• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Describe your funeral

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • What do you want your funeral to be like?

Now please don't answer "I want it to be a celebration of my life where people laugh and remember me fondly, I don't want people being all sad and depressed" because at this point I just kind of assume that's what everybody feels.

What I'm asking for is destinations, dress code, food, flowers, casket, who will give speeches.

I'm essentially making a wedding planning thread but making it funerals.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well there will be me, someone to bury me, and the guy to say a few prayers. It'll take max 15 minutes.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The only requirement I need for my funeral is for them to play the Super Mario Theme during the funeral procession and then when they're lowering my casket into the ground to play the Underground Theme.

Funerals are morbid as it is. Might as well make mine fun!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My idea has pretty much been that I would get cremated with no ceremony and then in my will I can request someone to do something with my ashes idek what yet.

For the sake of the thread though I can think of what I would want if I cared.

The destination part I'm not too sure. I'm not religious so I can't see myself having it in a church. If I died during the summer I suppose it could be outside somewhere. The dress code would be formal and all black. I love black and this is really the most appropriate time to force everyone to wear it. I'd imagine a lot of lavender and lilac for flowers. I think they're the best smelling and really powerful scent wise too. Since I'm getting cremated I'd have an urn rather than a casket. I'm fine with just a solid colored one, but if I decide to get fancy I'd like it to be black with flowers drawn on it. I think it's kind of unfair to assign speeches to people for things like this so I'd list who I'd prefer and leave it up to them if they want to or not. If everyone decides they don't want to then there isn't a speech simple as that. The food is the hardest part for me. Part of me feels like it should be things I enjoy but then I won't even be there to eat it sooooo... lol I'll just save my fav foods for a wedding thread. I'd probably go for an Italian dinner that way you get a soup/salad choice from the beginning, most likely bread and oil on the tables, plenty of meatless options should I have vegetarian friends at this. I hate Italian desserts though (as I assume most people do) so I'd lean towards brownies, ice cream, cake, cookies, and baklava because it's awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    My idea has pretty much been that I would get cremated with no ceremony and then in my will I can request someone to do something with my ashes idek what yet.

For the sake of the thread though I can think of what I would want if I cared.

The destination part I'm not too sure. I'm not religious so I can't see myself having it in a church. If I died during the summer I suppose it could be outside somewhere. The dress code would be formal and all black. I love black and this is really the most appropriate time to force everyone to wear it. I'd imagine a lot of lavender and lilac for flowers. I think they're the best smelling and really powerful scent wise too. Since I'm getting cremated I'd have an urn rather than a casket. I'm fine with just a solid colored one, but if I decide to get fancy I'd like it to be black with flowers drawn on it. I think it's kind of unfair to assign speeches to people for things like this so I'd list who I'd prefer and leave it up to them if they want to or not. If everyone decides they don't want to then there isn't a speech simple as that. The food is the hardest part for me. Part of me feels like it should be things I enjoy but then I won't even be there to eat it sooooo... lol I'll just save my fav foods for a wedding thread. I'd probably go for an Italian dinner that way you get a soup/salad choice from the beginning, most likely bread and oil on the tables, plenty of meatless options should I have vegetarian friends at this. I hate Italian desserts though (as I assume most people do) so I'd lean towards brownies, ice cream, cake, cookies, and baklava because it's awesome.

Damn, how long have you been thinking about it?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • All I know is that I want a Viking funeral, yo. It would be cool to be turned into a mummy, too, tho. Or Thracian style. Some ♥♥♥♥ like that.

Years
  • I've never thought much about it, but I know what I would not want.

I don't plan to be buried or cremated (very polluting) and would prefer something like what I read about where they freeze dry a body and then shatter it into little pieces which they use to fertilize a small tree or other plant. Something like that would be what I want. As for ceremonies and stuff, no religious anything. No prayers, priests, churches. I mean, if someone there wanted to pray by themselves then whatever, no problem. I would prefer if only people I knew where there, I suppose. I'd want them not to make a big production of it so none of that dressing all in black and so on. Just, you know, dress like you care. Funerals are for the living though so I don't think I'd care too much what happened if it helped people cope or whatever.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I doubt I'd have a funeral. I hate funerals. I'd rather focus on using my life to make people happy.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • At my funeral there is going to be a closed casket and then it will be opened to reveal that I am not inside. Instead, they will turn on the ceiling fan and my lifeless body will swing around the room while the Space Jam theme song is playing in the background.

I completely stole this from some reddit post I saw awhile back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015

I am a dreamer.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I'd have my funeral in a church and invite all my family and friends. I would 100% have the song My Immortal by Evanescence played there and let anybody present speak about me. That's about it really.

Back