• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Dialga or Palkia

• Total voters

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
Years
  • I prefer Palkia because Dialga can be beat by Infernape using flamethrower as its secondary type is steel plus palkia looks cooler XD.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Actually no, Dialga is neutral vs. Fire as it's not very effectiveness against Dragon makes it so.

Palkia is my preferred choice. I can't really explain why, I just prefer it, although I do like both Pokémon.

Years
  • I also like both Pokémon, however I chose Dialga because I caught him on Pokémon Diamond and have seen what he can do in battle; nevertheless, I have NOT see Palkia fight and my mind might be changed should I see it's ability and moves. I think Palkia look's cooler though.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I prefer Palkia because Dialga can be beat by Infernape using flamethrower as its secondary type is steel plus palkia looks cooler XD.

Close Combat would do a better job of clearing up Dialga. Since like mentioned by someone else, in this thread, Dialga is normal damage, due to its DRAGON/Steel typing. However, Dragon type doesn't normalise the Fighting weakness.

I've not really got a preferred of the two, although I will admit that I bought diamond, because I thought Dialga looked pretty cool. XD;;

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
  • Looks-wise, Dialga gets the vote. However, in terms of moveset, Palkia has a better one with STAB Surf and Spacial Rend. However, Dialga still has better typing, with 10 x2 resistances, one x4 resistance and one immunity, meaning Dialga can be switched in on just about anything.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Umm..pretty difficult choice here. I like both of them actually, but Palkia would be my choice. It was the first one I caught and I think it's really good. Both base stats are same and Palkia is good at some areas whereas Dialga is good at other areas.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Neither. They both sucked for me. I hate both of them. I like Kyogre much more.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Palkia for me since it has a much better cry, looks cooler and has a better moveset. Dialga sounds like a dying bird.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • True, sound could have been better >.> It sounds like a rubber duck being stepped on. BUT DIALGA is WAY better than Palkia. However Palkia is pretty good. I like Roar of Time way better than Spacial Rend. Dialga look so cool. Palkia is nice, but I like Dialga overall.

:16:

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    palkia is more useful than dialgia(especially while killing elite four).but dialgia is stonger than palkia, 'cause dialgia is steel type so the effect of dragon moves is still 100%, but to palkia, it's 200%

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Facts first? Palkia only has a 2x weakness to Dragon.
    Dialga have a 2x weakness to Ground (On noez, EQ!) and Fighting, meaning that it might be easier to knock out.
    But in a Dialga vs Palkia battle, I think that Dialga would win. Super effective Roar of Time with STAB is way better than a STAB neutral Spacial Rend, or so I think. So for me?

Dialga, without doubt. 11 resistances, one immunity, and a powerhouse attack. Palkia, goodbye.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Dialga, to me, looks a lot better than Palkia. Palkia looks...hunchback. And he's pink. I dun like pink. D: And Roar of Time saved my life in the Pokemon League. xD

And I don't really like water types a lot. So Dialga takes my vote. :D

However, I do like Palkia's ability to distort space...maybe just because I like the word distortion?

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I prefer Dialga. It looks a whole lot better than Palkia, in my opinion. I think the fact that it has four legs and somewhat resembles a dinosaur is a major plus in its appearance. I also like Dialga's attacks more than Palkia's. Also, I don't care much for Water-types.

Back