• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developing on Mac OS X?

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Now that I have a Mac, the only real way to make games like everyone else is to boot into Windows via Boot Camp. Surely, there has to be a way to make games on a Mac. I've looked into Cocoa a bit, but it seems a little too..... complicated. Is there some sort of game making software/SDK for Mac?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hmm, I'm not sure of anything that would be simple like the RPG Maker series. I know engines you can download like "Torque Game Engine" and the "Unity Game Engine" work fine on a Mac, but they would be for serious game making. You would need to know C++

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, I know C++. We're working with Allegro at school, so I know I could use that, but it'd be so time consuming. Hmmm.... I thought those engines were all commercial engines. Anything free?

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
    Years
    Well, Game Maker is still being developed to work on Mac. I also heard that there's gonna be a C++ port or something like that about Game Maker.

Back