• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Depressed

GalladeIceMan

Friend of Pokemon
    Years
    I'm really depressed because my parents are divorced and my grandpa just died. I'm forced to spend my so called "fun" weekends at my dad's. I really don't trust him, and it's really boring here. My three brothers just make it worse. They're so annoying that I think my head's going to explode. My depressed side keeps my mad side centered. There's nothing fun for me anymore. If anybody has any suggestions, please give me an option.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Its always going to be tough during a passing of a loved one and a divorce and its really awful how both of these things happened at once. But things will get better, Im proof of it. 3 Of my relatives died this year and it did hurt but I had to pick myself up.

And divorce can be difficult, I've been through that aswell. It does feel strange but i have learnt that the best thing you can do is talk to someone like your mother or father or maybe someone who isnt your family like a friend or teacher. They can listen and offer advice from another point of view.

I hope everything works out ok and PM me if you need to chat. ^_^

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Trust me, Pokemon battles don't help depression. Look, by the sound of it, it's not all bad. I myself have been in a very similar situation, appreciate the good things. Believe it or not, your parents and brother both love you.

Jester Girl

Heke?
    Years
    No offense, but stop moping about on the internet if your depressed. Get some fresh air, hang out with friends/family, call some one you enjoy talking to. Believe me, it helps.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I agree with Jester Girl, go enjoy yourself, thats what I did when I was depressed

Jester Girl

Heke?
    Years
    Yeah, I was like that for a month. Well, I still am, and tommorow I have plans for a party. So it's all pretty dope.

I really can't stand seeing people depressed though, and I can tell even over the internet a little. It's odd.

Forced

---------------
    Years
    the only way to get over depression is to do the things you enjoy doing.
    dont keep thinking about the bad things that have happened, your mind will only cloud with more depressing thoughts.
    the passing of loved ones can be difficult but they shouldnt be mourned over forever, life is way to short for that.
    you should remember all the great times youve had with them and realize that they are finally at peace.
    death is a very natural part of life.
    and divorce is terrible to go through, ive experienced it myself when i was 8, but later you realize its for the better.
    your parents will be happier and in the end they can give you more attention.
    and on christmas, you get more presents.
    and thats always good. :)

but as jester said, theres no point moping on a forum...

Jester Girl

Heke?
    Years
    I've never experiences the loss of a loved one or divorce, so I'm sorry that I can't relate to that.

And oh, I just like to dress mature and stuff Kero. xD

Forced

---------------
    Years
    divorce is confusing...
    i remember waking up to my mom and dad yelling one morning.
    then, a couple hours later, my dad came out of his room with a breifcase full of clothes and told me and my sister to get in the car to go help him look for a new home...
    its a really strange feeling, especially at a young age cause you really dont even know whats going on.
    your daddy/mommy is moving away and you wonder when youre gonna get to see them again.

Jester Girl

Heke?
    Years
    One time, when I was 12 or so, my dad punched my mom in the jaw pretty hard and the police came. I was so confused, I remember, and I cried all night telling my mom I didn't want dad to go and that I loved him. I believe I said I hated her and she's the one causing this.

My dad's a pretty calm dude, but when you trigger him the wrong way *BAM*. He's never hit me, my mom does that, but he can scare the living hell out of you.

Back