• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Desert Bus

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    9MJzecu.png

A simple hack with a simple premise. The objective of the game is to drive a bus from Tucson (mispelled as Tuscon), Arizona, to Las Vegas, Nevada, in real time at a maximum speed of 45 mph (72 km/h). The feat requires eight hours of continuous play to complete.

Features:
    -An introduction by the original creators of Desert Bus: Penn & Teller themselves!
    -One single custom cry
    -Custom soundtrack
    -Some edited graphics
    -Tuscon
    -Las Vegas
    -A big road
    -Sand
    -A driveable bus
    -A reward at the end
    -A completely pacifistic experience

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD:
    Click here for download!
    (The base game is Fire Red)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Damn, someone tell Joel and SimpleFlips to play this RIGHT NOW.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    You might like to know that Pikasprey played this game today as part of his Mystery Box series.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    You might like to know that Pikasprey played this game today as part of his Mystery Box series.

Yay, Pikasprey acknowledged me beside that block on twitter (pleez PIkasprey it was just the heat of the moment. I just couldn't handle your awful take. It won't happen again, pleez).

Since everyone who plays this is asking, yes, the hack is beatable. If you want proof, open the hack in Advance Map and check the scripts on the road.
    As long as you are on the actual "road" part of the road, it counts the amount of times you cross this map. After enough crosses, it warps you to the end area. If you go to the beggining, the counter resets to 0.

The reason I know it works is that I tested the hack by making the counter go every step on the road, making the process much faster.
    In the actual hack, there are just more steps between the counter, making it much much longer.

The estimated time without speedup or taking the "broken steering" mechanic into account is 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Also if you turn back just for 1 tile at an unfortunate part of the road (the part that the game acknowledges as the beggining of the road), you will immediately go back to Tuscon, resseting the counter in the process, so be careful about that broke mechanic.

No, it's not worth the effort to make it to the end, don't even try. It even less climactic as the original Desert Bus and not in a "funny haha le epic" way. If you want to spoil what happens, check the script that is at the end of the road in Advance Map.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I got salty because he said something about people suggesting him to play Clover and saying that he won't.
    The thing that got me salty is how smug and rude towards those people that tweet seemed. Otherwise, yeah it makes sense that you wouldn't play Clover, because of monetisation and stuff.

I said something along the lines of "play it and get your channel pernamently demonetised"

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Am I insane or is the title screen music Dear You?

Also, the game will bug if you open the bag. (Not that it's gamebreaking or anything.)

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Am I insane or is the title screen music Dear You?

Also, the game will bug if you open the bag. (Not that it's gamebreaking or anything.)

Yes it is that music. I don't care for Higurashi at all and neither did I watch it. I just found this music in a Super Mario World ROM hack called "Mario's Mystery Meat" and I thought it was catchy.

Also a rookie mistake from my part with the bag glitch. It happens because an NPC on the closed road has glitchy movement set to it. Didn't even know I messed that up until now. Opening the bag anywhere else but the beggining of the road should still be fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I got salty because he said something about people suggesting him to play Clover and saying that he won't.
    The thing that got me salty is how smug and rude towards those people that tweet seemed. Otherwise, yeah it makes sense that you wouldn't play Clover, because of monetisation and stuff.

I said something along the lines of "play it and get your channel pernamently demonetised"

He's actively avoiding FireRed Rocket Edition because people repeatedly told him to play it since it got finished. So that's not surprising to learn that.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • Yes it is that music. I don't care for Higurashi at all and neither did I watch it. I just found this music in a Super Mario World ROM hack called "Mario's Mystery Meat" and I thought it was catchy.

Also a rookie mistake from my part with the bag glitch. It happens because an NPC on the closed road has glitchy movement set to it. Didn't even know I messed that up until now. Opening the bag anywhere else but the beggining of the road should still be fine

I'm a big fan of the series so I recognised it immediately, though it was the last place I ever expected to hear it. Also, I'd never suggest watching the 2006 animation - it's a terrible adaptation.

Yeah, it seems to be fine so long as you aren't driving the bus in Tuscon.

Back