• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DELELELELEWOOOOOP ? Bug Pokémon Fan Club

Sunstruck

Insomniac Extraordinaire
Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    Alolan Flygon line needs to be Bug type or I'm quitting Pokemon.

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: The fact that they're way less gross than real bugs, to be honest. There's also so many different kind of real world bugs to base them on, making for a lot of diversity.
    Favorite bug pokémon: Swadloon, my spirit animal. I mean bug.
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter: Sewaddle

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • What's the best thing about bug pokémon: From the start of Pokémon there has been so much variety in the types of Bug Pokémon. They can range from cute (Butterfree & Combee) to very dangerous looking (Pinsir & Scyther). At the reveal of some of the new generation Bug Pokémon you see again how much variety there is.
    Favorite bug pokémon: Scizor
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Surprisingly, I forgot about some other cool Gen 1 Bug types that could end up with Alolan forms, since it probably will only be Gen 1 Pokemon who get them, Venomoth and Parasect. Both of these bugs have some great qualities that could shine with a new form. I could definitely one or both of them getting one as well since it seems the developers want to surprise us as much as possible and this would fall in line with that thinking.

Also 5th post! I'd actually like to catch a Heracross please! :D

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms?

I really would like to see Pinsir in Alola form. Despite it getting a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, I feel that it should get some more attention (just like Scyther when it got his evolution in Gen 2). And of course I would also like a Scyther/Scizor in Alola form.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Which Pokemon I'll see as an alola form?

Spinarak or Joltik :3 But I could imagine a Volbeat and Illumise! It can make these Pokemon less forgettable and maybe boost them a little.

Some new Pattern for Vivillon can wrk too. A different on each island?

butt type club (8

ops, bad typo XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What bug pokémon from older gens do you think could be fun to see with Alola forms?

I really would like to see Pinsir in Alola form. Despite it getting a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, I feel that it should get some more attention (just like Scyther when it got his evolution in Gen 2). And of course I would also like a Scyther/Scizor in Alola form.
    I wonder what a Pinsir in Alola would be like. Perhaps a Water/Bug type? It's learned to swim and catch fish between its horns (8

Surprisingly, I forgot about some other cool Gen 1 Bug types that could end up with Alolan forms, since it probably will only be Gen 1 Pokemon who get them, Venomoth and Parasect. Both of these bugs have some great qualities that could shine with a new form. I could definitely one or both of them getting one as well since it seems the developers want to surprise us as much as possible and this would fall in line with that thinking.

Also 5th post! I'd actually like to catch a Heracross please! :D
    Heracross it is!

Venomoth and Venonat could probably get some really cool forms in Alola o: I'd like to see that.

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: From the start of Pokémon there has been so much variety in the types of Bug Pokémon. They can range from cute (Butterfree & Combee) to very dangerous looking (Pinsir & Scyther). At the reveal of some of the new generation Bug Pokémon you see again how much variety there is.
    Favorite bug pokémon: Scizor
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter:
    Welcome to the club! The variety is really cool indeed, I think I've said before that it's one of my fav things about the type <3

Alolan Flygon line needs to be Bug type or I'm quitting Pokemon.

What's the best thing about bug pokémon: The fact that they're way less gross than real bugs, to be honest. There's also so many different kind of real world bugs to base them on, making for a lot of diversity.
    Favorite bug pokémon: Swadloon, my spirit animal. I mean bug.
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter: Sewaddle
    Welcome to the club :D I agree hahaha they're a lot gross than the real life thing.

Sounds like a good idea!

Also, tenth post! May I evolve my Anorith to an Armaldo?
    Evolved!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'd like to see the Bug type being paired with the Dark or Psychic type. Imagine the outcomes of those.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    What's the best thing about bug pokémon: I've learned a lot about real bugs from Bug-type Pokémon since many are based on real-life species - I've gained a much deeper appreciation for Bug Pokémon since learning about their origins and the creatures that inspired them.
    Favorite bug pokémon: Paras
    Choose an unevolved bug as your starter: Paras

Paras might just be one of my favorite Pokémon ever because of how dark and interesting the lore behind it is - the bug in itself is kind of nondescript but the mushrooms on its head are based on the cordyceps fungi that attacks and invades bugs, takes over its cognition and manipulates the bug into finding a good spot for the fungus to reproduce, then die. So Paras is actually an entire species of zombies-in-training, until it evolves into Parasect, the actual Zombie Pokémon.

I think a lot of people here probably know about its origins already, but a lot of people who aren't that into Pokémon usually aren't aware of it, so generally I don't like telling people "my favorite Pokémon is Paras" because they'd just look at me like "why would you pick this mushroom bug over everything else". :^)

Adam Levine

Years
  • Welcome, Juno! So nice that you're picking something no one else might've picked. I don't really have that strong of an opinion on Paras, but you cite really good reasons to love it!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I wnder if we'll have more bug Pokemon in the Alola region... we haven't got many, am I wrong?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    We've got Cutiefly, Charjabug and Vikavolt so far! I think I'm missing something, but yeah, we have a couple. Speaking of Cutiefly, I made this for our social media a while ago - didn't know they were real and so cute irl, haha. Appearance-wise, anyway, what they do is not so cute.
    Spoiler:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • We've got Cutiefly, Charjabug and Vikavolt so far! I think I'm missing something, but yeah, we have a couple. Speaking of Cutiefly, I made this for our social media a while ago - didn't know they were real and so cute irl, haha. Appearance-wise, anyway, what they do is not so cute.
    Spoiler:

Okay so this is really cute! Why have I never saw this in real life before XD
    We kinda saw an evolution of Cutiefly, but nothing is confirmed. I hope we'll have a little bit more bug types, and good one..
    Oh ther eis Wimpod too. He's the one I always forgot about. Pretty sure we'll all forget about it as soon as the games comes out...

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I agree, it'd be nice to have some more bugs and ones that have more of a bulky look like Escavalier. As I think about it, that Pokemon is a really cool one and deviates from the norm so I can only hope that there is another like it in Alola!

Adam Levine

Years
  • Wimpod will become Sun and Moon's Abra.

But it has lots of potential when it evolves (if it can).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Super late club revival! hi.

Sun and Moon brought so many new cool bugs omg. I'm disappointed with Golisopod's ability, heh, but Ribombee is seriously my new favorite pokémon. It's just so useful and adorable.

Did you get any new favs? (:

Back