• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen dialga or palkia

DIALGA OR PALKAI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I prefer Dialga...Since I have diamond and I just like it a bit better for battling. He also looks a lot cool than Palkia and has a beast type combination =P

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
    Years
    I vote Dialga because I have Diamond, it is cooler and I like the moveset better. I also like Palkia, but Dialga is better.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Since this is talking about two Pokémon native to just the D/P/P games, it's off to the D/P/P forums we go! :D

-Moved-

Years
    palkia FTW!

Palkia.
    Why settle for a big wolf...thing...when you can have a Water Dragon instead? Plus, he has wings. And wings are awesome.
    Besides, Dialga got the short end of the "cool power" stick. Time? Please. Space is EVERYTHING. Everything that takes up space, everything that is in space (Which everything is), Palkia has control over ANY MATERIAL.
    Plus, Spacial Rend sounds much more epic then Roar of Time. How do you roar out time, anyways?
    Dialga is cool and all, but Palkia is much cooler.

i 100% agree but i got Diamond for my Uncle bought me when i wanted pearl but still my friend got me a PALKIA and hes asome and i also agree with DIALGA cant ROAR out TIME its weird

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    dialgas better than palkia at everything
    my dialga kicked my friends palkias butt with roar of time
    it was a 1-hit-ko
    and diamonds are way better than crappy pearls that get ruined if you wet them
    and dialga looks way cooler and is way taller
    dialga is a better color i mean cause like seriously palkia looks cool but the pink maakes him so girly
    dialga can learn ice beam to ko ground types and a strong neutral attack like roar of time will take out most fighting types

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    You do realize that Dialga's type matchups cause it to resist both of Palkia's STAB moves, not to mention hitting a STABed supereffective hit on Palkia with a dragon type move. With that said, Dialga wins in a head on match against eachother. I haven't the basic knowledge to really judge them on their power and effectiveness because I've never used them before. From what I do know, Palkia is stronger because it hits faster and gets powered up in the rain. Palkia looks better than that freakish temporal giraffe. Palkia wins my vote.
    Yes. Palkia ftw he does look better.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Palkia.
    Why settle for a big wolf...thing...when you can have a Water Dragon instead? Plus, he has wings. And wings are awesome.
    Besides, Dialga got the short end of the "cool power" stick. Time? Please. Space is EVERYTHING. Everything that takes up space, everything that is in space (Which everything is), Palkia has control over ANY MATERIAL.
    Plus, Spacial Rend sounds much more epic then Roar of Time. How do you roar out time, anyways?
    Dialga is cool and all, but Palkia is much cooler.

Couldn't you argue, though, that because time and space are interrelated so deeply, Dialga would also affect the spacial aspects of reality? So when you think about it, Palkia's rending of space affects time as much as Dialga's roaring (which I take to mean accelerating) time affects space? As time warps, so would the space interlaced with it. Technically, in that sense, Dialga also has control over all matter. Not trying to criticise you, just playing devil's advocate. =P

And yes, "Spacial Rend" is better than "Roar of Time". Because watching the three spacial dimensions being torn apart is so much cooler than watching (er... feeling?) time "roar". xD

In terms of the actual pokemon though, I'm torn. I liked Dialga more to begin with, but since I bought Pearl instead of Diamond, Palkia's been growing on me. Thus I shall hold my vote.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2008
    i like dialga! cause he's cool with having the 2 types of steel and dragon.
    hes also my favorite legend! :)

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I have diamond, but I still go for Palkia

Palkia only has one weakness

Dialga has 2

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    GOOOOOOOOOOO DIALGAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I LIKE DIALGA HE'S WAY BETTER THAN PALKIA...... HEHE ALL MY FRIENDS HAS PEARL AND LIKE PALKIA AND IM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS A DIAMOND :( BUT I THINK DIALGA IS WAY STRONGER THAN PALKIA AND I LIKE HIS ROAR OF TIME :D ITS AWSOME AND IT CAN KILL MANY POKEMON IN ONE HIT ........

VOTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEED FORRRRRRRRRRR DIALLLLLLLLGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would say Dialga because he looks way cooler, and in the movie it makes Dialga look even stronger...PLUS, I have Diamond...

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    Dialga over Palkia any day! I'm one to prefer diamonds over pearls, and plus Dialga looks really cool, is half resistant to Spacial Rend, can whoop Palkia with Roar of Time, and can slow down time in Super Smash Bros, which is omega cool.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I think Dialga looks a lot better but I have pearl and i think Palkia is better for battle and skills. I'd love to be able to twist space! time would be cool as well. ill have to vote for Missingno. *ticks phatom box*

Back