• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Design-a-Pokémon Contest

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • omgaaaawd aragorn ._.

Spoiler:

I'll add a sprite eventually :D

Last edited:

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Well, hello, everyone. Good morning/afternoon/evening, I hope you enjoy reading about my entry, for I did have quite fun making it.

However, since I'm not a native english speaker, I'd like to receive some feedback if everything in it is easy to understand and properly written.

Thank you for your attention.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • yin and yang

Ok. May edit and post yang, but here is yin, a Psychic/Grass Pokemon.

Spoiler:

... and Yang, a Dark/Dragon.Yes, just a recoloured darkrai, nothing special coning artwise from me.
    Spoiler:
    Judge me on Yin & Yang, cause it's a combo of Yin and yang, but read Yin and Yang first, TRUST me.

Anyway, here is the final evolution, Yin & Yang!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

NOTE: didn't make yin and yang artwork. Found on Google.
    EDIT: I made these new artworks.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • *looks at Aragornbird's entry*

Why'd the rest of us bother? Oh yeah, there's second and third places to snatch...

Nah I still think I can win ^^ It's not just about the art, he's is awesome, it's even animated!, it's the full package really =)

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Remember...The theme is to do something that no one has already done. Sure, there is not a stegosaurus pokemon, but there are many dinosaur pokemon. So do not discourage others from entering the competition.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    And it's always funnier with lots of competitors.
    Also, if he was able to do such a good job, who's to say others can't?
    If I understood correctly, this is a Get-Together, the purpose of it should be making people interact.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Some of these will be tough to beat, oh and my sprite will be horrible but eh worth a shot, done with everything besides the sprites and move sets. Good luck everybody! ;)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Berry Berry Sweet

anim_bdca1158-d10d-4b84-e98e-b55f5a6e59c2.gif

Berrysweet
    (Berry+Very Sweet)

Type:Psychic / Ice
    Evolutionary Chain: Petreat => Max Happiness =>Berrysweet
    Ability: Harvest/Cute Charm
    DW Ability: Thick Fat
    Ratio Percent Male / Ratio Percent Female: Male - 10% and Female - 90%
    Egg Group(s): Fairy Group
    Steps to Hatch: 5000
    Effort Points Given: +3 HP
    Capture Rate: 60
    Base Happiness: 200
    Growth Rate: Slow
    Wild Held Item: Enigma Berry or Leftovers
    Base Stats: HP 160/Atk 60/Def 45/SpA 85/SpD 110/Spe 45 Total: 505

Pokedex Entry:
    White: Berrysweet uses its delicious frozen icing to to tempt its foe. If an opponent eats its irresistible berries it may fall in love.
    Black: On each layer of Berrysweet's body are strawberries and blueberries, and its arms are comprised of frozen bananas.

Species: Layered-cake
    Color: Pink
    Height: 10'00"
    Weight: 500lbs

Art and Sprites:
    Petreat
    (Petite + treat)
    ryher.png

Level Up Moves:

Level 1 - Icy wind
    Level 1 - Attract
    Level 5 - Growth
    Level 9 - Confusion
    Level 12 - Powder Snow
    Level 15 - Seed Bomb
    Level 18 - Sweet Kiss
    Level 20 - Psybeam
    level 25 - Fling
    level 28- Pluck
    Level 30 - Psychic
    Level 33 - Captivate
    Level 40- Icicle Crash
    Level 46 - Psycho-boost
    Level 50 - Icebeam
    Level 53 - recover
    Level 60 - Blizzard

Egg Moves

Avalance
    Covet
    Gastro Acid
    Icebeam
    Mirror Coat
    Power Whip
    Sheer Cold
    Worry Seed

Tutor Moves:

Earthquake
    Ice Burn

Technical and Hidden Machines:

TM03 Psyshock
    TM04 Calm Mind
    TM12 Taunt
    TM13 Ice Beam
    TM14 Blizzard
    TM15 Hyper Beam
    TM16 Light Screen
    TM17 Protect
    TM19 Telekinesis
    TM20 Safeguard
    TM21 Frustration
    TM27 Return
    TM29 Psychic
    TM30 Shadow Ball
    TM33 Reflect
    TM41 Torment
    TM42 Facade
    TM45 Attract
    TM51 Ally Switch
    TM53 Energy Ball
    TM56 Fling
    TM60 Quash
    TM68 Giga Impact
    TM77 Psych Up
    TM79 Frost Breath
    TM83 Work Up
    TM88 Pluck
    TM90 Substitute
    TM92 Trick Room
    HM04 Strength

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes, remeber creatvitiy is the key. You can have an amazing, CSS and amazing sprites however, if it isn't original and just fills the requirements with no detail or extra effort then it won't receive perhaps the 'best score.' Anyway the entry period ends today so any final touches need to be implemented otherwise as soon as I post; bang, that's it no more edits please. Great work and good luck with the results remember you gotta please all the judges if you wanna win. XD;

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Just a heads up, the link to my entry in the first post doesn't link to my entry. :x

Also, what time will entries have to be locked in? It's 2 AM where I live at the moment (EST) and I was planning on finalizing it during the last day of the GT8 (Which is Monday, the 18th).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Ok. May edit and post yang, but here is yin, a Psychic/Grass Pokemon. And, yes, that is just a recoloured Cresselia....
    NOTE! If you cannot see the artworks, check attachments.

Spoiler:

... and Yang, a Dark/Dragon.Yes, just a recoloured darkrai, nothing special coning artwise from me.
    Spoiler:
    Judge me on Yin & Yang, cause it's a combo of Yin and yang, but read Yin and Yang first, TRUST me.

Anyway, here is the final evolution, Yin & Yang!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

NOTE: didn't make yin and yang artwork. Found on Google.

I am afraid I will have to disqualify your entry for now unless you can fix the following issues:

1. Either create or do not implement your own artwork of some sort. (Drawing, sketch, design, sprite.) As you cannot just choose and gtrab images from the net and use to be your pokemon. Others have either merged or cut different pokemon sprite proportions to create their uniquye pokemon because that shows creativity, skill and it isn't the originals.

I'd be happy to accept your entry if you make this change. If you do change it have fun and sorry again if this sounds harsh. Just making sure things are fair. :)

Oh and also .Aero it seems that the entry submission date closure is actually two days behind us now so i think I will close the submission entry in an hour just to be fair. :) Anyway, sorry for the mistake. :>

Oh and I plan on announcing the winners hopefully tommrow or in the next couple of days. Also, please be patient the events will be up for an extra week so no need to worry. Also if you have any queries don't be afraid to PM me and I'll try and help out.

So yeah, just ot make things clear:

The entry period will close in an hour so please make any final edits. This means entries close at 5:30pm UTC
    (Since deku will be absent I will be taking over so I need to use my time.)

Last edited:

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Just edited my entry's moveset, since you gave that deadline. Guess it ends in 15 minutes, then?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Just edited my entry's moveset, since you gave that deadline. Guess it ends in 15 minutes, then?
    Yes it does, sorry for the rush guys. I will take note of my speed in the dealine so you wont lose points. (That is to my descretion but hey, Im a nice guy right?)

Alright it's now 5:38, it has been an hour so.. ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
    I will again like I said, take into accout this sudden closure date but we are running two days behind.. anyway, good luck and fantastic work guys.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is the first time I've ever done sprites, and they're definitely not as good as some of the other ones here.
    Spoiler:

Edit: Just talked to Curious, and he said that I was able to post my entry just after the deadline.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I accept the entry because you explained your late entry and like I said, I won't be too strict since it was sudden. :3 Great entry by the way, so good work.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ehh, I think there is a problem because all of the entries listed in the first post all leads to Destiny Demon's entry. ;;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Ehh, I think there is a problem because all of the entries listed in the first post all leads to Destiny Demon's entry. ;;
    Hrm, I didn't notice that. I just went through the three pages and marked all entries no matter if finished or not. I did though give exceptions since I did close it suddenly. So yeah just skim through the pages and mark all the entries you find. :> Besides deku hasn't updated the list of entrants so that only a small proportion of all of them. :)

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Since the GT8 is being extended until Thursday, is there any chance the deadline for this event can be extended just a little bit longer? I missed the event closing last night because it was almost 3:30 AM, a time I'm normally asleep. I'm a little disappointed that I put so much effort into the pixel art and idea only to not be able to finish it because I wasn't aware when the event was going to close (I had planned to finish it today, the 18th).

Back