• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destiny Bond

Is it any good?

• Yes!! ^_^

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No... Sorry D:

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Meh, it's okay I guess.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    Rating: M
    Violence
    Gore
    Sexual content
    Language
    Please exercise caution and responsibility when reading this story, you have been warned. ^_^

R&R Please :D

[FONT=&quot]~Prologue~[/FONT]

A soft sadistic growl escaped my lips as crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. "You're too slow" I whispered to the pinned clefairy, flashing a fang before it dug into the small throat, cutting off the frightened squeal. "Shizuki, must you be so cruel to your prey?" A voice from behind me spoke. I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, midnight black fur covered in fresh blood. "I'm not being cruel, I'm simply having fun" I responded, digging back into the now desecrated body, the sounds of flesh ripping and small bones snapping echoed through the tunnels of Mount Cornet.

A tongue came by to lick my muzzle, making me smirk as I ate but I continued on. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?" The voice asked and I scowled, leaning up and allowing the Glaceon to daintily pick off the flesh, and yet she still managed to seem savage about it. She was too thin, her ribs poked out from beneath her light blue fur and my scowl deepened. "Lilith…" I muttered while nudging her gently and a soft purr arose in her throat. "Shizuki you worry too much" I took a step back and opened my mouth fractionally, taking in the dank air of this tunnel. Of course I worried, as gruff as I may have seemed she was my mate and I wasn't going to do anything to endanger her life or the one she carried within her womb.

My umbreon ears twitched, the glowing pulse circles on my body casting a faint glow to the darkness as I listened for the smallest of sounds. There!

I turned quickly and dashed out of the tunnel into a much larger cavern where the noise I had heard originated from. My crimson eyes narrowed in the darkness, assessing my surroundings as I searched for food. There on the floor was a Pikachu, an oddity in this terrain but who was I to question a miracle such as this? The Pikachu looked wounded as it leaned against a rock, licking a small wound on one yellow paw. Its ears perked up the moment I took a step foreword, my paw accidentally pushing a small stone across the smooth floor.

"Is anyone there?" It called out in a small quivering voice. Yes, the perfect prey. I made no sounds but the Pikachu had already spotted me, the glowing circles on my body giving me away. I continued on, and, the moment I made a move the Pikachu got on all fours, watching me with wary eyes. "Go away" It growled and I smirked, pressing forward but this time walking towards it on all fours. "No" Was my simple reply and I lunged for it. Surprisingly the Pikachu gave no fight and I realized immediately why once my fangs had snapped the neck.

The Pikachu was a scrawny little thing, no much bigger than a pichu and I growled as I felt the small pulses of electricity fade. This was hardly a meal and, with a quick decision I knew this kill was for Lilith.

I dragged the corpse back, the blood leaving an unfortunate trail to where Lilith lay, her ribs so prominent as well as the bulge in her abdomen. "Here, eat" I said gruffly, moving the food towards her. She got up and with a small smile and graciously dug into the flesh.

Lately, for no apparent reason, the food supply had begun to run dangerously low, so low where only the ruthless survived. That's where I came in. Lilith was too kind to hunt anything more than remoraid and magikarp, but I could do more and I did. I hunted everything and anything that would supply her and our baby with food, it didn't matter, it could be a defenseless little pichu, I didn't care. I loved my mate and I would do anything to keep her alive.

My eyes narrowed and I growled, turning to the opening of our tunnel to see a houndoom standing there, an even louder and vicious growl in its throat. "Food" The male snarled and opened its maw, revealing a frightening red and yellow glow that could be recognized as flamethrower. "Lilith run" I whispered to the glaceon who had taken a step back, her ears laid flat against her head and eyes widened.

The houndoom in front of me took one step forward, maw aglow with fire, reminding me that at the moment I was in the prey position with my pregnant mate, and then we ran.

Down the narrow tunnels of Mount Cornet I could feel the searing heat on my back as I ran behind Lilith, making sure she was safely in my view. The pounding of my heart was all I could hear as my paws thudded on the ground, and then, a horrible realization. The houndoom had simply been herding us.

With a quick flamethrower attack to the ceiling there was a thunderous roar and the rocks began to fall. The floor trembled beneath us as we ran, at the moment all arrogance of my skills left far behind.

By the time I had noticed the blur in the corner of my eye it was too late. Lilith was tackled by a second houndoom and before I could even register what had happened her throat was within his maw, exactly the way I had kill the clefairy from earlier. "Lilith!!" I screeched, running to her but the houndoom on our heels barked loudly and reminded me I was still prey. I turned slowly, my mind not thinking, only reacting; even then it was too late for me. A sinister red beam was aimed straight for me, and by the time I had realized what had happened, I was caught.

Damn.

~End Prologue~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I'll say from the start that the story itself is good. It just needs a clean-up in grammar.

You miss punctuating the dialogue with the necessary commas, full stops, question marks, and exclamation points. Also, you still aren't paragraphing quite correctly yet.

A soft sadistic growl escaped my lips as crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. "You're too slow" I whispered to the pinned clefairy, flashing a fang before it dug into the small throat, cutting off the frightened squeal. "Shizuki, must you be so cruel to your prey?" A voice from behind me spoke. I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, midnight black fur covered in fresh blood. "I'm not being cruel, I'm simply having fun" I responded, digging back into the now desecrated body, the sounds of flesh ripping and small bones snapping echoed through the tunnels of Mount Cornet.

Let's start with your first paragraph. Obviously, what's up there is the way it is now. So let's first change the paragraphing problem, because that's easier to explain.

You start a new paragraph when someone speaks, or when changing subjects. So, what does this mean for your first paragraph?

A soft sadistic growl escaped my lips as crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. "You're too slow" I whispered to the pinned clefairy, flashing a fang before it dug into the small throat, cutting off the frightened squeal.

"Shizuki, must you be so cruel to your prey?" A voice from behind me spoke.

I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, midnight black fur covered in fresh blood. "I'm not being cruel, I'm simply having fun" I responded, digging back into the now desecrated body, the sounds of flesh ripping and small bones snapping echoed through the tunnels of Mount Cornet.

And there we go. Lilith's speech is separated from Shizuki's speech.

Next thing is the punctuation. [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3468535&postcount=1]This post here[/url] can explain things better and more in-depth than I can. But yeah, you still need to punctuate your speech correctly.

So, again, let's fix up your opening paragraph:

A soft sadistic growl escaped my lips as crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. "You're too slow," I whispered to the pinned clefairy, flashing a fang before it dug into the small throat, cutting off the frightened squeal.

"Shizuki, must you be so cruel to your prey?" A voice from behind me spoke.

I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, midnight black fur covered in fresh blood. "I'm not being cruel, I'm simply having fun," I responded, digging back into the now desecrated body, the sounds of flesh ripping and small bones snapping echoed through the tunnels of Mount Cornet.

And that's how things are done.

Aside from fixing those problems, there's nothing more I can add. I would personally like to see a bit more emotions from Shizuki, but you got the basics there. Also, maybe just a bit more description of the surroundings, just to add to the desperate mood in the story. But really, this looks good, and you got me hooked.

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    A new chapter, R&R your thoughts please! Constructive criticism is always welcome! =]

[FONT=&quot]~Chapter 1~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Loss[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

The moment I awoke it was to darkness, something that I could appreciate as I rested, my heart thudding uncomfortably in my chest. Lilith… I thought and with a heart wrenching realization, she was gone. My life partner, my other half, had become prey. The very one I had promised to protect with my own life had fallen before my very eyes, and I had been helpless.

A cold washed over my heart, and in the relentless darkness I felt the tears attempt to spill over my eyes but I held them back. A weird sensation came over my body and in the next moment I was standing before a tanned trainer, a hand leaning down to touch my face.

"Hey there, how you feeling?" The voice queried and my response was to bite violently into the flesh.

"Don't. Come. Near. Me." I growled softly but his eyes registered confusion as he calmly bound his hand, obviously not understanding my words.

"There's no reason to fear me, I saved you," He said but with his uninjured hand pulled out two other pokemon, an aggron and an Absol. I bared my teeth and backed up, black fur bristling with hostility as the trainer unzipped his jacket to reveal a tight black shirt with a blood red R painted menacingly on the front.

The R frightened me beyond words, and as I backed up I was stopped by a wall, which made me really feel the need to make a quick examination of my surroundings.

I was in a dimly lit room with plain yet sturdy walls. The floor was made of hard packed dirt, but beyond the musty smell I caught the scent of cement, leading me to believe that the dirt was to calm a recently captured pokemon as myself. It did the complete opposite. My heart was thudding in my ears as my gaze went back to the leering pokemon, a smug air surrounding the two. The look of softness and worry was replaced on the trainer's face with a cold smirk as the only door leading out of this place opened.

"Zane, what have we here?" The falsely warm voice cooed. It belonged to a woman with long black hair and dark blue eyes, her body clad in tight leather, leaving little to the imagination. She was followed by two men in white lab coats splattered with blood, their eyes contained an interest once they spotted me, and the took a step forward, a syringe in hand which was all the weapon they seemed to need.

"I found an umbreon as you requested, but his condition isn't the best." He replied with uncaring eyes. The woman waved off his words with a dismissive hand, her eyes ravaging my body. "He'll be fine. After all, he's only a test subject," She said, and with those words the aggron moved towards me, thunderous footsteps shaking the ground.

It all didn't matter anymore, I couldn't live without Lilith, she had been the only reason and now she was gone. With one massive hand he pinned my spine, holding me there and a pleased look overcame his masked features.

"You're smart. You know there's no reason in fighting it" He said but I was no longer paying much attention. A flash of sparkling blue fur had caught my attention and as the scientist with the syringe moved to my side I saw it again.

"Lilith?!" My heart seemed to elevate, my hopes revived. Maybe, just maybe, she had survived. The scientist withdrew as suddenly I began to thrash uncontrollably, a new fire set within my soul for the answer that I craved. I stirred up the dust, making the humans in the room cough and the aggron let out a warning growl. The absol took a protective stance over his trainer, though it was so obvious that he wished to stop the fuss I was making himself.

My struggles were stopped short though as there was a loud crack and flaring of sudden pain. The woman had came over and kicked me square in the jaw, sending a shocking numb and then I realized what the numb was exactly. A small poke to my side alerted me that the needle had been embedded within my skin and the liquid administered.

"Such sweet, calming, liquid…" She spoke softly, stroking my muzzle and at the same time digging her nails into the flesh. My eyes began to droop and as the dirt settled there was the flash of blue fur once more.

"Li-Lilith" I stammered and with one weak struggle I tried to get up with no success, the aggron's grip firm on my spine. He applied pressure, warning me as my lungs began to constrict not to move. All went black and the only thing I was aware of was being picked up in metal coated arms.

Several hours later…

The moment I tried to open my eyes I quickly shut them, shielding them from the bright light above. Cool metal allowed me to know I was on a table, and heavy chains kept me still.

"Awake are we?" The voice hissed and my body stiffened in fear. Such confidence from earlier was replaced now with a massive amount of fear and a hope that I could die and I could die soon.

"I'm going to do some… changes to your body. I can make this as painless," She gently stroked my spine and despite myself I felt a small shiver of pleasure go through my body. "Or as excruciating," There was a horrendous pain as she shoved a scalpel into my paw, one that set every nerve on fire as it ripped apart through the tendons. I gritted my teeth against the pain though, as much as it hurt, I was going to hide as much of it as I could. "As possible. Now, behave and go to asleep, and when you wake up everything will be much better"

The too familiar stick of a needle made me wince, and then, finally, I was in the deepest sleep I had had in such a long time.

~End Chapter 1~

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    Chapter 2

>.< My head hurts, thinking of all these plot twists is hard!

~Chapter 2~
    Shocking Changes

By the time I had woke up I felt the shocking cold of metal and my surroundings were blurred, my sight cut off by a cloth covering my eyes. I struggled with a new found strength, but it meant nothing when faced with the new restraints.

"Ah, you're awake," The softly sadistic voice cooed, gentle nails scrapping harshly against exposed skin. "How do you feel?" She asked, and even if the question was meant to soothe I found it hostile and somewhat demanding. She removed the cloth and I squinted against the light, crimson eyes narrowing from the sudden brightness.

The world somehow seemed dull; my senses didn't seem as acute as from before. I could still smell the scent of the metal but it was much duller. When I opened my mouth to take in a deeper intake it was a shock to find that I no longer had the scent glands on the top of my mouth.

Unfamiliar black hair fell into my view and with a horror I realized that it was my own. The restraints were lifted and I practically flew from the table, my heart racing as I stumbled onto the floor and knocked down countless shelves carrying liquid. I landed flat on my backside and the biting sting of the glass brought me from my shock.

I no longer stood on all fours but two human legs, my body moonlight pale as I sat naked on the floor, frightened and so confused. I lifted unfamiliar hands to an unfamiliar face and saw that they were slender with sharp claws where the regular human nails were supposed to go. The woman with the arrogant smirk walked over to me with a mirror, smartly keeping her distance as she tossed it over. It landed at my feet and I hesitantly picked it up.

The face I saw shocked me, I had glossy midnight colored hair and, to make my appearance even more unnerving, crimson eyes that stood out against my pale skin. My old umbreon ears remained, as well as my tail, such trivial features caused me to calm though. I had five pulse circles, one on each of my upper arms and thighs, while the fifth rested proudly on my forehead.

For an immeasurable amount of time I stared at this unfamiliar reflection, unsure on what to do next.

"Are you happy?" That sickeningly sweet voice brought me crashing back to reality and the woman standing before me started to kindle the worst type of hatred within my heart.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" I screeched, reverting to basic instinct and crouching on all fours, baring sharpened canines to the woman who seemed completely unperturbed by my sudden change of mood.

"I made you better." She said and with those words uttered I sprang, snarling and aiming for her throat. This was the woman that had taken absolutely everything from me; her life would be a good payment. I had not expected her to be strong or even capable of handling herself in a fight but prevail over me she did with such frustrating ease I only thrashed under her grip more as she slammed me into the floor, pinning me underneath her.

"You have a temper don't you little umbreon?" She said while her eyes were alight with triumph. "Let…go…of me" Human speech was stunted and unfamiliar on my tongue, and only that outburst of raw emotion had made it easy to speak. Surprisingly enough she complied, easing herself off and throwing pants at me.

"Take him away to the Holding Area; it will be some time before we can let them loose." She walked off then, long black hair trailing behind her.

Two strong arms picked me up and even with the complete obviousness that this was a futile attempt I struggled. "Stop it." One ordered and squeezed violently onto the right arm, making the bone scream in protest. I gritted my teeth against the pain and as they released me to pull on my pants there it was again.

Familiar sapphire blue eyes looked at me through the grate in the ventilation system and my heart sped up. "Lilith!!" I yelled, diving for the grate where the eyes vanished, trying to lead me somewhere. Those irritating hands were back on my arms and they dragged me out of the menacing doctor room where it smelt of blood and fear.

As useless as my struggles were I still tried with a new urgency, I had seen her eyes. I looked back and there they were again, sad and worried as they had been in the past. "Lilith! Lilith!!" I yelled, trying to get to her. The door closed and before they did I saw her eyes close sadly and she vanished into the darkness. She was alive, she had to be.

I was dragged through an endless amount of hallways, ones that if I had even been paying attention I wouldn't have been able to memories the twists and turns. These halls all looked the same with their plain white walls and clean white tile. The bright lights illuminating the halls would flicker occasionally and then start up once more. I didn't see Lilith anymore as I was dragged through the halls and as thoughts of insanity began to enter my mind I was dragged before a large metal door, one that couldn't muffles the loud cries of those beyond. A few buttons were pushed and the heavy door slid open with a protest and it revealed something completely horrific as I was thrown into a plain square room with abused walls and failing lights.

My presence was to be ignored in the chaos that surrounded me as the door shut with a loud bang behind me. All around me were humans with pokemon features, the dragon types all roaring and challenging the other while a few physic were curled over on the floor in the fetal position, their glowing blue eyes streaming with tears and bodies shaking in terror as they unwillingly saw the future paved ahead of them.

Most of the dark types were silently sitting in the corner, wallowing in their self pity while the fire types sat fuming, glaring hatefully at their prison. Most of the pokemon humans were fighting or crying, but I didn't understand why they didn't just attack their way out. At the thought of attack my hand tingled with power and I smirked. I remembered this feeling so well. Hyper beam. Normally the attack came from my mouth but I guess in this new form it released from my hand. Odd, but I would have to deal with it until I returned to my normal form.

I was about to attack the door when a shockingly bold hand touched my arm in a warning gesture, a dark pulse on the tip of threatening fingers.

"If you attack the door it will throw your attack back at you." The voice spoke and I turned to see a girl a few inches shorter than myself, standing there, confident garnet eyes watching me. The medallion on her head was scuffed slightly and covered in a light layer of dirt, but not enough to hide the well kept gold. I knew the shortened feather in her hair was apart of her and I noticed that her claws were not extremely large, but they were larger than my own.

Her dark purple hair reached her shoulders, and despite the delicate poise and frailty that her body exuded I was wary. Dark types were naturally wary of others of the same type considering our strength was also our weakness. This sneasel girl could be my ally or foe.

"We've all tried." She said simply, answering the question in my eyes. I had no idea how to react to her, though through a very uncomfortable feeling within my abdomen I found myself attracted to the scantily clad girl. It must have had something to do with the human hormone because when I had been a pure umbreon I hadn't felt anything for any other female. It wasn't as if I… liked her, simply her form. It was appealing in a way that made me feel almost dirty. I shoved those confusing feelings to the back of my mind and focused purely on her face, not the rags that hardly concealed her.

"Where am I?" The girl smiled and ran a hand through what I expected soft violet hair. Damn this physical need.

"If we only knew. We call it hell, what else should it be called?" He voice was hard as she spoke and I could feel the resentment roll off her in waves.

"What am I?" I whispered softly, looking at the still unfamiliar hands. "We call ourselves pokemorphs." She responded and I couldn't help but crack a small smile. Fitting it seemed.

"I'm Shizuki" I said after a moment of silence and I eased myself onto the hard floor. The girl sat next to me and sighed, her own eyes trying to hide her own fear. I was terrified, everyone here was terrified, but we all just showed it in different ways.

"I'm Kyoko" She replied, hugging close to herself.

I had hardly heard her, my attention was brought to the faintest of scents but I caught it nonetheless. Lilith. My heart sped like it always did but that horrible image of her throat in that houndoom's jaws reminded me of my insanity theory. "Kyoko… do you believe in ghosts?" I asked her and before she could respond the door slammed open, taking everyone by surprise and catching our attention.

"Hello my children, and welcome to the Blood Games," That voice was familiar to us all and we all turned to see her standing there, eyes aglow with a menacing fire. "We're going to have so much fun."

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    YOU KILLED A PIKACHU!

Nah, I have no problem with that, and the fanfiction itself is very good. I didn't spot any grammar errors, but that was probably because I sped through most of the story.

But I will forever haunt you for killing that Pikachu...

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    YOU KILLED A PIKACHU!

Nah, I have no problem with that, and the fanfiction itself is very good. I didn't spot any grammar errors, but that was probably because I sped through most of the story.

But I will forever haunt you for killing that Pikachu...

O.o; um, if it makes you feel any better the pikachu would have suffered from starvation so Shizuki was kind of doing him a favor. Anyway, more innocents will die because of the crazy lady so have fun. I'll try and refrain from killing anymore pikachus. I will kill pichus though, I don't like them. =] Thanks for reading! *awkward pat on the back* sorry about the pikachu

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    You know I was joking...
    But go ahead, kill anything if it'll make this story better...

(HOLY CRAP that sounded creepy)

And of course, we all love romance fics where there is a creepy lady who kills everything. Hm... sounds like something I've read before...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I came in a bit late, so I'm going to review the prologue first and work my way down.

A soft sadistic growl escaped my lips as crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. "You're too slow" I whispered to the pinned clefairy, flashing a fang before it dug into the small throat, cutting off the frightened squeal. "Shizuki, must you be so cruel to your prey?"

Firstly, I don't like the way you started off the story. .

Secondly, Clefairy is a proper noun, so you must capitalize it.

Thirdly, when another character speaks, start a new paragraph.

I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, midnight black fur covered in fresh blood.

This sentence is awkward. 'I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, showing off my midnight black fur which was doused in fresh blood' would've been a better way of writing it.

"I'm not being cruel, I'm simply having fun"

There should be either a period, comma, exclamation point, or question mark once your character is done speaking.

My umbreon ears twitched, the glowing pulse circles on my body casting a faint glow to the darkness as I listened for the smallest of sounds. There!

Umbreon is a proper noun. Also, the 'There!' was completely unnecessary. .

Unfortunately, I'm stopping there due to lack of interest. . =/ It's just not an interesting story for me, I suppose. There's not enough description and there seems to be lack of character in the Umbreon and Glaceon. . Sorry.

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    I came in a bit late, so I'm going to review the prologue first and work my way down.

Firstly, I don't like the way you started off the story. .

Thirdly, when another character speaks, start a new paragraph.

This sentence is awkward. 'I lifted my muzzle from the corpse, showing off my midnight black fur which was doused in fresh blood' would've been a better way of writing it.

There should be either a period, comma, exclamation point, or question mark once your character is done speaking.

Umbreon is a proper noun. Also, the 'There!' was completely unnecessary. .

Unfortunately, I'm stopping there due to lack of interest. . =/ It's just not an interesting story for me, I suppose. There's not enough description and there seems to be lack of character in the Umbreon and Glaceon. . Sorry.

That's fine, thanks for your opinion =]

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If I may...

Not always.

There are two camps when it comes to capitalizing Pokemon names. Some people always capitalize the names of the Pokemon because they are trademarks, and all trademarked items are capitalized. Other people don't capitalize the names of the Pokemon when the names are used as improper nouns, as Rose M.M. had "clefairy" in that sentence, and capitalize the names when used as proper nouns.

So, in other words: "This is my clefairy, Clefairy."

So Rose M.M. was actually right to not capitalize "clefairy" in that instance if she didn't capitalize the Pokemon names throughout the rest of her prologue. If she didn't, then she's a member of the "don't capitalize unless proper" camp. If she did, then it's a mistake.

Just felt like mentioning that, so that way you don't tell someone they should capitalize Pokemon names if the person doesn't follow the "always capitalize" thought process.

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    ~Chapter 3~

[FONT=&quot]~Chapter 3~[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Blood Games[/FONT]

"There are only a few little rules my sweethearts, would you like to know?" She questioned while her stance remained at perfect ease. Why should she have been nervous? All the pokemorphs had fled to the other side of the room, including myself. Kyoko was holding close my arm and she was shaking almost uncontrollably. My own fear was hidden but as the woman looked the whole group of us over her eyes rested upon my own and she smirked, she could see the ultimate terror within my gaze.

"Don't fret my little babies; this is going to be a fun game. The rules are simple, so let me tell you. Only two can survive. I don't care who you partner with, if you partner with anyone at all. The Blood Games are a game of survival and cruelty, only the strongest two will make it through. Now go on to the game, but the killing can only begin once the gong is rung." Her voice was final and the door slammed shut, leaving only her smirk as our memory.

The room shook and everyone including myself was taken by surprise when the back of the room opened up and dropped us into a hole.

I landed with several others on top of me, the breath within my chest getting knocked out. As other pokemorphs scrambled to get up and flee into the surrounding forest I staid down on the floor staring up into the bowl shaped sky. The sky was lined by a huge wall, the metal steel reflecting off the setting sun. In this staggering beauty I had no one I loved to share it with…no one. So what was my purpose of getting up? Every time I caught a glimpse of Lilith she disappeared and never seemed to appear until I was gone.

"Shizuki get up!" A voice hissed and I winced as Kyoko scraped her claws against my cheek, leaving a long but shallow cut across my cheek. I growled and stood, towering over the girl and baring my fangs. "Why shouldn't I just kill you? Why do you think you're special?" Kyoko looked shocked and taken aback as the words left my mouth and in all honesty so was I. The sudden flare of resentment had come from nowhere and I had to rein my emotions in. I was frustrated and I had accidentally taken it out on her.

"I'm sorry, that was out of line." I apologized softly but Kyoko's gaze still held suspicion until they softened. "It must be a painful memory of why you're here, it is for me, I understand how you feel right now but please… if I'm going to make it out of here I'd like to make it out of here with you."

The shock on my face was evident as she spoke and she blushed while her eyes hardened defensively. "Not in a romantic sense you idiot." She growled, the blush on her cheeks charming. Maybe she could make me forget… she was here after all while Lilith remained M.I.A.

I leaned in and with a small smirk my mouth was only centimeters from her own. "It's not like romance is forbidden..." I whispered and while she trembled there it was. The blue eyes hidden within the underbrush, watching my near kiss with the most betrayed look. I immediately withdrew and shoved Kyoko out of the way, not bothering with the usual cry as I dove into the forest, following only the sound of receding footsteps.

Lilith why do you run? I thought hopelessly, stopping in a clearing and looking around. The grass was singed and in some places completely turned to ash.

"Leave now or I'll kill you." A deep voice said and I looked up to see a charizard pokemorph flying towards me with blood ready eyes, the fire of his tail blending in with the sunset of the sky. "Answer me one question and then I'll leave," I responded defiantly and the charizard landed, arm crossed against his chest but obviously ready to answer. "Did a glaceon come through here?" I questioned and the charizard's booming laughter told me the answer I needed.

"No little umbreon, a glaceon did not pass through. Now leave." I turned and went into the forest, seeing Kyoko standing there, confusion within every look. I breathed in the fresh air of the deep green forest and looked around, smiling softly. The sun danced in several places once it had found its way through the thick canopy of emerald foliage. The ground was alive with the green blades of grass that had not been touched by the previous fire attack. Though the forest was a beauty that could not be compared with any it still held secrets that would gladly rip out your heart if you happened to get in the way.

"Kyoko I'm-" She cut off my voice with a shocking speed and was in front of me in a moment, placing a sympathetic finger on my lips.

"You're right, romance isn't forbidden, but it is when you're still in love." She knew. I tried to speak and she just cut off my words with small kiss to my cheek. "If we don't find a place to hide soon then we're going to die." She led the way through the forest, sometimes stopping to admire the scenery and at others smelling for potential enemies.

"Kyoko what happened to you?" I asked her and she turned, garnet eyes turning sad but before she could answer a thunderous bang echoed throughout the enormous stadium.

"My children, you know the rules, kill or be killed. Let the Blood Games Begin!" My heart chilled at her voice, and that hatred began to grow. For the moment though she was only a disembodied voice, one that I couldn't even harm with the universal sign for 'I hate you'. My eyes narrowed as I heard growls, pokemon that had been previously hidden coming out to attack.

"Let's just hide Shizuki, you've just had the operation, there are things you need to know before you try attacking others." The power that was running chaotically through my veins alerted me to the fact that she was right, and as much as I hated to admit it, I knew I was in no condition to fight. My muscles were sore, my tendens strained at the slightest jolt, and my mind felt as heavy as a two ton brick. I needed rest. My ears twitched and my tails swished as Kyoko hid us in the thick underbrush where even the sharpest of smell couldn't find us.

The smallest flicker of blue caught my attention, but, unlike usual, I remained still with Kyoko. I had a very unnerving feeling that these sightings were just more indications that I was going insane.

~X.x.X~​

Well, that's the third chapter... I go sailing and yesterday got hit in the head with the big metal pole called the boom. I tried helping a little kid and in the process got hit instead of her. As my head is more durable I only received a small bump, a huge headache, and another idea for the next chapter! So ha! In your face you stupid pole...>.> Ah well, I hope you like this chapter, it's a little short so sorry about that.​

R&R please, and as usual, if anything negative, put it into the form of constructive criticism. <33​

(On a personal note my head is KILLING me >.<)​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If I may...

Not always.

There are two camps when it comes to capitalizing Pokemon names. Some people always capitalize the names of the Pokemon because they are trademarks, and all trademarked items are capitalized. Other people don't capitalize the names of the Pokemon when the names are used as improper nouns, as Rose M.M. had "clefairy" in that sentence, and capitalize the names when used as proper nouns.

So, in other words: "This is my clefairy, Clefairy."

So Rose M.M. was actually right to not capitalize "clefairy" in that instance if she didn't capitalize the Pokemon names throughout the rest of her prologue. If she didn't, then she's a member of the "don't capitalize unless proper" camp. If she did, then it's a mistake.

Not true as the Pokémon names are, in fact, proper nouns. Just like your name is a proper noun. Just like your screen name should be written as a proper noun. Pokémon names are always proper nouns.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Not true as the Pokémon names are, in fact, proper nouns. Just like your name is a proper noun. Just like your screen name should be written as a proper noun. Pokémon names are always proper nouns.

Um... What?

Definition of a proper noun:

A noun belonging to the class of words used as names for unique individuals, events, or places.

That being said, would you say "I whispered to the pinned Cat"? Because that's essentially what you're saying here. Basically speaking, what you're referring to right now (screen names, actual names, et cetera) are all specific objects. However, pokémon species themselves aren't because you're not referring to an individual's unique name. In other words, yes, you're named ShinjisLover (proper noun), but you're a human being (common noun). Same principle with pokémon names. Unless the names are actually the name of an individual pokémon (such as how Ash's pikachu is named Pikachu), they're common nouns simply because they're referring to nonspecific items -- essentially, groups of objects, the basic definition of a common noun. Hence, the people of the "they're common nouns, so don't capitalize them" camp call them common nouns because it's the same as saying "the cat," "the mouse," "the fairy," as opposed to "the meowth," "the pikachu," "the clefairy." Or, in even simpler terms, if you can substitute a real-world common noun into the sentence and still have it make sense without otherwise modifying it, chances are, it's also a common noun.

Meanwhile, the people who capitalize pokémon species names do so because they're trademarked, not because they proper nouns.

Sorry, Rose. Will review later.

Last edited:

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    Hospital

Alright, the story will be continued so please don't delete it. I just came back from the hospital though and that little bump and huge headache turned out to be a concusion so yeah. I'll continue to write but for a little while I need rest. >.< If I do post any more chapters they may be a little short. Sorry, and thanks.

:(

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    ~Chapter 4~

Bleh... next chapter! My head is killing me! Ah well... I hope you like it!

~Chapter 4~
    Affection

"Kyoko stop that…" I mumbled, feeling a hand slip onto my back. I shifted away from the touch, wincing as the cold stone scrapped against my exposed skin. There had been many more howls throughout the night, and only once they had calmed did we move to find a cave to hide in. Unfortunately for me this area was cramped, and as seeing that personal space was a concern of mine, the few random touches in the night pleased and unnerved me.

"Are you protesting to this?" She whispered softly into my ear, her hand clawing down my chest and into a much lower area. The touch was shockingly pleasing, sending an electrical current throughout my body that made me shiver in pleasure, but her hand ventured lower, and that's when I stopped her.

"I'm telling you no." Was my reply, though my body screamed for much more. The human body had did a funny thing to the way I registered touch now, something that of course as a pokemon, I was aware of, but now, every stroke, every brush of the wind and caress of fingertips brought me to a halt, a need to know who had touched me taking control.

My ears twitched as I heard her move in the darkness, as usual my pulse circles illuminating only enough to see outlines, and I saw her shift away from me, back now facing my direction so she looked at the wall. "Kyoko…? Are you alright?" I asked her quietly, not wanting to alert any predators of our presence. I heard an exasperated sigh leave her but other than that I received no response. "Kyoko, if I offended you…" I trailed off now, more than confused. She had been the one earlier to say romance was a forbidden fruit when one was in love with another, and yet she had so blatantly tried to seduce me just a moment ago.

When she turned her back to me I noticed something odd. Her hair had shifted to the side and revealed something that… looked like color painted in between her shoulders, something that I didn't understand. It was in the shape of a pokeball, red and white, and then there was an S that snaked around it, outlined in blue but colored in black. "Kyoko what's this?" I asked while tracing the pokeball gently with a clawed finger in utter fascination. Because of the darkness I couldn't see it completely, but from what I did see the art work was fantastic.

"Before coming here, my trainer and I… were involved. She wanted to make sure no one would ever try and take me from her, so she got this picture painted onto me. She called it a love tattoo." She explained with a sense of melancholy and wistfulness in her voice. She missed her trainer, but I didn't know how to exactly console her. So I only chuckled and turned my back to the perplexing mark. "It seemed to do a great job at protecting you."

She growled warningly, obviously the teasing of her master was forbidden.

Falling asleep was a difficult task, seeing as I was concerned every moment if the footsteps outside the small entrance was an enemy or simply food that we had to pass up. Kyoko's breathing had evened out over the night until she was completely asleep, and I watched the form, taking in the sight. She truly was a lovely creature, with such a slender build and in sleep I could appreciate her true beauty. The anger, hostility, confusion, and terror were not present as she slept, so seeing her face so utterly devoid of these familiar emotions startled me. Kyoko was… well there was no other word to describe her but as beautiful.

From the way her dark purple hair framed her face, or the way the faint light cast a small shimmer upon her lips, she was, and would remain, beautiful. I turned my back to her, unwilling to accept the possible affections for her that were beginning to grow and willed myself to sleep, a time where Lilith was quite alive.

That smell was one that sent my mind in complete survival mode, making my eyes snap open as my lips parted in a small hiss. There was a pokemorph at the very entrance of our supposed haven, and their nostrils were flaring. Kyoko was awake as well, the tension between us was practically tangible.

"Do you remember how to use hyper beam?" She asked softly and I nodded my head fractionally, my head tilted up to see the pair of amber eyes glowing as they knew we were in here and cornered. "You have to use it." She said and the moment she whispered those words the pokemorphs outside roared, indicating as I had assumed, that they were tyranitars.

The power emanated from my hand and as I moved it foreword the dim light of the cave was illuminated completely, bathing the walls in an orange red. I fired it and to my surprise felt relieved as the power released from my hand and into the narrow opening. Kyoko quickly dodged out of the cave and I followed her, hearing the roars and then feeling quite the blow to the back of my head. Kyoko only helped me up, there were no words of comfort coming from her lips as she moved, her eyes never leaving her opponent. I couldn't think of an any worse situation. Tyranitars were vicious and cruel by nature, and not to mention unfairly huge. The morning sun glinted off the green plating melded into their skin, and their eyes remained cold and hard.

They roared and my eyes narrowed as the two charged at us and then, when I thought we were dead, a green reflective shield surrounded us and deflected their attacks. Kyoko immediately relaxed, seeing as nothing ever got through protect. The tyranitar pokemorphs circled us, their eyes glinting and occasionally they would attack, testing to see if it would hold. Protect had always been one of my strongest moves, and even in this new body that protested every movement and rejected all the food I tried to swallow, it accepted with great relief the old moves.

"Can you lower it on command?" She asked me and I gave her a quick nod while my eyes remained switching frantically between the two pokemorphs circling us, knowing that even if protect surrounded us there was a chance my body may fail. "Good… the on the count of three." She whispered and began to count down. This was not a convenient spot or time to be battling. "One," So early in the morning whatever Kyoko was planning it would probably be loud, waking and drawing the attention of others near. "Two," Also the terrain was rough and the battle was already tiring me out, protect was slowly draining my energy, so even if we did win and kill the two, we, or I, may not have the ability to flee the scene in enough time. "Three!" She cried and I dropped the shields.

The tyranitars charged, mouths gaping open, one coming for me, the second for Kyoko. Kyoko let loose an ice beam, one whose power shocked me and hit the tyranitar in the face, shooting through the other side and making the pokemorph fall to the floor, a mess of brains and blood oozing from the neat hole. I had no time to marvel over her kill because suddenly I was bowled over, teeth at my neck and I struggled, feeling the wind completely knocked out of me as the rough dirt scrapped my back.

The complete instinct to survive overtook my body and I roared viciously, matching the tyranitar with its own ferocity as I kicked violently at the plated stomach, keeping those deadly teeth away from my throat. An ice beam was shot and it hit right in between the ribs, making the tyranitar on me fall to the side in shock, its body convulsing violently. I got up and brushed myself off, my breathing labored but I managed to wheeze out my next words. "Thank you Kyoko." I muttered, breathing hard and leaning over on my knees. Kyoko was staring past me and she just shook her head. "It wasn't me. It was her." He pointed behind me and I turned to see a young woman with sparkling blue hair that reached to her breasts and oh so familiar sapphire eyes. Her body was thin, but held an amazing beauty to it that stole my breath. Her skin held a light blue tinge to it, and her glaceon ears almost blended in with her perfect hair. Her glaceon tail swished and still she said nothing.

"Lilith…?" I stammered out, going towards her but the moment I stepped forward she moved back and shook her head. My life, my love… I glanced down and to my joy saw the small bulge still prominent on her stomach. "You're here, you're really…" Familiar fingers wrapped around my arm and I glanced back to see Kyoko holding me there, her eyes worried.

"It's probably a trap Shizuki, don't do it." She said with a soft pleading voice and I couldn't help but laugh.

"That's my mate Kyoko, she wouldn't-" I turned back to her and found my words cut off, seeing that she was no longer there, only the settling leaves of the bushes allowing me to know she had truly been there. "Lilith?!" I called out frantically, the thought of losing her a second time… no. I couldn't do it.

"Shizuki we have to leave now." She hissed and dragged me away, making me aware once more of my surroundings. The clearing was a mess, boulders cracked, trees bent and burned where my hyper beam had forced its way through. Loud roars and rumblings were becoming more prominent and unfortunately they were coming from the way Lilith had run. I couldn't go that way, even though my heart screamed profanities at my logic for following the be damned sneasel.

~End Chapter 4~

Meh… there we go. I finally finished that chapter… No one knows if that's Lilith or not, even I don't and I'm the one writing the thing so yeah. Kyoko needs more to her, I know, so does Shizuki, but at the moment my inspiration hasn't been much. I'm having major writers block. If anyone can give me any good suggestions to cure said block please P.M me. Thanks for reading, as always, please, anything negative, put it into constructive criticism.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, the story will be continued so please don't delete it. I just came back from the hospital though and that little bump and huge headache turned out to be a concusion so yeah. I'll continue to write but for a little while I need rest. >.< If I do post any more chapters they may be a little short. Sorry, and thanks.

:(
    :P

I don't close stories just because it's been a while since they were posted in. You can take all the time that you need to recover and to write the next chapter. You have until the end of time to post your next chapter without getting in trouble.

And I had no idea you were already on chapter four. XD; I have obviously fallen behind reading this story, but I can say that it looks like there was an improvement between the beginning chapter that I read, and your new one. I'll get around to catching up on your story someday. =P

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Okay, due to 1) excessive laziness, and 2) forgetting, I'm just now about to prove to you three (I say three because 1) Astinus, 2) Xanthine, and 3) Rose M.M) that Pokémon, along with their names, are proper nouns. Just see here.

Rose M.M

The cake was a lie! D:
    Years
    Okay, due to 1) excessive laziness, and 2) forgetting, I'm just now about to prove to you three (I say three because 1) Astinus, 2) Xanthine, and 3) Rose M.M) that Pokémon, along with their names, are proper nouns. Just see here.
    I understand that you may think that but no. If I were to type:

The Crocodile swam up the river.

That would be improper because yes, crocodile is an animal, a species, but it is not a specific proper noun. >.> Now please stop with this. If you don't like the way I use the words then you are in no way obligated to read my story, alright? Now please stop with this, it's giving me a headache. Thanks! Mehhh...

Back