• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dialga or palkia

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Diagla has 11 resistences, second only to the Magnemite family. :D

Palkia looks way cooler though. Pink FTW.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I think Dialga looks cooler but Palkia would fare better in an uber battle, since Dialga can't make much use of its exclusive move, unlike palkia.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Based on appearance, Dialga, but thats where the good things about Dialga stop for me.

Palkia is just better then Dialga, as other posts have explained, too bad he looks like a... well, use your imagination.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    They're both awesome! But I prefer Diagla.

They're both awesome! But I prefer Diagla though.

Last edited:
    Years
    If it's all based on looks, I prefer Palkia.

He's slightly reminiscent of a pink Mecha Godzilla, while Dialga looks like... a big horse... with a tumor growing out of his head... and funky knees.

Their cries...

Palkia's is more threatening, seeming to go "BLAAAWWHH!!" while Dialga's just... sounds like someone just kicked a cat. Hard.

Dialga might seem like he's more useful, but I'd take the pink dragon anyday.

Now if you're throwing Giratina into the mix... There's where we change things up a bit, because he's just freaking awesome.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    I like Dialga more but Palkia is stronger. If I were to use one in a battle I would pick Palkia, but it doesnt matter because I dont use ubers and I just have too much fun beating people's palkias on PBR with my milotic anyway

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
    I'd say this belongs in Pokemon General...
    But..
    Whatever.
    Dialga FTW.
    Even if it's cry does sound like a dying animal.

XaRhS

dialga looks more cool although i don't like the type combination>steel and ghost?isn't it far-fetched?

Years
    in terms of types i would choose palkia because it is only weaken to one type; that being dragon while dialga is weaken to 2; dragon and ice. But in terms of apperance i would choose dialga

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Uhh...

dialga looks more cool although i don't like the type combination>steel and ghost?isn't it far-fetched?

It's a dragon. How can it be Steel/Ghost? Steel/Dragon plox.

in terms of types i would choose palkia because it is only weaken to one type; that being dragon while dialga is weaken to 2; dragon and ice. But in terms of apperance i would choose dialga

Palkia is indeed weak to only Dragon, whereas the two types Dialga is weak to is Ground and Fighting. The Steel-type of Dialga nullifies the super-effectiveness of Dragon and Ice.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Palkia is better then Diagla to me. Because poor Palkia from the Movie when he got some damages from Diagla also, Diagla escape before Palkia and made Ash, Dawn and Brock blame Palkia instead both of them. Anyway I like Palkia better.

Back