I mean zekroms cool, but reshirams better.
    Dragon and Fire is awsome together! Generaly, dragons breathe fire! So, reshirams more realistic looking to!

Back