• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It's unfortunate though because I'd prefer to have traditional earbuds like the ones pictured above. I tried Apple's Earpods but those weren't comfortable in my ears at all. I don't think Apple sells replacement earbuds (with microphone) either. Those are good earbuds...until the speakers on them blow like the past three pairs of Apple earbuds I've owned.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I have the Sennheiser CX200 ear buds. They sound amazing and can usually be picked up for less than $20 if you can find them on sell. I've even washed and dried them a couple of times and they still work great.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never bought earbuds; all the ones I have came with my phones. :] Kind of surprising how they still work, though, considering that I got these phones years ago.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Earbuds sometimes have a damaging effect to my hearing temporarily, so I made a full switch to headphones a few months ago, and headphones really are so much better.

Years
  • I've been using headphones lately as well, but it becomes a problem when I want to use them in bed before I go to sleep :P

I prefer headphones over open speakers anyways lmao

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • What's FM Radio? xD

I got two pairs of Apple earphones, and they are so eargaaaaaaasmic. <33 Used to have headphones, they were awesome but after a while they get too uncomfortable.

Years
  • If there's a pair of headphones I recommend for at-home usage (not on-the-go!), it'd be the AudioTechnica ATH-M30 headphones. I've had a pair of these since Christmas last year and the sound on them is just simply amazing.

Zet

Years
  • At the moment I'm using DT880 Pro over-ear headphones. I forgot which ohm version is, and the sound is outstanding from anything I've used before.

Years
  • So this morning I changed my router's security from WEP to WPA2-PSK, after convincing my parents over text that WEP was outdated with many flaws. It's just a mere coincidence that I decided to do it on the day that Nintendo shut off their Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers for the DS and Wii.

Now if only I could get a free router upgrade from Verizon that allows for IPv6 usage and has the 802.11n standard...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • So this morning I changed my router's security from WEP to WPA2-PSK, after convincing my parents over text that WEP was outdated with many flaws. It's just a mere coincidence that I decided to do it on the day that Nintendo shut off their Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers for the DS and Wii.

Now if only I could get a free router upgrade from Verizon that allows for IPv6 usage and has the 802.11n standard...

It's definitely not the end of DS-based Wi-Fi trading, what with the ability to change your DNS servers in the settings. I imagine a fan community may take Nintendo's relinquished position, possibly.

It saddens me that Verizon holds back simple but important things like that for an "upgrade". I'm also bemused by the fact that they hold this implied notion of it somehow costing them more time or money to implement when their network's been set up to handle things like IPv6 and 802.11n for a good while and likely indifferently to what 'plan' you're using. Also, speaking of corporate conglomerates and their stranglehold on the markets, I remembered a few days ago I retweeted something from Econ Digest that AT&T bought DirecTV for 48.5 billion dollars. I never liked them to begin with. :<

Here it is from USA Today.

By the way Zach, how much are you paying for that plan, if you don't mind me asking? I hope it's not too much considering that.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Last time I checked, Wi-Fi routers are something you can buy yourself. Also, the latest Wi-Fi standard is 802.11ac. They should not be tied to any plans.

Years
  • Verizon is far different from other ISPs though. The modem/router is in one unit, and branded with their name. The specific model we have at my house is a Westell Ultraline Series3 9100EM.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Doesn't matter. Combination third-party modem/router models exist, too. What connection method do you use, ADSL, cable, fibre optic, or something else entirely? (ADSL combination modem/routers are easiest to find.)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I would hate that so much myself. I really prefer the modems from Comcast and Time Warner Cable like this that kind of hold that four-wheels-and-a-seat philosophy of function, so I may use my own router that I can invest into well and get good use out of.

I've always preferred ethernet over wi-fi wherever possible (even with laptops), mainly because it's faster as with wireless packets sometimes have to be resent as they get lost, especially if your wireless router is broadcasting at a similar frequency as a neighbor's.

Years
  • Doesn't matter. Combination third-party modem/router models exist, too. What connection method do you use, ADSL, cable, fibre optic, or something else entirely? (ADSL combination modem/routers are easiest to find.)
    Fiber optic. It's actually in the terms of service of my ISP that standalone 3rd-party equipment cannot be used on anything set up. If I wanted to use a different router, it'd have to be connected through their equipment first. The only exception though is with TV service, where you could order a cable card and use that with a TiVo or some other set-top box. You can't even have standalone TV service (clear QAM only), without having to order a set-top box with Verizon.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hehe, then I won't really be able to help you, then.

Guess I really needed more sleep :P

I'm thinking of going full SSD sometime soon...

Hehe, then I won't really be able to help you, then.

Guess I really needed more sleep :P

I'm thinking of going full SSD sometime soon...

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Fiber optic. It's actually in the terms of service of my ISP that standalone 3rd-party equipment cannot be used on anything set up. If I wanted to use a different router, it'd have to be connected through their equipment first. The only exception though is with TV service, where you could order a cable card and use that with a TiVo or some other set-top box. You can't even have standalone TV service (clear QAM only), without having to order a set-top box with Verizon.

I want to puke at the grotesque amount of locks and restrictions on that service!
    And people wonder why I hate this country…

My new PC is going to boot from an SSD with a 3TBer for storage. :3

Years
  • To be honest, the lack of being able to use my own equipment isn't really bothersome to me. The service is all that matters, and so far it's been very well reliable for me. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back