• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Deoxys name means...

Years
  • Deoxys name comes from the abreviation DNA which stands for: Deoxy Ribonucleic acid. Deoxy means one less oxygen molecule, maybe thats how he can shapeshift? And guess what he's a DNA clasified pokemon. infact alot of GBA games take names from the bible, science and other places and use em for pokemon names.

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
    Years
  • Cool! Once I read that most of the Dragon Ball characters were named after vegetables....in their respective japanese words, of course:)

Its cool to know what pkmn names are all about.

Salu2

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
  • Well, that wasn't new to me, although it's interesting data that Pok?mon Trainers must know, like "Arbok" that means "kobrA" and that in Spanish the endings of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are -uno (one), -dos (two) and -tres (three).

Anyway i found in the Pok?mon 2004 website their new trailer of Pok?mon 7, here's the link: https://www.pokemon2004.jp/#trailer , i put it 'cause of the title thread, first i thought of making a new one, but i decided to pu it here :P

TeamRocket

Pretty smart. Few people I know (most are dillusional AIM users *g*) know the meaning of DNA. Well done!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Ergh, I don't know what oxygen would have to do with shape-shifting. His name was obviously always the first part of deoxyribonucleic acid, especially when it says right in his pokedex "DNA POKeMON" o.o He can shape-shift as he's the DNA POKeMON so he may rearrange his DNA to change his appearance/stats/attacks.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Yes, that's why Deoxys is so unstopable.

By the way, the proper scientific full for DNA is Deoxyribose Nuecleic Acid

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Ya, that's why so many ppl thought that there were 388 Pokemon in total.

(They take RS Deoxys, FR Deoxys and LG Deoxys as separate Pokemon o_O||)

Back