• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I remember MSN messenger so well. I always used it to chat with a friend and it even had interactive games you could play with others. I miss it so much.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Anyone with a buggy Skype install - I would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling it using the installer on Skype again.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I used Skype for Desktop even when I had 8 - it was better as it didn't use the stupid Metro interface that gummed up my start menu and keys and hid my taskbar which had a bunch of important things on it. When I get my new PC it's most definitely having 7, as much as 8 is reminiscent of 3.1 to me. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    MSN was excellent, but it's only the smilies that I wasn't too fond of, haha. Loved how you were able to customize your name and such with Plus, install scripts, etc; it was all very fun.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I barely used MSN -- back in the day I used lol AIM and ICQ :x man I'm old :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have AIM, but rarely use it. :( Definitely would have if ut were more popular; right now, I have about 30 people in my contacts, which is… not a lot.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I used to use AIM for offline contacts and MSN for online ones. Eventually all my friends stopped using AIM though, and so MSN was my only IM client until it got killed and replaced with Skype. I really don't like Skype for IMing, but it's really the best option, and the standard one that most people on PC use, so I've gotten used to it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I used to use MSN a lot (Messenger Plus! <3). When the Skype thing happened, I didn't take to it well. I wasn't active on it for a long while and I didn't bring over my entire contact list.

But now I use it because that's what people use.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I forgot how using Messenger was like. Then again, I rarely used Messenger in the first place.

Years
  • The MSN -> Skype merger kinda benefited me anyways. All of the people I had in my MSN Messenger contacts were also in my Skype contacts as well, so it was just a good excuse for me to not have to open two IM clients just to be able to speak to the same people across either platform.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I used MSN only once to coordinate a song table reversal I did as a favor for an Emerald ROM hack of a friend of mine. He didn't keep my commit, but it was fun nonetheless. I tried doing that same Sappy trick on my own hack, but it's not working as expected… something's going wrong. :P

I think there was one other person I tried to add on MSN but I couldn't or something… Skype's a lot easier IMO; it's pretty much the only place I talk to Geoff and more importantly Khilia. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I didn't mind MSN, although I do miss being able to have custom emoticons, something Skype doesn't offer.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about MSN having the ability to create custom emoticons. Now that you mention it, I do remember making a few of those.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I noticed on IRC that you were on your Surface. What happened this time? :(

I hosed the OS and am getting the laptop reimaged at the service centre as the recovery partition turned out to be useless. It's on the house.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's awful news to hear, Twigs. Hopefully you get things fixed soon! Remember kiddies, never fix what's not broken. :P

Also, Netflix & Youtube & all those apps on XBOX (360 and One) now no longer require gold subscription. Rejoice! I don't need to pay for a subscription just to watch movies anymore :D [link]

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That's awful news to hear, Twigs. Hopefully you get things fixed soon! Remember kiddies, never fix what's not broken. :P

Remind me to never try to tinker with things you're not supposed to mess with. I feel strange knowing that I'll be getting separate recovery media in addition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back