• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Demo's expectations

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I figured since Ash-Greninja is the term most people were familiar with, they just left it that way because it's just a demo Pokemon, from what we know. @__@ I was hoping they'd change the name, but eeeeh.

Also, I'm checkin the eShop off and on, but it'll probably hit later today.

UK is only roughly 5-6 hours ahead of most of the US and Canada, so then we're going to get it tomorrow?

I think we're getting in in about 15 hours? what do u think?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • People are thinking that the Demo may be the first two hours because it is 3100 blocks, which is doubled of both ORAS and XY demos together from what I have read.

I do not think it is the same as the 2 hours that people plays in San Fran. That was the actual first 2 hours of the game.

The Demo takes place on rocky terrain from what I saw in the Demo Trailer. That alone makes me think it is something else entirely, possibly taking place on 4th Island.

I am expecting maybe 1 or 2 new pokemon and maybe the name of the island it takes place on. Not expecting much more than that, but I have a feeling we will be able to explore more.

It is only called Ash-Greninja in words. In the game, it is just called Greninja like Megas. In the trailer, you can see that it only says Greninja in battle after it changes, at least I am pretty sure.

They are calling it Ash-Greninja because that is what it is called in the anime, tcg, shuffle, and other pokemon games/media. They are keeping the name because that is what it is called.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • If it's an actual demo where there is Pokemon, battle trainers etc I will download the demo.

If it just a bunch of Ash-Greninja related stuff I am not going to download the demo and will just wait for the game to come out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    If it's an actual demo where there is Pokemon, battle trainers etc I will download the demo.

If it just a bunch of Ash-Greninja related stuff I am not going to download the demo and will just wait for the game to come out.

I think you can battle. Did u see the 2 recent pics that were uploaded? its seen us battling Team Skull with A-G and Pikachu

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I think you can battle. Did u see the 2 recent pics that were uploaded? its seen us battling Team Skull with A-G and Pikachu

I haven't but if we can use other Pokemon I may download the demo.

I have zero desire to use Ash-Greninja (Outside of the likely forced sync evolution tutorial) so being able to use other Pokemon in the demois a big plus for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I haven't but if we can use other Pokemon I may download the demo.

I have zero desire to use Ash-Greninja (Outside of the likely forced sync evolution tutorial) so being able to use other Pokemon in the demois a big plus for me.

I think we can use Pikachu but I have a feeling we cant use any more Pokemon. But we will see

Years
  • If the demo is the same one that people from the media got to play the other day (which it is, isn't it?) then we can expect roughly about 2 hours of gameplay which is really long for a demo imo. That being said, we haven't had a new Pokemon game in almost two years now so it'll be nice to get some fresh content. As for the demo itself, I think we'll get a mini story to follow and get to try out some of the new Pokemon whilst also receiving Ash-greninja. This is sort of a theory but I think there's a possibility the demo will be set on a special island that's the separate from the main region of Alola, as to avoid too many spoilers.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If the demo is the same one that people from the media got to play the other day (which it is, isn't it?) then we can expect roughly about 2 hours of gameplay which is really long for a demo imo. That being said, we haven't had a new Pokemon game in almost two years now so it'll be nice to get some fresh content. As for the demo itself, I think we'll get a mini story to follow and get to try out some of the new Pokemon whilst also receiving Ash-greninja. This is sort of a theory but I think there's a possibility the demo will be set on a special island that's the separate from the main region of Alola, as to avoid too many spoilers.

That wasn't a demo they played. It was the actual game, they were only allowed to play two hours

Darux

Its ya boi Guzma
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    Are you hyped for the demo?

When I looked at my calendar this morning, it said today was 17th of November. Its only then then that I though "HOLY SHIT THE DEMO IS COMING OUT TOMORROW"
    oh I see, you want to keep this pg...
    So since the demo is coming out tomorrow (or probably already out when you're reading this) I want to know if you're hyped for the demo (like me) or your experiences playing it.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Think you mean October. ;)

I don't know if I'm that excited about the demo tbh. I don't care one bit for Ash-Greninja and I won't be transferring it into the full game. Other than the overhyped frog I don't know what else is in the demo so guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm more excited for the info that will come from the demo rather than being excited for me actually playing it.

Years
  • i have to work tomorrow. By the time I get back home mad info is gonna be release. ; c ;

So I won't be on the internets for that day. I am hyped to play around in the beautiful landscape.

Back