• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Shiny Umbreon Hunter

Shiny Umbreon Master
    Years
    Now I know that they are evenly matched so after looking at that common Fact you should go with what looks the best to you. Now after saying that I think Dialga is better looking then Palkia for a number of reasons. First Dialga is not pink. Second it controls time. Third is that a diamond is generally harder to find then a pearl. So there you have it. My Opinion which alot of people will over look lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    You know......we should put them together.....make a continuem..lol anyway.. I think that both are perfect. It's like lugia and ho-oh. They both have the some of one type.(D/P=dragon, L/H=flying)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    You know after starting this thread and reading the comments I have been thinking, and I am now torn between the 2. But then I relized that whatever the 3 game in the d/p series is you will be able to catch both. :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I like Palkia better! Dunno why! I guess I just think he looks better ;D

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Palkia can whip Dialga, IMO. Good Speed and Sp. Att make this thing a SWEEPING WONDER. Aqua Tail can 2-3HKO Blissy with the right Ev's, or even if it's just raining. Special Rend is a great attack - and ROT is just a spazzy Hyper Beam.

... Besides, I like the name Palkia better than Dialga. =P

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    Parukia. Personally, I could care less which is stronger. I just think Parukia looks cooler.
    Plus, it's pink. <3
    I think what I don't like about Diaruga are its teeth. It has three square teeth, which kind of looks...not menacing. Just like an old man who's lost his teeth. Plus, he's got a wrinkly upper lip. ._.
    Though, he is the controller of time [I think], so maybe he wanted to look like a grandpa?
    xD You can see what I'm talking about on Serebii's banner.

Mizuken

Mastermind
    Years
    Dialga personally. Palkia is probably a better sweeper but palkia has more resistances. But they are ubers so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Dialga is better

It's steel type, giving much more resistances, plus it can't be defeated with a fire attack with its dual dragon type

Better powered attacks
    Roar of Time - 150 PWR

Palkia has the other weaker powered attack, Spacial Rend, i think it was like 90...

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    What is wrong with all of you?! It's about resistances, People!

Here is Dialga's:
    Normal-half damage
    Flying-Half damage
    Grass- Quarter damage
    Poison-No damage
    Bug-Half damage
    Water-Half damage
    Electric-Half damage
    Rock-Half damage
    Psychic-Half damage
    Ghost- Half damage
    Dark-Half damage
    Steel-Half damage

And here's Palkia's
    Fire-Quarter damage
    Water-Quarter damage

So yeah, I say Dialga's way better.

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Dialga get better design.

But Palkia is still better, weakness against Earthquake screw Dialga up really bad.

knux442

Cipher *****
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    Dudes, it's been proven -- DIAGLA IS SUPERIOR!

C'mon, who doesn't like Diagla?! He's way better in stats, looks, and attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back