• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Device battery usage

Years
  • New food for thought!

How low do you often let your devices' batteries go before you decide to charge them? Do you have a set schedule for when you charge your device, or maybe you wait for them to die before you charge them?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Whenever possible. I keep my things charged if I can, and I have an external USB charger just in case.

Years
  • "Oh look, it's getting low, I should charge it soon."
    "Oh whoops, it's dead, I should charge it now."

Okay, to be fair that's not all the time, but I do tend to wait until a device gets rather low and/or dead before I actually plug it in. Though if I know that I'm going to be away and there's a certain thing I want to use, then I'll probably charge it up the night before regardless of battery left just so I can go the longest time I can while away without being hassled to plug it in.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • For my iPad, usually until about 30 to 50%. It depends on if I'm going to use my iPad. I often forget to charge it at times too. With my phone, I usually charge it when it reaches around 60 to 70% or so though. The reason is because I use my phone a lot more. So, the battery tends to die faster when I'm on Twitter and Instagram.

I've been quite forgetful about charging lately. Just this morning, I discovered my iPad was half dead. >< I used to charge them before going to bed every night. Now, I think I'm getting more lazy about it and everything. XD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I usually charge mine when my phone reaches about 10-15%. Right when I start getting the "Low battery" message lol. But there are times when I get time in-between classes and I charge it up from as high as 40-50% to somewhere close to 80%.

I've heard that for maintaining your battery life in the best condition possible for the longest time, it is better to let it stay between 40-80% whenever possible. But I find myself charging it from 10-100% more often lol. Usually charge it at night just before I go to sleep. Dislike charging it overnight so I charge it till whenever I'm up. Then resume the rest in the morn.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Normally whenever the battery goes down to 15-10% I charge it but if I know I'll be going out for a long time I'll charge to fully regardless of percentage to be safe.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I charge my cell phone every night. As for my 3DS, I do it when my power indicator light turns red. Where as when it comes to my iPod Touch, I recharge it when it gets down to 20% left. Now for my Xbox One controller with rechargeable battery pack, it is when my Xbox One alerts me that the battery pack is low.

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
    Years
  • I usually charge my iPhone when it gets to 15%, but a full charge can last me an entire day. I always wake up with 100% battery life on my iPhone. When it comes to my New 3DS XL, I wait until the Power indicator light turns orange. I have my laptop plugged in most of the time, and my tablet is usually only used for reading so I don't need to charge it very often.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    All this charging talk makes me think that our battery tech seems to have gotten mostly stuck. It's kind of like it's not going anywhere, unlike pretty much everything else.

If only smartphone batteries lasted weeks with moderate use instead of hours...

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    For my blackberry, I just let it drop to 10% or below then prompt to charging it. As my laptop, I keep charging despite no more juice is given

Bay

Years
  • Normally whenever the battery goes down to 15-10% I charge it but if I know I'll be going out for a long time I'll charge to fully regardless of percentage to be safe.

Same here, though sometimes I'll charge when it's around the 20-30% range.

For my 3DS, I mostly have it plugged, but sometimes I take it with me somewhere else and then when I come back I immediately let it charge no matter how much battery I had used.

Back