• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Desktops vs. Laptops

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I prefer my laptop, however I spend a majority of my time on my desktop computer. Mainly because everything I've done, graphic-wise, icon-wise, etc. is located on my desktop. Along with still running XP. It does take a while to boot its self up. I only use my laptop when I feel the need to use a bigger resolution when designing something, or I need it for school. Other than that, I don't boot it up. Dx

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I like having both, but laptops are somewhat preferable because I can lay down with them.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'm kind of more comfortable with desktop, but you can't bring them anywhere like the laptop, so I'd go with laptop .. :3

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Which do you prefer?
    I prefer laptops for portability. Although I love desktops because they don't break as easily and most of the time run better than my laptops.

Do you own both or only one?
    I have owned both.

Do you run a certain OS on laptops while you run different ones of desktops?
    I usually run Windows on all my laptops/desktops. Sometimes I use Ubuntu on my desktop.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Since I'm at college I'm always on the go, so I prefer to have a laptop. However, I do a lot of video editing and gaming so my laptop goes through a lot of wear and tear. I would love to have a desktop and a laptop, but unfortunately I don't have the extra money D:

Back