• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Detention?

Detention?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I forgot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Detention was only introduced at my school at the beginning of this term. It's really made me appreciate the days I could arrive twenty minutes late for class and the worst punishment would be my teachers telling me they expected better. If you're late for school in the morning or after break now, however, you have to serve half an hour of detention. I haven't got it yet, but I have been late a couple of times since the new system was introduced. Because I'm a cripple now, my teachers have let me get away with a lot of stuff and I got to skip three would-be detentions because of that. Breaking my foot is the best thing that's ever happened to me. But hey, the future looks bleak so I'll probably end up paying for my sins one day.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I've gotten two really early this year. If I get another one this year I get suspended. XD;; (gotta be careful haha)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I can't remember ever getting detention. I got in trouble once or twice, sure...but I was good boy apparently :3

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
    I've had 3 detentions for chatting, messing about in class and not doing my homework. To be frank, they were half hours and it wasn't that serious.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I've received five detentions over for years, but none of then were received in the past two. But I've had countless lunch time and recess detentions.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Nope, I had no detentions in my life. I always try to be the best person I can be.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
    well

Well, through out my stay in seccondary school, I've had lots of detentions.
    Not for just homework, but for fighting also. Not just with pupils, but
    with the teachers too.

I kinda have this anger problem, however it takes long for me to burst.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    100+

I'm not sure how; you'd've thought by number 30 they'd've given up on the idea.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    This year alone I've had about five. One or zero for every other year.

All from the same teacher.

I think that goes to show you that it's the teacher that's got a problem with me, not me that's got a problem with my behaviour...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I've had a single detention this year and it was because my father kept getting me up for school too late, but now that I drive myself, I'm out of the house by 7:15 and at school by 7:30. :D

But Freshman and Sophomore years, I had about 12 detentions total together. XD; Last year, I had no detentions.

kittychaos

Pika Pika
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    My school doesn`t do it. They are too lazy to give dententions so we have the cards right now.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    No. I've never seen one given, either. I know plenty of kids that have gotten ISS (in school-suspension, which is above detention), but I've never really done anything...
    Forgetting homework isn't something teachers can punish us for except for putting a zero in the gradebook, which isn't good anyways, because sometimes that can have a longer effect than getting a detention for it...

Years
    My old private school didn't introduce detention until the year before I left, and I never got one. I think only one person ever got it, and it was a teacher's son who had to stay later anyways.

I wouldn't have gone had they tried to give me detention. I would've walked out to the car and just left. If you miss detention you get expelled, I didn't like the school, and my parents were getting fed up with it as well, so.. I could've cared less about the "consequences." Whoo homeschooling.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I haven't once when I was in school. I just got one time out for teasing someone, by giving them a Dominoe's flyer because their name was Dominic. o_O

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I never have a detention in my life before...our school doesn't do that to us=P

Back