• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl Disscussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnly

The Random Repper....
    Years
    This is the diamond and pearl disscussion thread.

1. Only thalk of ideas about diamond and pearl
    2. no spamming
    3. no double posting:

My list would be:

Pre-Evo of Poliwag
    Evo of Celibi
    Pre-Evo of Celibi
    Pre-Evo of Rayquaza
    Pre evos of all starters
    Evo of Entei, Raikou, Suciune, Lugia, Ho-oh

What do you think. If legendaries could evolve it would make the game cooler?

My thought ons starters:

Flying/Grass
    Steel/Fire
    Dragon/Water

Well? What are your ideas?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I disagree with letting legendaries evolve/prevolve...

My thought ons starters:

Flying/Grass
    Steel/Fire
    Dragon/Water

It's ok, but the water-type shouldn't be half dragon as it nullifies waters inherent weakness to grass, and it would make that starter overused...

I want the return of day/night, and the addition of real-time seasons. random weather conditions and more scientific weather effects.

TheOnly

The Random Repper....
    Years
    what i am trying to get across on the starters would be mixed types. day and night was awesome. The best game so far was gold and it had the day and night stuff. seasons sounds cool also.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    yeah but the seasons would be like a little weird.It could be changed like in old zelda games and the years like in zelda and the hack of mastermew "Rob's adventure"but its kind of weird:)

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    tmbjr said:

It's ok, but the water-type shouldn't be half dragon as it nullifies waters inherent weakness to grass, and it would make that starter overused...

I want the return of day/night, and the addition of real-time seasons. random weather conditions and more scientific weather effects.
    I love you. If you couldn't guess, I completely agree. I just hope that the game stays true to the old Pokemon games and that the second screen isn't just gimmicky. The LAST thing DP needs to do is suck.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Bliksem said:
    I love you. If you couldn't guess, I completely agree. I just hope that the game stays true to the old Pokemon games and that the second screen isn't just gimmicky. The LAST thing DP needs to do is suck.

love...me?
    *hides*

Meh, I really can't think of a good way of utilizing the second screen, so I'm not putting any high expectations out...The only good option I can think of is it'll displaythe standard start menu, and you can shuffle through the options with the touch screen while still playing on the top screen...

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, you should be able to go to a place where you get to pet your Pokemon and stuff like that. It would make your Pokemon like you more. Bring day and Night system back. Also bring the cell phone thing back from G/S. You would use the touch screen to easily select items and stuff like that. And also you could use the touch screen to call moves. But will it be wi-fi enabled so you can battle people across the world? I think so. But wouldn't it be stupid if there were thousands of trainers that all look alike. So I think when you start the game you would be able to customize your character with loads of different options. Graphics? Keep the battle system 2D(But upgrade the attacks), and maybe walk around in a 3D would with a overhead view? Or keep it all 2D? Make it all 3D?

Years
    Or the Poke PDA from Colusseum. What better format for a PDA than a touch screen. Put the Pokedex in there and make it a PokeGear too.

I dont know about real time seasons maybe weekly. I liked real time day and night but that might have been done a way with because the target for this game (little kids) have a bed time and such.

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    tmbjr said:

*coughkingdraiswaterdragoncough*

Years
    I think he was talking in terms of starters. Someone recomended a Water/Dragon starter but that would give it an advantage over your rival by the end. Kinda like if your water eventualy became Water/Ice or your Fire eventualy became Fire/Electric.

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    I'd like to see seasons and day/night ^^ Also i think that they should enable a wireless link between DS because as long as it has the ability why should we mess around with wires and link cables lol

Also what would be nice is a section of the game, like a seperate island, where you and a friend can go hunting for pokemon side by side and also do team battles together.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    -Jirachi- said:
    I'd like to see seasons and day/night ^^ Also i think that they should enable a wireless link between DS because as long as it has the ability why should we mess around with wires and link cables lol

Also what would be nice is a section of the game, like a seperate island, where you and a friend can go hunting for pokemon side by side and also do team battles together.

Great ideas -Jirachi-, I really like the island idea. Maybe even they could make it so that you and you friends would be in the same Pokemon world! That would be so awesome(Of course, would have to beat the game first to do that). Nintendo, you better make this one good, and I mean very good!!!

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Another idea i had was since the DS has this ability to wireless link with certain games why not put that wireless function to another use like the trading side of things.

Also i would like to see a character creation system, even if it is a simple one. Say pick of hair colour, Hat or bandana, Banadana Colour, Clothes and colour and even custom pokeballs for your character. Simple little things like that make games more enjoyable :)

sticxstat

Thinking Up Better Lives
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    A Wi-Fi union world. Similar to the adventure world, only no NPCs, just other DS Pokemon Trainers.

Cidinho Faulk

Steve gave me a max revive
    Years
    this is not digimon that theres pre evo of starters -.-
    - day and night
    - mini television
    - new moves
    - 150 new pkmn
    - new graphic
    - steve continue helping, like in emerald
    - possibility to go to hoenn, kanto and johto. The islands too
    - new itens