• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga - Glitch? Or just plain lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
Years
  • Because I'm super hardcore about details, I'd like to point out that everyone saying that "Dialga and Palkia are the easiest legendaries to catch" is wrong. That title belongs to Shaymin, with a catch rate of 45 compared to Dialga and Palkia's 30.

And with that little tidbit out there, that was indeed a very lucky catch.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I consideer myself a really lucky trainer =)
    I have caught FR Mewtwo, Articuno and Moltres in my first try with a Pokeball.
    In Gold, i caught Ho-oh same as above, one shot, simple pokeball
    And in my first run in Diamond i caught Dialga in the first turn, full life, with a Pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Because I'm super hardcore about details, I'd like to point out that everyone saying that "Dialga and Palkia are the easiest legendaries to catch" is wrong. That title belongs to Shaymin, with a catch rate of 45 compared to Dialga and Palkia's 30.

And with that little tidbit out there, that was indeed a very lucky catch.

Yes you are right about the catch rate... BUT the catch rate do not apply for the Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(Pt only) that can be caught in Spear Pillar... Because they were programme to be capture more easier.

The most obvious example is Giratina, Giratina was diffcult to catch in DP, not in Pt as it was also programmed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    You got extremely lucky, but A glitch might have helped. I have friends who caught Palkia with a Pokeball. Anything can happen.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Yeah, but in the other hand i always had a rough time catching Lugia =(, so i think is pure lucky

Pingouin_7

The chance of catching dialga/palkia at full health in an ultra ball is 2.80% chance,Rather lucky.
    Hum, no. It's 7.843%

Yeah it is said that Dialga(in Diamond), Palkia(in Pearl), Giratina(in Platinum) are easier to catch, but had nothing to do with high catching rate. The reason is those trio are programme to be easier to catch. Like Ho-oh and Lugia in Hg/Ss(respectively).

Yes you are right about the catch rate... BUT the catch rate do not apply for the Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(Pt only) that can be caught in Spear Pillar... Because they were programme to be capture more easier.

The most obvious example is Giratina, Giratina was diffcult to catch in DP, not in Pt as it was also programmed.

No.
    Dialga and Palkia have 30 catch rate in every 4th gen. game, and Giratina has 3 catch rate (even in Platinum)
    Lugia and Ho-oh have 3 catch rate in HG/SS as well.

And what are you talking about?
    The only legendaries programmed to be easier to catch were Dialga, Palkia and Shaymin (Celebi as well, but it isn't legally obtainable)
    How did they achieve this? They made their catch rates higher.

Lil naps

Pirate
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Ok your not extremly lucky you are more likly to do that 49,000 times than find 1 shiny. This is because to catch a Dialga full health with a ultra ball is 6% but to find a shiny it is 0.000122% chance.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Like mentioned before, Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 3, while all other legends have 3/5/etc.
    So yeah, I also had an easy time capturing both of them on Mt. Coronet in Platinum, but you can get unlucky and they jump out of the Pokeballs like crazy.
    Oh, Beldum is harder to catch then those two. Waaay harder. >.< His catch rate is 3, like a legend. LIKE ARCEUS.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • Well you have to remember, there is always a 0.04% chance that it will be caught with no effort at all. That happened to my friend Zavior with Ruby, who caught Groudon in a premeir ball without weakening it at all. It was incredible!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Hum, no. It's 7.843%
    No.
    Dialga and Palkia have 30 catch rate in every 4th gen. game, and Giratina has 3 catch rate (even in Platinum)
    Lugia and Ho-oh have 3 catch rate in HG/SS as well.

And what are you talking about?
    The only legendaries programmed to be easier to catch were Dialga, Palkia and Shaymin (Celebi as well, but it isn't legally obtainable)
    How did they achieve this? They made their catch rates higher.
    I wish I had that web's link and paste it here... But I don't have it... I read it 1-2 years ago, but if you're interested you should Google it.

I know Dialga, Palkia, Giratina have low catch rate... However I am not talking about by their very own species-capture rate... I am talking about the Dialga you face in Spear Pillar in Diamond...

Let's say it in this way:
    If you AR a Dialga to appear in Route 201(201 is just an example...), the catch rate is 30 and more diificult to capture than the one in Spear Pillar, but the one in Spear Pillar is not limited to the low catch rate.

It's not proven yet(? or at least not me...), but I believe it, since I think it was too easy to catch Palkia in my Pearl. As I said, Google it, you may find about it [if that article/web page still exist, good luck tp you ;)].

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Lucky =P
    It took me 34 Ultra balls, (somewhere around there)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    happened to me with zapdos in LG and kyogre in emerald I was soooooo happy! hahahah it feels so good, right!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    That was lucky. I had a hard time capturing Giratina even with Dusk balls at night. I don't know if Dusk balls work effectively in the Distortion World

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back