• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Demo Event & Pokemon Game Show Discussion and Information Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    So strange that they'll give it such an ability...I was sure it'll have Solar Power as it has to do with sun energy...maybe that'll be another of it's possible abilities?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I think the first move was solarbeam. I'm guessing the second was night slash, but I'm not good at telling dark type moves apart.

From what I've seen, I'm nearly certain froakie will be a flying type. His pokedex entry says he's both light and strong, he uses acrobatics in the trailer, And he has that inflatable beard thing which I'm guessing fills with air to make him float.

EDIT: whoops, sorry, you can just ignore that. I assumed that that video was going to be the first trailer again.

EDIT2: I actually watched the video this time. Chespin charged up before attacking so it must be solarbeam, right? Second attack looked just like previous wood hammer animations.

Most of the Pokémon that learn Acrobatics aren't Flying type.

Yeah ironic indeed because in battle the sun will weaken it every turn, but at least it's a useful ability for rain teams and if it gets Thunder in its moveset I could definitely see it abusing that in the rain.

It maybe has another ability as well.

Years
    So strange that they'll give it such an ability...I was sure it'll have Solar Power as it has to do with sun energy...maybe that'll be another of it's possible abilities?

If Helioptile does have a second ability I'm hoping it would be this, while it still weakens HP in sun, its special attacks would hit really hard. This was why Charizard became such a threat in the sun, its Fire attacks alone with that ability would hit for insane amounts of damage.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Have we gotten the next batch of info from this thing? I figured we would have gotten a little more info, but I haven't seen any updates on new info on day 2. I was hoping for Oorotto's typing. (No to mention Pokemon Smash had nothing, again... They could at least show Oorotto a bit more.)

Anyways, I love how it looks like Fennekin will indeed be Fire/Psy, so it is a good chance the other two typings are correct as well. However, I kinda hope they leave fighting alone. We already have 1 fighting type "frog", but I do not wish for it to be Water/Flying. Wouldn't really make much since for a frog to fly, but again this is pokemon. If a Dragonite can fly with little wings, then I guess frogs could fly as well Lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    Day 2 has been a huge disappointment :/

I will post updates tomorrow after the info is confirmed. Perhaps there is more info, but so far it seems like not much at all. Expect a measly update tomorrow.

Maybe we will get new stuff at the German demo on the 21st-25th in Europe?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I can't help but wonder what move Litleo used on Sylveon in the first video. It looked like a charging attack to me, but I'm not sure if its Take Down.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Day 2 has been a huge disappointment :/

I will post updates tomorrow after the info is confirmed. Perhaps there is more info, but so far it seems like not much at all. Expect a measly update tomorrow.

Maybe we will get new stuff at the German demo on the 21st-25th in Europe?

I didn't really expect much from today after yesterdays reveals, I'm hoping we get a little more but I'm not expecting much more until CoroCoro.

Years
    So is the demo over? Is this all we ended up getting?

Literally, not much else came up. There are more videos, although I have included some. The other videos are literally from the screenshots that were posted. The only thing we learned on Day 2 was that the image that is not in XY 3DS style, is from a video, it may or may not be a hint of a WiiU game. Second, we also learned about some additional moves that can be learned. For instance, that Froakie uses Bounce. Serebii has an updated list of each pokemon's known moveset from all of the footage so far. Just check the new pokemon section.

One great thing is that Fennekin is practically 99% confimed psychic. It learns Psybeam and Psychic..I mean, what else could it be, other than the remote, and I mean remote chance of being a fairy type.

Less than two days away from the EURO Gamescom Pokemon XY Demo Coverage!! So we might get some more info. Though, they may be using the same exact demo. Also, more english screenshots might appear.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Literally, not much else came up. There are more videos, although I have included some. The other videos are literally from the screenshots that were posted. The only thing we learned on Day 2 was that the image that is not in XY 3DS style, is from a video, it may or may not be a hint of a WiiU game. Second, we also learned about some additional moves that can be learned. For instance, that Froakie uses Bounce. Serebii has an updated list of each pokemon's known moveset from all of the footage so far. Just check the new pokemon section.

One great thing is that Fennekin is practically 99% confimed psychic. I learns Psybeam and Psychic..I mean, what else could it be, other than the remote, and I mean remote chance of being a fairy type.

Less than two days away from the EURO Gamescom Pokemon XY Demo Coverage!! So we might get some more info. Though, they may be using the same exact demo. Also, more english screenshots might appear.
    We already knew that Froakie can learn Bounce even before these demos.

Years
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I'm a little annoyed that they disabled experience and therefore levelling up in the demos. I would've loved to have seen the starter evolution, but oh well.

At least the pokemon world is really starting to look gorgeous.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Wow, I'm not sure if I want to watch the English Demo, I can just see the intro video starting and I don't want to spoil it! I'd rather wait until the release and experience it for myself. But its difficult not to watchhhh ;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    They should have put it in the e-shop, modern promotion style and not like this.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They put the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity demo Two weeks before the release so it's possible, although I do think that with it being a Mainstream Game they'll just hold it off until the official release date maybe.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    They put the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity demo Two weeks before the release so it's possible, although I do think that with it being a Mainstream Game they'll just hold it off until the official release date maybe.

I can see where your coming from, but we should keep in mind that we never had a main pokemon game on the 3ds so we never had an opportunity to even be able to have a demo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they decide to put a demo on the eShop, I'd like it if they do it before the games are released. It'd be nice for us to be able to test the water before we jump in, and it will give us a chance to become familiar with all the new features (especially the transition from 2D to 3D graphics).

Back