• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delights with the Fifth-Generation thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Oh man!
    They're awesome!
    Mostly Mijumaru and Tsutaja!
    Love the protagonists...<3

And the cities, superb!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    The 3D!
    Moving Pokemon in battle appeals me.
    + Very cool guy character to start off with!
    && Tsutaja is loved.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Honestly, I like everything about it, except for the fact that we don't know if Pokémon will be able to follow you or not anymore. Other than that, I like everything about the game so far.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Definitely Tsutaja and the new dynamic animated sprites during battle. Also, the fact that all of the starters are to my liking.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Contiually animated battle sprites are a great, new asset to the new generation.
    The starters are good, but may need some getting used to.
    Hiun city it spectacular and brings a positive and anxious wait that makes me want to play as soon as possible.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    Everything.
    The moving sprites are great, and everything looks more, uh, realistic?
    But my favourite is that the pokemon look normal again (unlike gen IV) seing Zoroark made me so happy!
    He's just like the awesome pokemon of 3rd gen, (my favourite gen it had great enviroments, great pokes, great extras like the animation of kyogre, groudon and rayquaza at the end of the storyline and great characters!) maybe theyll have some varying landscape?
    (like 3rd gen XD)

Wind

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
    Im going to have to look at evo's to decide on starters. But they look really good!!!

If the water bear is going to be part ice im definetly taking it!!! If the pig's final form is all tanky that will be my 2nd option, Grass boy is alright

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Instead of writing this wall of text again, allow me to copy+paste a comment I left in Ryan's blog last week. XD

"This is coming from someone who's known to be stubborn and nitpicky as possible when it comes to any sequel in their favorite game series. I love what I've seen of B/W so far. There, I've said it.

"Zorua and Zoroark look like interesting, if a bit cliche in appearance, pokemon, what with the unconfirmed ability for zoroark to copy his opponent's stats and all.

"The starters are actually quite original conceptually. We've never seen a grass-type snake or a fire-type pig before, and even though a water-type otter has been done before Mijumaru has a completely different aesthetic than Buizel does, so it's cool. I can't wait to see what they evolve into either. I'm looking forward to seeing a Forest-themed T-Rex, a wild boar with a flaming body, and a ferocious amphibious bear. Badass.

"As for the protagonists, I love the fact that Gamefreak has officially made them older. I mean, they've been looking older every generation, and it is a little disconcerting to hear that May and Dawn are supposed to be ten. The other major implication is that the story will likely be written a lot differently than previous games, No longer are you a ten-year-old kid on an adventure just to be on an adventure. You're now going to be a teenager who was most likely summoned to adventure for some significant reason. Who knows?"

...yeah, that pretty much sums up everything I love about GenV. :P

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    B/W sounds like a car so I like that.
    hahaha thats kinda funny.
    After looking at the starters for a while, ive realised that they're not as bad as i initially thought, ive grown used to them (much quicker than it took for the sinnoh starters, blergh) and i think that tsutaja is my fave.
    it so cute!

Wind

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I'm loving that there's a city that isn't square, has tall buildings, and is huge, but that there are still routes with caves and forests. That one one of the few things I didn't like about the Colosseum series, that they didn't have routes.

Other than that, the older characters will appeal to a wider audience and hopefully it will mean a more sophisticated or involved plot. I was pleasantly surprised at the starters: they are a huge step forward from Generation IV. Also loving the new battle animation. In short, I like prettymuch everything we've seen thus far.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2019
    for once i actually like the grass starter, and i also love the moving graphics going into the mainstream games, and not being restricted to colluseum, xd, and battle revolution.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I really love the battle animation. That Raikou vs Entei/Zoroark battle is epic.

I also like the country-sort-of feel to the home town. Rather than just the generic down, but smaller, that it usually is.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's much different to all the other games, Yeah I like what I see so far, I already know who im choosing for the Starter (Fire) Pokabu I think it is, Can't wait for more Screenshots/Gameplay

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The aesthetic changes in the games are simply astonishing, I love the new battle system, it really stands out from the previous games. The way in which the sprites are no longer just static but instead they are always in motion really adds a sense of realism to battles and almost makes them seem real-time. The camera also moves with the attacks making battling so much more fast past and not so drawn out. The new battle system really draws my attention in these games and no longer will I just be rushing through battles but I feel that they will be that much more thrilling and realistic.

The graphics are also now more realistic, rather than that psuedo 3D we had in HGSS we actually have a fuly implemented 3D system. The bridges look simply amazing in some of the screenshots and I'm really digging the new OW's. It seems now that you can zoom in and out from various screenshots I've seen, some areas being up close others being zoomed out, it would be a nice feature to have. The graphics remind me of a cross between TWEWY and the Pokemon: Colleseum spin offs for the game cube and N64. It's a step in the right direction if pokemon are to contend on the DS and it's future consoles.

The depth of the Zoroark event is also pretty cool, seeing it's new ability "illusion" gives me high expectations for the other new pokemon in the game. With the dynamics we've seen of certain new ares such as the electo-magnectic caves it'll be interesting to see what pokemon they insert in the game.

Overall I'm ecstatic from what I've seen and Gen V for me, has to be my most anticipated game in a long long time.

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
    I gotta say I like the new 3-d the most and behind that I like the fully animated sprites. The only thing I don't like so far is the starter Mijumaru. It's just kind of weird looking compared to the other two.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    I love the new protagonists. They remind me of two original characters of mine, actually (interestingly enough, said characters would have been the male and female protagonists of a rom hack I'd been contemplating - called Black or White).

I like the new starters, they have grown on me - but I'm actually NOT a fan of Tsutaja. Dunno why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back