• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga vs Palkia - Who would win?

Who'd win in a fight and who's better overall?

• Dialga would win and is better overall.

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Dialga would win but Palkia is better overall.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Palkia would win and is better overall.

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Palkia would win but Dialga is better overall.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Help, I can't decide...

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    This is a question that I have seen debated a lot on other forums, between people etc, so - I want your opinion on it... I'm not looking for Palkia because it look's cooler and I like the colour pink. I'd like legitimate answers, because everywhere else that debate's this always either starts or ends badly.

So, seriously, proper discussion please.

* If this is in the wrong forum, tell me...
    * Poll to come...

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • That doesn't make sense, Steel is not very effective against water if I remember correctly,
    so, if you look at it type-wise, Palkia would be the winner.
    Not sure if you're talking about terms of actual power.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • "Dialga would win but Palkia is better overall."

Dialga can hit Palkia with a STAB, super-effective Dragon move, whereas Palkia's type's attacks can't hit past normally effective. However, Palkia has much better typing otherwise, and is much more useful.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Dialga's Steel type, as said wouldn't be very effective,but Steel typing prevents Dialga from being hit by a super effective dragon move. Palkia though would be hit by super effective dragon attacks. Dialga would win and is better overall, in my opinon. Yet I like Palkia's typing over Dialga's somtimes.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Dialga has a typing advantage. Plus, it has the better special move. Dialga is better overall.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    totally Dialga i mean its roar of time has 20% more power than the dragon spec that Palkia has

Years
  • why we should think about which one would win? in game, with the type combination and signature move, dialga definitely win and in anime, like movie 10 featured, dialga damaged palkia so badly that it had to run to another space and hid

Years
  • Palkia's faster and has better Sp. D. I think he'd at least partially wreck Dialga. And Earth Power/Aura Sphere is in both of their learnsets. One-on-one, assuming they both have Choice Specs/Life Orbs...

Of course, I'd have to actually try it myself, but I have no Dialga.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Sorry Palkia. You may be my favorite of the two, but I think your brother's titanium claws tearing into your flesh trump your fancy splashes. Of course, I've always Dialga as Arceus's "favorite son". GTFO of the spotlight, Dialga! Give others a chance!

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • Bleh, I'm not too fond of Roar of Time. When it comes down to Uber battling, 8 PP is extremely bad - especially since almost half of the tier has the Pressure ability. It's also a copy of Hyper Beam - a horrible move. Palkia wins, hands down.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • That doesn't make sense, Steel is not very effective against water if I remember correctly,
    so, if you look at it type-wise, Palkia would be the winner.
    Not sure if you're talking about terms of actual power.
    Because of its steel type as defensive!
    Its stell type protects it from dragon disadvantage.

And roar of time PWNs palkia easily.

Years
  • Not 100% sure on the numbers but...I've seen Palkia can learn Focus Punch and Focus Blast, so forget special rend when facing Dialga. Assuming Palkia has a focus sash, and Dialga choice specs/focus sash, Palkia uses Focus Blast to do massive damage (although Accuracy is crud, 70% for just ONE hit is a decent risk), Dialga uses Roar of Time to nearly OHKO Palkia, Palkia uses Focus Punch since Dialga can't move (even if normal attack isn't Palkia's forte, 150, super effective, and ensured accuracy compared to Focus Blast is excellent).

Then again, Dialga would only need to simply use something like Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor, actually almost anything on the first turn to ruin the Sash (and focus punch, 70% accuracy is worse to try risking two turns in a row, again, not sure on the numbers in calculation with EVs, IVs, etc so I don't know whether that'll 2HKO or OHKO properly, but I'm just going to assume Roar of Time's 150x1.5 STABx 2 super effective is more than enough to OHKO Palkia without a sash). It really depends on the situation you give them.

Back