• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Monotype Challenge

mystery5556668

new account- Tyl3rP4r
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    beat first rival battle with gibles dragon rage
    i dont have enough time to play lately so i will drop out

Last edited:

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Alright. I've traded over my first two Pokemon eggs. They've hatched: Erebus the male Absol, and Hecate the female Houndour. Also caught my HM slave, Baggage the male Bidoof. I'm now going to level them up before taking on the first gym.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    To be honest, it's not as hard as it looks.

In Diamond and Pearl most Pokemon have such diverse movesets that they can cover most/all of their weaknesses. The only time you'll really be in trouble is up against the E4 as taking down a few tanky Pokemon can be quite hard.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Remember guys, you should be psoting updates each time you achieve a major milestone, I don't believe that some of you haven't reached the first gym yet.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Hey, Can I join with steel? I'll trade over pokemon.

:P

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Sure, but remember that you can only have traded a max of two by the time you reach the fourth gym...

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Managed to beat the third gym, it was close though. It came down to Hecate in the red beating Lucario with Ember. I'm heading off to the fourth.

Just to clarify, I can trade over a third Pokemon after the fourth gym, right?

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    I'll join with water, hopefully this time the start button works on my ROM XD.

Apperently it doesn't on both roms I tried, I think its my emulator, so I can try without a start button, just cant heal things out of battle, and cant switch pokemon order <_<

nvm, found it. Was clicking the wrong button LOL

Anyway, just beat Roark, had 7 hp left after a potion, his cranidos did 2 pursuits in a row on me, without me attacking, but i got a critical hit bubble on him XD

My team after the battle:

Bidoof (Boof) Lvl. 10
    Tackle
    Growl
    Defense Curl
    ---

This will become a normal/water at level 15, when it evolves into Bibarel.

Piplup (Guin) Lvl. 14
    Pound
    Growl
    Bubble
    Water Sport

My starter, guin because pen(guin) XD

short update.

Another edit, forgot lol.

Starly (Flier) Lvl. 3 HM Slave
    Tackle
    Growl

Last edited:

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Update:
    Beat fourth gym. Surprisingly, Hecate, even though she's part fire, took out almost all off the gym trainers without healing in between battles, and 2 of the gym leader's Pokemon (Gyarados and Quagsire) 0_o She's a Houndoom now btw, and an absolute beast. Brine/Water Pulse did less than 25% each time. Also caught a Bibarel (Baggage II), and a Hoothoot in the Marsh for HM slaves.

Back