• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diablo 3: What did I miss?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Okay so I haven't played many Blizzard games, I tried WoW out once and it was alright. I managed to get to level ~60 before quitting. Outlands was cool. And now with the recent release of Diablo 3 and the very much apparent hype around the game, I wanna try it out. I watched some gameplay videos and it looks really cool. Same interface as WoW but I'm assuming much more plot-orientated and not(?) online.

But, as with any series of games, I get really turned off from playing it if it isn't from the very start. And after seeing how Blizzard advertises it, I'm pretty sure Diablo is a trilogy. But I'm willing to wait for the price to come down a bit and buy it. But first I need to know what the hell I missed in Diablo 1 and 2, so that I'm not entirely lost playing it.

That's where you come in! Prease exprain.

Spiderz

old hat
    Years
  • diablo 3 is an online game, you always have a latency when your playing.... even on your own, your playing on a blizzard server anytime you login, your latency is displayed near your energy or mana bar at all times, so unfortunately unlike D2 you cannot just get a bunch of computers together like the good old days, you need an internet connection ......although it uses a fantastic drop-in-drop-out social system and a cross character shared loot stash, so when your not playing with your friend and his at work, you play your other character and you can still spend your gold on the online auction house later that night when his home and your playing your main file with him

considering the online player auction house is immense, it basically means you can buy fantastic equipment for your specific role for a bargain price, eliminating the old diablo sense of "hunting" for those rare replacement pieces, it focuses on steaming rolling tons of whack looking monster for hours while periodically selling off and salvaging items, than every quest or so, window shopping at the AH like a boss, because who doesn't like spending money? BOSSSSSS. its looks and sounds great, loads of fun.

if you havnt played the original diablo 2 i'd recommend finding a friend who is willing to play it with you on a VPN, get drunk and slay some demons.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    The interface is fairly different from WoW... it's more of a hack n slash RPG. The main appeal of Diablo is how easy it is to play/get into.

Back