• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga vs Palkia vs Giratina - Your favorite Cover Legendary

Best Legendary

• Total voters
Years
  • My favourite is Palkia, I bought Pearl when it came out so for no reason at all I just have a like towards that one more than the other three.

giles863

Geodude Expert
    Years
  • In order (and why):
    1. Dialga...Roar of Time. Need I say more?
    2. Palkia...Never really used it, but I like it more than Giratina.
    3. Giratina...Absolute garbage Pokemon. Moves weren't that great. The only thing I liked about it was it's high HP

Azurina

PKMN Ranger Carmen Sandiego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    Forever Palkia. <3 Don't have Giratina yet, since I've been SRing my Platinum for shiny starters, and I never got Diamond because I never really cared for Dialga.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    Dialga. He's blue and part steel type. :] I get really frustrated battling Palkia, though, as it is Dragon and Water type (the same as Kingdra), bringing back memories of awful battles against Clair in Gold and Silver version. :|

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • My favorite has to be Giratina.
    Come on people, Shadow Force hits even if the target protects itself.
    Plus, I like it's Origin Forme. :3

Fezao4

Hi
    Years
  • The 1st,2nd and the last favourite:
    1.Giratina,with his DARK powers.
    2.Palkia,dont REALLY really used but more tougher than Dialga(for me)
    3.Dialga,hmm...dont really liked but if OAK just have a Dialga il accept.

Giratina s face are weird...she s my best legendary but she s a Scorpion or what???
    Dialga s cry are horrible...aaaahhhh!!!
    Palkia is the normal one...but i vote to Giratina.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dialga and Palkia just look like Digimon from Season 3 onwards (in other words, Digimon after it stopped being good), so I'm going to have to go with Giratina here. Giratina is nothing amazing itself, but compared to Dialga and Palkia it's great.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Everybody loves Dialga for some reason. Giratina too. :/ I loved Palkia. I like Giratina too, but Dialga was just...ugh. XD;

Firstly, Palkia is part water-type. I LOVE water-type Pokemon since they're so powerful and have a great moveset. I also like Spatial Rend, since it's a pretty original move, unlike Dialga's Hyper Beam copycat Roar of Time. It also looks amazing. It stands upright on two-legs, giving it this dignified look. Dialga looks like a disheveled stray dog (no offence Dialga, but the truth hurts :[). And Palkia had its strengths in the battle. From the top of my head, I can think of only one weakness Dialga has (Dragon), compared with Dialga's 2 (Ground and Fighting) and Giratina's 4 (Ice, Dragon, Dark and Ghost).

Giratina was pretty good for battles. It has a lot of weaknesses, but it makes up for them because of its bulk. It's probably better than Palkia in battles, probably because of my style of battling (sit it out). Then again, the 4 (I think it's 5) weaknesses of Giratina make it pretty vulnerable to a powerful attack by the foe.

Overall, I guess I prefer Palkia over Giratina, and Giratina over Dialga. I guess it's because I've played Pearl and Platinum a number of times compared with playing Diamond just once (and subsequently having more experience with Giratina and Palkia over Dialga).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm going to have to go with Dialga. Why? Well, I chose Diamond because of its' appearance.

It's got a unique type combination, with puts it over Palkia. Also, I generally prefer its' design to that of Giratina, and nostalgia puts it ahead of Giratina too.

So, yeah. Oh, also, in Giratina and the Sky Warrior and Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Dialga was a good guy! Firstly, Giratina drags the poor guy into the Distortion World, and then he uses up most of his strength enabling Ash and Co. to travel through time!

Dialga vs Palkia vs Giratina - Your favorite Cover Legendary

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    Can I vote for Ho-Oh?

Uhh, well, if not I'm kinda biased.
    I've only played Pearl.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm for Dialga. Just because it looks the coolest and isn't pink or weird-looking. ^^

Just because its pink doesnt mean its weird. Thats like rasicism to pokemon! Lol jokes man but theres a soft spot for palkia for me, which is the reason i got pearl first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Palkia, since it my favourite type combination (love Water and Dragon types). I like how the pearls are positioned on 'him' (I decided Palkia is male).

Shadowcat15

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Dialga was my first game and to tell the truth it has been my favorite! Dialga all the way!!!
    but i have to admit that Giratina is amazing she has the BEST move type availability and ghost/dragon is my favorites combo
    ghosts and dragons are my favorites :)

Last edited:
    Back