• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond or Pearl...?

AmazingPiplup

Adorable! ^_^
    Years
    In YOUR opinion which is better and why? There's been a lot of Pokemon vs. Pokemon but I've always wondered what people think about Diamond and Pearl? So which is better? The one with the Pink water dragon legendary? OR the Blue Steel Dragon legendary?

In my opinion, diamond is better. Cranidos is MUCH better than Shieldon in my opinion. Though I prefer Glameow and Misdreavous, I prefer the legendary much more, and since it's one of the hugest things about D/P it really comes down to that for me. Both games also have some different national Dex Pokemon, but overall I still think Diamond is better than pearl. Sure, Pearl gets Salamence but we get an equivilent to it - Tyranitar. So although there aren't too many differances I still prefer Diamond to Pearl. :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I'll just have to add that Murkrow >>>>>>>> Mis___us for me, so that's another strong reason for me to prefer Diamond over Pearl as well. Completely agrees with the rest ^^

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Well, they're both the same really, so I don't understand how someone can like one over the other that much.

But, I got Pearl first as my friend was getting Diamond and she wanted me to get the other game so she could complete the pokedex or whatever she was trying to do.

But, they're both good games, so I have no real opinion on the matter.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I've played all three 4th gen games, but my first run had Stunky, and that means I have to side with Diamond. Also, the shiny Murkrows sell REALLY well xD...

Noibat

Years
    Diamond for me. Dialga looks better than Palkia in my opinion. besides, diamonds are a girls best friend amirite? =D

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I prefer platinum because Dialga looks much better than Palkia even though (supposedly) Palkia is stronger than Dialga, I think it should be the other way around. Also, Dialga can use Roar of Time which is much better than Spacial Rift.(in my opinion)

Alec_

Years
    I prefer Diamond for me. I wanna get Dialga :3. XD. But Palkia seems cool also. But i really prefer Diamond!.

~Fairytales.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Diamond was the one i first got which i enjoyed, though now i do prefer Platinum for the fact that you can get the most legendaries in one game. Though i do love Dialga and Roar of Time, much more than Palkia.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I prefer Diamond over Pearl coz Dialga is very cool!! I also like Rampardos and Honchcrow very much. I don't like Salamence for some unknown reason and I prefer Blue over Pink. Need I say more?

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
    Years
    I like them both equally, i did however like diamond better then pearl b/c of some of the better pokemon like skunky and skunktank, but i believe they are rlly rlly similar :D

Years
    I used the Exclusives list on serebii to determine which game I wanted:

DIAMOND: Seel, Dewgong, Scyther, Murkrow, Scizzor, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Poochyena, Mightyena, Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Kecleon, Cranidos, Rampardos, Honchcrow, Stunky, Skuntank, and Dialga.

PEARL: Slowpoke, Slowbro, Pinsir, Slowking, Houndour, Houndoom, Misdreavous, Stantler, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Mismagius, Glameow, Purugly, and Palkia.

Also, I liked Mime Jr. more than Bonsly at the time. I also liked Honchcrow better than Mismagius. So I chose Diamond.

Years
    Well, they're both the same really, so I don't understand how someone can like one over the other that much.

But, I got Pearl first as my friend was getting Diamond and she wanted me to get the other game so she could complete the pokedex or whatever she was trying to do.

But, they're both good games, so I have no real opinion on the matter.
    I basically agree with this, there really isn't that much for someone to prefer than the other game, but I do like Diagla over Palkia so Diamon will have to be my pick for the game I prefer.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I like diamonds pokemon more but I chose Pearl not knowing the differences :P

Ayselipera

Well there completely the same besides the mascot
    and a few other pokemon are only in one game.

So I guess I would say I like Diamond more since its has more
    of the pokemon I like, but I dont like it more than Pearl by much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    To me, they are like the same thing and I like both of them equally. The only thing different about the two, is that they can both obtain different pokémon from the opposite game. For example, Diamond has Murkrow and Pearl has Misdreavus. Since I prefer Misdreavus over Murkrow, I prefer Pearl, but I have both games so I can't really say. However, since Pokémon Pearl has Palkia, I like Pearl just a tad more than Diamond.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I chose Diamond simply because my brother already had Pearl, but I kind of like Dialga better as well.

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    I got pearl when it came out, i dont see whats different between them? except a few pokés
    I also got platinum a few days after it was released in the uk. I think its much better than pearl/diamond.

Back