• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dial up or highspeed internet?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Had dial-up until I was 10. I never used the Internet then, but my dad still downloaded grand amounts of information. We have High-speed (goes up to 120MBit down and 11MBit up) and we got a good 1.37 share ratio and about 1.6TB of info from one site.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have the lowest available speed Verizon DSL. I really want to upgrade to the 3Mbps plan in the near future, but at least what I have now is better than dialup. I dealt with that until my second year of college - I could never go back now.

Years
    We had dial-up until 2 years ago. Oh, the pain I felt whever I read that my connection whas 4.8Kb/s... (and yes, you read that right. 4.8Kb/s was sometimes the best connection I could get)

My parents signed up for 3G highspeed from Alltel, and I'm thoroughly happy with it. Since we live right near a Verizon tower, and since the companies merged, we consistantly get a 100% rev. A connection.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I had dial-up a few years back.

We finally convinced Bell to drop the 450$ CAN charge they laid against us because they were negligent towards a virus in their system that they were fully aware of. This virus, unfortunately, made many, many long-distance calls to Tahiti on our dial-up line.

Dial-up = bad. and slow. and just wrong. No one should be tortured with dial-up >:|

Years
    I got Broadband when I got my laptop, which was when I re-joing PC, in August.

Honestly, Dial-Up sucks, particularly when your family does hundreds of phone calls per day.

Although, Broadband is still naff if you use IE, with all it's toolbars, etc. such as AVG Antivirus.

The ultimate combination is, obviously: Highspeed + Google Chrome + Wi-fi, or "Superior Connection + Superior Browser + Superior Mobility", as I like to call it. And now I find myself being offered money by google to continue promoting them.....:P

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I have high speed internet (cable/broadband). I used to have dial-up. That was a piece of junk! I hated it so much! I couldn't watch videos, listen to music from the website, view high quality pictures, and I get cut off after four hours online. And I get cut off when I get a phone call....it was SO ANNOYING!

As soon I got full-time from my job the first thing I got was high speed internet. And I been a happy camper ever since. <3 I am thinking about getting faster high speed though. I have about 100Mbps going on now. And I heard there are higher speeds than this, but it is sure better than dumb dial-up.

Dial-up should not exist anymore. Everyone should have high speed! Make it affordable cable companies! >:(

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I had dialup for the longest time. I got to level 80 on World of Warcraft with it though. Too bad there isn't an achievement for that. :P

Years
    I live in a very rural area, so internet in general is either Dial Up or Satellite. :/
    We had dial up until like 2007, and now we have "highspeed" through Wildblue >>;
    It's the worst ISP ever ;_;

The bandwidth limits are ridics. ):

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Ugh, going on PC with dial-up is a pain. I'm was at my friends house earlier, and she has dial up -.-
    THE BEEPING SOUNDS SCARE ME!
    AOL sucks so bad....
    Its.so.damn.slow.

I love my RoadRunner high speed internet <3

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have high-speed. I remember when we had dial-up.. it was horrible. We either could browse the net because my sister was blabbing away on the phone... or we couldn't use the phone because she was "checking" her myspace.

Back