• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
  • Why not make a Glitch Topic? To start things off (in case you people are interested, and whatnot...)

The Legendary Glitches! (Update when possible)

Before I can show you the glitch, you need to know the E4 Glitch, so:

E4 Glitch:

1. Go into the Elite 4. You must have a Surfing Pokemon, and a Flying Pokemon, just to test it out. (I don't really know about that, but... someone suggested it.)

2. When you enter the first Elite 4 room, immediately (you don't have to, but it's best if you do) turn back, and use SURF on the door. If used correctly, you can go past the door, and into the black abyss.

So, now to the first glitch.

Darkrai Island ( Right translation? ) :

1. Use the E4 Glitch (Explained at the top)
    2. Land back on solid ground (black abyss) when you go south.
    3. RESET your step counter.
    4. Go 200 steps EAST from the door you just left.
    5. Go 254 steps SOUTH. (If you need help, then the total is 454.)
    6. Then go 54 steps WEST (508 steps in total)
    7. Then, use the Underground Kit (I don't really know what this is, because I don't own the game...)
    8. You should appear Underground, so resurface (Again, I don't really know how to do this...)
    9. You will apparently be in a glitchified ground.
    10. Check your MAP key item to have it stop glitching.
    11. Now, you can catch Darkrai. Remember, that you need FLY to get out. So far that I know of. Please correct me if I am wrong.

NOW!

Sheimi Glitch! :

1. Use the E4 Glitch (>.<)
    2. Go 200 steps EAST. (RESET your Step counter if you need help counting)
    3. Go 363 steps SOUTH in total. (563 steps)
    4. Go 722 steps EAST in total (1, 285 steps in total)
    5. Go 18 steps WEST (1, 303 steps in total)
    6. Use the UNDERGROUND Kit.
    7. SAVE, reload it, (I believe, please notify if I am wrong) and then open the MAP Key Item.
    8. Go north to capture Sheimi!

*Helpful Hints*

Try saving before doing any of these glitches, and save when you are about to fight the legendaries.

(CREDITS: AxelXIII of GameSpot, Mystic Gohan of ?.)

And the videos:

Hosted now by Google.

Darkrai Part One: https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3485021650337707370&q=Darkrai

Darkrai Part Two: https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3391258549530863092&q=Darkrai

Sheimi Part One: https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3391258549530863092&q=Darkrai

Sheimi Part Two: https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-591237413479779030&q=Darkrai

This was found out by El Xando, who made a separate post for it. While old, it helped find its way into the Video part of the tutorial glitch, so thanks, El Xando!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the site that apparently documents the effects and whatnot of the first two glitches, so update here if you find anything that is missing from this post.

https://gopokewiids.com/2006/10/the-elite-four-glitch/

Have fun guys!

From,
    ~TheRoad

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • There is a glitch in the DP Union Room, where when your connection gets lost while in the Room, when you restart the game you are stuck in a dark room with no door to get out.

I've heard this bug only occurs on some occasions, and you can escape by using Fly, or other escaping moves/items.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Wow, if these glitches work, that will make collecting wholly easier. :P

Years
  • Now, another glitch, found by someone else who I don't know. Bah, humbug.

Anyways:

D/P Cloning Trick!

1. Put the Pokemon you want to clone into your Party, from the BOX. If you already have it in the party, put them into the BOX, save, and take the Pokemon out.

2. Save your game. Then, when you boot up your DS (Lite), change the hour by an amount (30 Min, 60 Min, so on).

3. Reload the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl save.

4. The team should be of the current save file, but the BOX should be of the previous file.

I don't really understand this myself, so sadly I can't give any plausible information.

Well, the YouTube videos are gone now, thanks to Pokemon USA. Yay for them, and now we can't see them again.

I'll see if I can get anything else.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Cloning trick's been discovered already? Oh snap. Things just got sooo much easier.

Years
  • And why would he do that? As far as I know, he'd ensure such weren't on his site.

Maybe he means Serebii Forums?

Anyways, not really an update, but another way of doing the Darkrai glitch, not so quick but maybe not so glitchy as well...?

Anyways, because I'm lazy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Stand just at the E4 door, use Surf,(Reset step counter now) go around either side hogging to the walls untill you get to the other door.

2. Walk North until you have collected a step count of 225, also make sure you are on the 5th route (You should see 5 text boxes at the top left)

3. Go underground. you'll have an error, the game should reload the area!

4. Go south till you hit a wall, thi should be 422 steps in total now.

5. Go North 1 step.

6. Go west until you get to 435 steps total.

7. Go South until 601 steps total, you should check your map and see if your in the top left now.

8. Keep on going south until 662 steps total, refresh the map (the key item one).

NOTE! This is the biggie, when I did it, I was just north-west of Full Moon Island, for Ben (GameSpot person, who does *not* appear in this forum for all I know), he was still near the top, MAKE SURE YOU ARE JUST NORTH WEST OF FULL MOON ISLAND ON THE MAP. If it isn't, then keep going south until it is! (Please note this is NOT me. I just copied. Hee hee~)

9. The ocean surround full moon island should appear to the right. You want to try and go north until you can visibly see the end of the ocean going northwards.

10. Make sure you are a couple of steps leftwards of the water so that you do not get stuck.

11. Go underground, you should go down successfully, return to surface.

12. Run through water, eastwards the water should disappear, don't worry, go east a little more and it should return and there should also be a route change.

13. Go south now, until you get to the south of Full Moon Island.

14. Go east until another island comes into view (Darkrai Isle). You want to make sure you are directly south of the staircase.

15. Go north onto the staircase.

16. Now walk around the sandy path until you get north of the dock.

17. Save, welcome to the island!

18. Soft rest/ turn off and turn on the DS.

You will probably be in shadows again (If you just saved at 878 steps total, you could find yourself on the sailor, which although i got off from him, you could get stuck!)

19. Open up your map (key item)

20. Map should be corrected! May take more than one try.

21. Walk around, and go to the forest.

22. Stand face to face with Darkrai, this could be around 1002 steps. But this route should now be perfectly safe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I won't take credit for this guide, as it was written by a person named MysticGohan who goes in GameSpot, where I get most of my daily info.)

BTW, if you ever screw up your SAVE or anything, Nintendo JP. released a patch for the game.

And I forgot to mention this as well, so: YOU MUST HAVE THE NATIONAL POKeDEX TO RECORD THEIR INFORMATION!

Thank you for your patience.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hey I have an imported version of Pearl, and I tried it! I know, risky huh? Anyway if you follow the directions exactly as followed it really works! I now have a Sheimi on my team!!!! Also it was really easy to catch I just used a dark ball on it after i got it into the yellow, it wasn't asleep or anything.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • @TheRoad: does that only work for DSLite?

And in general, do you think they will remove these glitches in the US version?

Years
  • @TheRoad: does that only work for DSLite?

And in general, do you think they will remove these glitches in the US version?

Um, so far as I know, they work for all DS systems, so no, that works for every system. I recommended DS Lite because you can see better with it.

And it's a likely possibility that they will remove the glitches in the US version, now that they know about it.

Any more questions you want me to answer? Anyone?

And I'm still looking for any big glitches, like the Aruseus one that's supposed to go with the Darkrai and Sheimi.

I'll update when I can.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2006
    Crap..
    Now I won't be able to get those new legendarys, and be able to clone :(
    Maaybe cloning might work, doubtful.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i wonder how they'll manage the cloning glitch. it's quite understandable why the cloning glitch happens. because D/P keep a real time clock function, changing the time an hour back would reserve the data that you last saved, but would keep track of the items and team that you had at the time you change it to.

with the glitch, you have to make sure you at least had the pokemon in either your box or party at the time you set it back to. also, you don't have to do the whole charge thing as i've heard.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • This is why people should keep quiet about glitches until the games are released everywhere. I wanted to get a Sheimi or Darkai, but I suppose now I have to watch as people in some distant town go to a mall and get it for one day. Bah.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Cloning trick's been discovered already? Oh snap. Things just got sooo much easier

well just going back to that i think that this just makes the games seem pointless because the challenge of leveling up all your pokemon of different kinds, becomes pointless. Septar by the way i think the language you used at the beginning of your post was quite inappropiate and goes against the rules of the forum.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    NOOO! Grrr. The video was very vague and whilst trying to catch darkrai, I was too far in to full moon island when I did the underground thing and now I can't move or fly or use escape ropes. All I can do is wander the underground, or start a new game. Damn glitch.

Years
  • That sucks...

Did you follow the instructions posted here as well?

And if you're really having problems, try mailing it to NOJ (Nintendo of Japan).
    Many people say it's hopeless if you don't live in Japan, but I believe someone posted (in another forum, GS) that you could also mail the cartridge so that they can fix it.

You do have to give a notice though. And know Japanese. (The second one is easier, as you can use Free-Translation, or Babel Fish.)

From,
    ~TheRoad

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Another glitch Ive found on D/P (Well I didnt find it I just found out it existed by experiencing it and it's effects first hand) is that, once you restart the game, like I had to after I got stuck after trying the e4 glitch, you cant save. At all. Even if you restart loads! So not only can I not do anything on D/P, I can't fix it (I cant read japanese), AND I can't start a new game. What a waste of £35. They better fix these glitches when the englidh version comes out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back