• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Deoxys is mine. Legit.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    Woo hoo time for bragging rights! I was first in line at Pokemon Rocks Atlanta!
    I haven't had that much fun in years.

The only sad part about the whole day was not being able to find someone to trade me all of the Pokemon Colluseum only Pokemon.. though I did find some really nice person that traded me some of them that he had.

Pokedex is 294 right now and will be much higher after I level up all the Pokemon I had traded to me today... proud to say it's all legit too!

I even gots a legit Jirachi. f00t!?

Too bad I wasn't ready for a tournament.. also too bad that I'm 19 and the tournament was for 18 and under only. (probably could have lied though if I was battle ready and wanted to enter)

If anyone wanted to know the rules for the tournament they held were something like this:

Any Pokemon level 5-100 were allowed, except certain legendary like Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc. Although I do rememebr that Latios and Latias were allowed, along with the legendary dogs and birds.

You could only have 3 Pokemon for the fight, and you weren't allowed to have more than 1 of the same Pokemon.

One of the stranger rules was that no Held Items were allowed.

Another strange rule was made for time saving purposes I assume. The rule was that the first person to have 1 Pokemon fainted lost. So all you had to do was faint one of their Pokemon and you win. If they hadn't had that rule they wouldn't have been able to fit the tournament into the day.
    Oh yeah one exception to that, the last two people that fought in the tournament used all of their Pokemon to the last one.

Anyway it was really great.. lots of free stuff handed out, and the whole event itself was free to enter. Only money I spent the whole day was on gas and food.

Oh yeah one word of advice to anyone going to the upcoming Pokemon Rocks America event(s), you don't have to stand in line for Deoxys. It's all just an even trick. The line led to a table with these locked boxes on it, and in the boxes were the wireless devices for sending out the Rainbow Pass. So all you have to do is walk as close to the boxes as you can get without going through the line, and then use the Mystery Gift feature. Not that I had avoid a line anyway seeing as how I was at the head of it, but I did feel sorry for those people that waited in line for so long for no reason.

Yes I do realize that I was in the front of a line for which there was no purpose.. but no one knew that at the time and it's really the principal of the matter ^.^

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    awesome..sadly pokemon rocks america doesnt go ne where near a small kentucky town =(

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    Oh yeah, and if anyone saw the 5'6ish white guy with baggy black/red pants on with too many zippers and pockets, and wearing a Sailor Moon tshirt, and had somewhat long hair, that was me. <.<

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
    Man i had my parents convinced to go to atlanta... then i was invited to do a bunch of stuff the whole weekend, so i decided not to go. Anyways, where are the events again? Dates as well please.

Years
    The Pokemon Rocks America was in Atlanta at October 9th, 2004. The next one is at Minneapolis, at October 16, and finally, there's the event at Seattle, at October 23. I hope that answers the questions you wanted, KaeL. Also, the events. The Atlanta is at the Lenox Square Outdoor Parking Lot, at the Corner of Peachtree and Lenox Roads. The next one, Minneapolis, is at Mall of America North Parking Lot, in the Corner of 24th Avenue and Lindau Lane. The third and final is at Seattle, at Seattle Center Exhibition Hall in Mercer Street near 3rd Avenue N.

I'm going to the Seattle one, so yippee!
    ~Tetris

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    No news yet about events like this outside of America yet - the UK was lucky enough to get the Eon Ticket, even if it was at a one-day event. As for Australia, I'm not sure.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    HA! By the time the Mystery Tickets come here, Diamond and Pearl will already be out in Japan, that if NoE actually decide to send the tickets over to European shores.

So... looks like I'll be waiting outside the Metro Centre for a verrry long time. XD

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    HA! By the time the Mystery Tickets come here, Diamond and Pearl will already be out in Japan, that if NoE actually decide to send the tickets over to European shores.

So... looks like I'll be waiting outside the Metro Centre for a verrry long time. XD

lol diamond and pearl will never be paired up will they?
    diamond is SO much better than pearl, diamond may be the 3rd game

more like pearl and topaz
    i reckon they should go back to basics with something like black and white

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Well Pearl and Diamond has already been confirmed for the Nintendo DS in Japan along with Pokemon Dash. But you never know when NoA might go ahead and change their names during the translations...

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    ...I want to go to Minnesota, heh. :(

Uhh, if they named the new games Black and White, Peter Molyneux might get all uppity. *grin*

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There aren't anymore "new" Pokemon games for the GBA being planned far as the RPG goes.

If you mean will I be able to play my RSFRLG games on my NDS, then yes, the GBA games can be played on the NDS.

If you mean can Pearl/Diamond be able to trade back and forth between RSFRLG..then I'm not so sure about that. The new 4th Generation of Pokemon is supposed to be on Pearl and Diamond so you wouldn't be able to trade the new Pokemon back to FRLG since their data isn't in the games. If they use a "Time Machine" like they did with GSC and RBY...then you'll be able to trade the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation Pokemon back and forth.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It all depends on Nintendo's programming, and how they intend to trade. That was the main reason RuSa couldn't time travel, because instead of trading one, then the other (like in RBYGSC), 2 Pokemon got traded at once. Whether Nintendo wants to keep compatibility to its highest standards is up to them... so we'll just have to wait and see if it becomes compatible.

Back