• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia?

Which do you prefer: Diagla or Palkia?

• Total voters

Empoleon6667

Gengar Fanboy
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I have been wondering about people and witch legendary they would prefer more Dialga The ruler of time or Palkia The ruler of space? ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not a huge fan of either of these, but I much prefer Dialga. It looks regal...which is...good...I guess haha. I've never liked Palkia's design. I love pink, but Palkia looks...really uncomfortable? And I just feel bad for the poor thing. :(

I actually much prefer Giratina to these two, but out of this duo, I'd say Dialga. Only problem...its teeth are on the bottom and makes it look a little silly, like an old man losing his teeth. :( But oh well.

Years
  • I've always liked Palkia more. Its design has appealed more to me, and I like its moveset and such more, even if Dialga has more resistances and such. Spacial Rend is really sick.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Dialga. I started with Diamond, so Dialga was among the first legendaries I got to see for myself. On top of that, I just think that the battle music for the two suited Dialga more...like, the struggle of time and the effect it would have if it was lost was imposed in the music. It just felt more fitting to Dialga than to Palkia.

That, and I love the Steel/Dragon typing. Dialga shares that honour all to itself. :p

Years
  • Not a big fan of either myself but Dialga has always been cooler to me when it comes to design. Only thing I prefer of Palkia is its cry - sounds a lot cooler. I started with Pearl so Palkia was my first but my first English version of the games was Diamond so I consider Dialga the "true first", aha.

Years
  • (someone should really stick a poll in here)

But as for what I say, I love Dialga better of the two. I love its design and the blue coloring, the only thing that really sucks is its cry. Also, I played Diamond first out of the two versions so yeah fitting I'd love Dialga.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally prefer Dialga. It's design is a lot better compared to Palkia's, in my opinion. Though, I think it would have made a lot more sense if it were either dragon/water or dragon/ice instead dragon and steel. Its body color is primarily blue, so, yeah… plus, they have a tradition of relating Pokémon's color scheme with their typing. As for Palkia, I think it could have been dragon and psychic. d:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'm going to lean toward Palkia. I think it's got a crisper, sleeker design which I much prefer. Although, I do prefer Roar of Time over Spacial Rend. But Palkia has a really unique typing so it takes my vote. :p

+ I've also added a poll. (yay!)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Dialga here! I thought its design looked cool, and the fact that it makes a great representation for time than Celebi was.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Dialga all the way! I chose Diamond over Pearl purely over the boxart, and although initially I found Dialga way too slow for a Dragon-type (especially in the Pokémon League where it was getting outpaced by Hippowdon and the like and being killed by Earthquake), and wanted to try a Palkia. I have used Palkia a little, the lv. 70 one in Platinum, and I just don't like it as much. Spacial Rend has a better animation in my opinion, but Dialga's typing and design win it for me.

Back