• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Delayed Evolution = Boosted Experience?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
  • So my chespin has been getting boosted experience for a while now, and I noticed that it started around the time I cancelled its evolution. It seems that if you cancel an evolution, you get a boost in experience points, but I can't be sure right now, as I've yet to test this with another pokémon. Has anyone else seen this? Or is there another factor I'm forgetting?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I think it has to do with friendship. My Chespin got boosted experience around the same time his friendship level reached 3/5 hearts in Pokemon-Amie. The same thing happened to my Charmeleon as well.

I believe that next to dodging moves and scoring more critical hits, boosted experience is another perk to using Pokemon-Amie.

Years
  • It's the Exp. Share. When you turn it on it says that you get boosted exp. :P

So I assumed it was, but it isn't, sorry! I have no idea but my Eevee has all 5 affection amie hearts so it may be that?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • Hmm, I'm pretty sure I only got chespin up to two hearts so far in Amie. I think helioptile's at two now as well, and he doesn't get boosted experience. Also, I turned off the Exp. Share after one battle.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No, I'm getting boosted experience on all my pokemon and I didn't delay their evolution. (they're not traded pokemon either)

I play with them a lot in amie, so I assume that's what's causing it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Yeah, it deals with affection. Using the befriend o-power helps too.

Back