• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

devkitpro?

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    I just heard about it and I want to know IF it's possible to use it to hack a rom or rather transfer the game contents over to a new project?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I just heard about it and I want to know IF it's possible to use it to hack a rom or rather transfer the game contents over to a new project?
    Is it possible to use it to hack a ROM? Yes. A lot of C injections for binary hacking make use of devkitPro, such as the DPE or the CFRU.
    That's binary hacking territory though, and this section of the forum is for the Decomps & Disassemblies.

Can you use it to transfer over the contents of a ROM to a decomp project?
    I mean, I think not, but I could be wrong as I don't know enough about the nature and usages of devkitPro.
    Some people I know seem to prefer to write Python scripts to dump contents out of a ROM to reuse them inside decomp based projects.

Back