• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It's unfortunate that I wasn't able to install the AOSP browser at all on my tablet when I upgraded to KitKat. :/ I really enjoyed using the AOSP browser more than Chrome because it had more customization to it and zooming was much smoother, and of course to add the cherry on top: it had Flash player capability as well.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm not too bit on flash player... I rarely find myself using it at all even on my home pc. I am on 4.3 jelly bean right now and I couldn't get aosp right. Hnnggg.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Adobe Flash Player and Flash media can certainly run well enough on mobile devices these days. It's a shame it's unsupported on every single mobile platform these days except for Windows RT.

Years
There are some services that I use/watch though that still only have Flash content available, and I certainly do wish I could be able to watch them on-the-go with my tablet.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
There are some services that I use/watch though that still only have Flash content available, and I certainly do wish I could be able to watch them on-the-go with my tablet.

You might want to try searching for an app for most of them.

Though, I suspect there might be some that aren't covered under Windows Phone, though.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Adobe Flash Player and Flash media can certainly run well enough on mobile devices these days. It's a shame it's unsupported on every single mobile platform these days except for Windows RT.

Its only supported by Windows RT on sites Microsoft allows, which turns out not to be much, my parents always try to do something and it dosent work. HTML5 is useless if your not using a top 100 website.
There are still work arounds like Puffin, an Dolphin extension, Firefox.

Years
I've heard of Microsoft's blacklist of flash content for Windows RT.. but I've never really understood the need for one either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
On my phone and tablet, I always use Opera Mini. It's lightweight, runs pretty smoothly, has a simplistic interface, and doesn't consume much data at all. Sometimes, I also use Chrome. Never tried AOSP, though (haven't even heard of it until now, haha). Is it any good?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Its only supported by Windows RT on sites Microsoft allows, which turns out not to be much, my parents always try to do something and it dosent work. HTML5 is useless if your not using a top 100 website.
There are still work arounds like Puffin, an Dolphin extension, Firefox.

They flipped last March and it is now a blacklist instead of a whitelist. Most sites should work out of the box with regard to flash content.

I've heard of Microsoft's blacklist of flash content for Windows RT.. but I've never really understood the need for one either.

It shouldn't concern the average user.

Years
I'm not sure if this is still true or not, but now my mother is considering buying me an iPad Air. Surely I already have a Nexus 7, but it'd be interesting to see me with two tablets.

My brother has two tablets though: an iPad Air, and an HP Touchpad, which he rooted to have Android on it instead of WebOS. He got his when HP put the tablet up for sale at $99 USD and everyone was out to buy one, when HP pulled the plug on their support of the device.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hehe, the HP TouchPad fire sale. Makes you wonder how big of a loss it was.

(I just realized my phone knows what I'm going to type when I hit the "T" key right after I complete the word "HP".)

It might be a good idea to ask if the money spent towards the iPad Air could go somewhere else :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Why does she want to get you an iPad Air? Lol, talk about wasting her money. :P

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Why does she want to get you an iPad Air? Lol, talk about wasting her money. :P

The display on the iPad air is pretty nice. iOS 7 is the main reason to get it though. What's android? :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The display on the iPad air is pretty nice. iOS 7 is the main reason to get it though. What's android? :P

But he already has a tablet. If she wants to get him a laptop replacement, a Surface PRO 2 would be much better.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The price that goes to an iPad Air could go towards a nice Windows laptop if you trade in an old laptop if you wish to do exactly that. ;)

Apple gadgets are expensive for the most part.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Noo I'm just sayin'. He shouldn't have to go for an iPad. xD But as Mac mentioned above, the Surface Pro 2 is also a great alternative.

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
Years
Zach, about the laptop, why don't you look at a Google Chromebook? I've considered buying one in the past, but I got an HP laptop instead :3. See what you think about it.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Noo I'm just sayin'. He shouldn't have to go for an iPad. xD But as Mac mentioned above, the Surface Pro 2 is also a great alternative.

Zach might want to weight power versus portability, and sometimes, a normal laptop for the same price as a Surface Pro 2 might be even nicer if you know where to look. :)

Zach, about the laptop, why don't you look at a Google Chromebook? I've considered buying one in the past, but I got an HP laptop instead :3. See what you think about it.

Unless you're absolutely sure you can get by with just a web browser and nothing else, stay far, far away from Chromebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back